AT&T fusion android 2.3.4 root

Search This thread
Dec 29, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
Hey can anyone help me root my android 2.3.4? I have a att fusion that I'm trying to root and I don't know if there is a way to. Just thought I'd come here and get a straight answer.

Sent from my XDA App

mlnoyes

Jan 1, 2012
me too

hope someone has a way. I've been trying for three days to root this phone and nothing works so far. Not sure if at@t has done anything or not to prevent rooting.

WackO_Olsen

Jan 27, 2012
Step 1. http://androidforums.com/huawei-son...nmod-7-2-zad-rom-v-1-5huawei-u8650-sonic.html

Download and unzip the "Drivers Huawei (adb drivers)" to your desktop and install the drivers. Also download and unzip the "Custom CM Recovery" to your desktop as you will need it later.

Step 2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321582

Create a folder named DooMLoRD-v4 on your desktop and Download DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip and unzip it to that folder.

Put your phone into USB debugging mode and run the "runme" batch file in the DooMLoRD-v4 folder on your desktop. When done your phone should be rooted.

Step 3. Open the Custom CM Recovery folder and run the "Instalador" batch file

you now should have a rooted AT&T Fusion with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.

Step 4. http://androidforums.com/huawei-son...nmod-7-2-zad-rom-v-1-5huawei-u8650-sonic.html

Scroll down and you will find two custom roms that you can download and install on your phone with CM Recovery. Before you install open up the "system" folder and open the build.prop file in notepad once opened go to edit and in the drop down you should see a replace option. Replace "u8650" with "u8652" so that in your info your phone will have the right model number and save it.

Last edited:
Reactions: oclock

DaveNavy

Nov 4, 2008
Nha Trang Vietnam
Got all the files still cannot ROOT this damn thing, Tried Using Z4root wont work, Tried Using SuperOneClick, it Hangs on the #7 Process waiting for the Phone then I tried Using DoomLord V4 and it gets pretty far but shows that the Internal program memory is non-rewritable so im starting to guess "NO ROOT" is this possible?

Dec 29, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
Try and download the newest version of superuser and make a root file on the sd card. After that superuser is downloaded, put the file into the root file and wait for it to transfer, then when thats finished power off the phone and put it into recovery mode and apply update from SD card and choose zip file. Choose the superuser update and let it go through the process. Once its finished reboot device and you have root. Now all you have to do is flash a custom recovery on it and load a rom.
Let me know how it works!

Sent from my SWAGEDOUTEVO

hazmew22

Oct 5, 2012
I think i bricked my phone!

I did what the instruction said, but when i flashed a rom nd rebooted it, its stuck at the AT&T welcome screen... HELP!

Sazex

Sep 26, 2012
Fremont
Has anyone tried this root process with the fusion 2? If it doesn't work is there another way to root the fusion 2? Thanks.

dad101us

Jan 13, 2012
had same problem...this will fix it

First thing that you want to do is root your phone. I have done this twice with this method and it has worked great both times.

1) ROOTING YOUR FUSION:

This is the method that worked for me. It was already stated in another thread on this forum:

QUOTE from : charliedrums....

"Here is what I did: (this tutorial was done by sd_james over at xda developers)
1. You need to install the latest Android SDK (search google for latest version)

2. download SuperOneClick v2.3.3

3. Follow the instructions and make sure that you have set your Settings > Development > USB Debugging box checked. I also set Unknown sources checkbox on.

4. Type in the following code on the phone keypad

*#*# 2846579 #*#*

This will open up the Service Mode
Go to Project Menu > Background Settings > Log Settings
Turn on Log Switch and set Log Level Settings to Verbose

go back one screen

Go to Dump and Log and place a check in all log settings.

Reboot the phone

After reboot use superoneclick2.3.3
In superoneclick on the general tab click the root button and wait for it.

This is what worked for me.""

2) After your root, you want to install the Clockwork mod for this phone. (To do the back up for your rom and also install this will enable you to install custom Roms for this phone.)

jkeuclid

Mar 19, 2014
First thing that you want to do is root your phone. I have done this twice with this method and it has worked great both times.

1) ROOTING YOUR FUSION:

This is the method that worked for me. It was already stated in another thread on this forum:

QUOTE from : charliedrums....

"Here is what I did: (this tutorial was done by sd_james over at xda developers)
1. You need to install the latest Android SDK (search google for latest version)

2. download SuperOneClick v2.3.3

3. Follow the instructions and make sure that you have set your Settings > Development > USB Debugging box checked. I also set Unknown sources checkbox on.

4. Type in the following code on the phone keypad

*#*# 2846579 #*#*

This will open up the Service Mode
Go to Project Menu > Background Settings > Log Settings
Turn on Log Switch and set Log Level Settings to Verbose

go back one screen

Go to Dump and Log and place a check in all log settings.

Reboot the phone

After reboot use superoneclick2.3.3
In superoneclick on the general tab click the root button and wait for it.

This is what worked for me.""

2) After your root, you want to install the Clockwork mod for this phone. (To do the back up for your rom and also install this will enable you to install custom Roms for this phone.)
This method doesn't work on my old Consumer Cellular AT&T Huawei U8652, just hangs at Step #7 "Waiting for device"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Step 1. http://androidforums.com/huawei-son...nmod-7-2-zad-rom-v-1-5huawei-u8650-sonic.html

Download and unzip the "Drivers Huawei (adb drivers)" to your desktop and install the drivers. Also download and unzip the "Custom CM Recovery" to your desktop as you will need it later.

Step 2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321582

Create a folder named DooMLoRD-v4 on your desktop and Download DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip and unzip it to that folder.

Put your phone into USB debugging mode and run the "runme" batch file in the DooMLoRD-v4 folder on your desktop. When done your phone should be rooted.

Step 3. Open the Custom CM Recovery folder and run the "Instalador" batch file

you now should have a rooted AT&T Fusion with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.

Step 4. http://androidforums.com/huawei-son...nmod-7-2-zad-rom-v-1-5huawei-u8650-sonic.html

Scroll down and you will find two custom roms that you can download and install on your phone with CM Recovery. Before you install open up the "system" folder and open the build.prop file in notepad once opened go to edit and in the drop down you should see a replace option. Replace "u8650" with "u8652" so that in your info your phone will have the right model number and save it.