[XAP] [12.11.2012] WMDC Launcher [Full unlock/Root Tools unlock]

Search This thread

BellPego

Oct 21, 2008
Lisboa
Thankx a lot man :)

But, when i connect my Omnia 7 mi7ROM Fully-Unlocked to my PC (usb) and start App in my PC and the device... my device is not recognized ! :s

Nevertheless , all string in your app are OK !
With the app closed connect the phone to your computer, then launch Zune and let it sync... After sync, launch the app and the computer it will detect the phone and install drivers...

Then launch WMDC and you should be fine, if WMDC gives an error (because first time driver install I supose) do it again and it will work... ;)

Reactions: poloche

jayjojayson

really great work..
i have install the xap and all works.
so far so good, but where i can find the registry.
the fileexplorer is showing to me, but no link to registry.

maybe i must install anything else or have to change some settings for registry edit?
i don't know.. please help me.. i use hd7 with nextgen+ 2.6..

thanks

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
really great work..

maybe i must install anything else or have to change some settings for registry edit?

thanks
Install CeRegEdit or Registry Workshop and enjoy.

totalcmdext

Feb 7, 2006
Nokia 8.3 5G
Thanks ultrashot!!!

Very good job!!!

I hope to see in next version a backup function of the phone to the pc.

Last edited:

Lifear

Jan 24, 2007
Is it possible to use now Windows Media Player 11 to Sync with the Phone, so that the MediaPlayer on the Phone sees, the new Media Files like MP3 and so on? I dont like Zune

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
WMP11? It's not even possible with WMP12. WMP can't handle the encrypted communication channel that Windows Phone and other Zune devices use when syncing to the computer.

It's silly, especially since WMP does support connecting to *other* devices. It's been that way since the Zune brand launched though, and I've seen no indication of it changing. You don't have to use the Zune software for much, though; you can leave WMP as your primary media player and just use Zune to sync if that's what you want.

Lifear

Jan 24, 2007
The problem is the library file in my opinion. I sync via a automated playlist. This playlist holds Music with some Genres, not played in the last X days and has music only for x minutes, ordered by album and track number. If i play a song from the whole library on the PC, the playlist is updated (because of the last played timestamp). If i play a song on the device, the libarary on the device becomes also a new timestamp. This is synced back to the pc and updatest he library and the playlist there to.

This has worked with WMP11 and Windows Mobil 6.x and now with Zune/WP7. But Zune is in some things a little bit crippled :) It would be cool to use WMP again, to sync such things. Its much easier there.

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Zune does support playlist syncing, and can use the same playlists as WMP, if that's what you mean. It can sync the same files automatically, so long as Zune is indexing the loction where WMP puts the file (which it should be).

I agree that it's silly that the WMP software can't be used, but aside from being a bit faster on UI I don't really miss WMP from a music playback perspective.

Last edited:

totalcmdext

Feb 7, 2006
Nokia 8.3 5G
I have tried to use it with HD2 and there isn't possible to connect in the Windows Mobile Device Center?

I am using the ansar build.

eric1204

I have tried to use it with HD2 and there isn't possible to connect in the Windows Mobile Device Center?
I am using the ansar build.
HD2 just rock like my Mozart. It work so great.:)

but my HD2 not ansar rom. (that version still some problem)

HD2
WM-HD2000.jpg

Mozart
WM-Mozart000.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WMDC Launcher
    Native Debugger continuation

Do you miss fast & stable WP7 File Managers and Registry Editors for PC? If you do, there is a new approach for you - Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.

What is it?
    Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync are legacy applications made by Microsoft. They provide an access to file system, registry, ... let's say, they provide full remote access to connected phone's features.

What's this launcher for?
    Main purpose of this application is to enable Remote API support on device. PC will detect phone as WM and WP7 device simultaneously. Zune will still work.

Capabilities:
    • File managers. Almost every file manager that has WM support will work on WP7. Nice examples: Windows Explorer, Resco SendTo plugin (part of Resco File Explorer installation), CE Remote Tools File Manager, Altap Salamander, etc.
    • Registry Editors: CE Remote Tools Registry Editor, CeRegEdit, Registry Workshop.
    • Most of CE Remote Tools work.
    • Native debugging.
    • Many more apps support...

What's missed:
    There is no contacts/file/calendar/etc synchronization. PC may still offer it but it won't work.

As for debugging:
    IDA debugger also should work after a bit of editing magic.

Custom ROM usage:
    Usage is limited. You should ask me (ultrashot) for permission.

Neither Microsoft nor author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by application usage. Application is distributed AS IS without any warranties. Launcher cannot be sold.

FULLY UNLOCKED AND WP7 ROOT TOOLS >=0.12 ALPHA
    -No, not interop unlocked!
    -No, not developer unlocked!
    -No, not WP7 Root Tools-unlocked! FIXED, use WP7 Root Tools >=0.12 ALPHA
    Added a special version compatible with next WP7 Root Tools release. Works with full unlock as well.
    It isn't the version that supposed to have newer ConmanClient binaries.
    really great work..

thanks
    Install CeRegEdit or Registry Workshop and enjoy.
    So Magrip, on May 15 you posted:
    On May 21 you posted:
    Either try to be more specific, or stop ****ting in the topic.

Does this mean a WP7 device shows up as sync-able in Windows Media Player, after it's connected via WMDC? Thanks.
    Answer:
    msdn at ms site said:
    The Remote API (RAPI) library enables applications that run on a desktop to perform actions on a remote Windows Phone device. The functionality that RAPI provides includes the ability to manipulate the file system on the remote device, including the creation and deletion of files and directories. RAPI functions can be used to create and modify databases, either in the device's object store or in mounted database volumes. RAPI applications can also query and modify registry keys as well as launch applications and invoke methods on the remote device. Although most RAPI functions are duplicates of functions in the Windows Embedded CE API, a few new functions extend the API. Use these functions to initialize the RAPI subsystem and enhance performance of the communication link by compressing iterative operations into one RAPI call.
    Nothing about synchronization, I suppose, no?
    Current program allows full access to file system and registry of WP device from PC. No sync is implemented - neither to Outlook (contacts), nor to other things...