[ROM] Wellcom A800 Stock Firmware Release on 08-Aug-2011

Search This thread

taiz

Jun 21, 2005
BKK
Firmware should work with compatible devices such as: Cherry Mobile Superion, Commtiva Linx N700, Olivepad VT-100, Spice MI700, and Camangi FM600....but I do not have these devices, so I test work on my VPAD7.

Download url: on wellcommobile website

Other information about this rom:
Android Version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: PR3.7_128
Kernel: Apps_2.6.32.9
Build Number: 5004_3_540

Last edited:

Letitride

I would love to test the ROM, but that website is SO SLOW from Europe.

I believe that this is the link for the ROM:

http://www.wellcommobile.com/android1/A800ROM_2011_08_05.rar

If anyone would download it and upload it to www.multiupload.com or an equivelant site, that would be awesome :)

Just FYI - Post #35 in the link below has the A800ROM - hyperlinking should work - and the ROM
can be downloaded in 10 minutes or less, depending on your broadband connection - already uploaded via multiupload - I manage to do it myself

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224825&page=4

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo... (107.65 MB)&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13139842643901

FM6-3540-0-5004-A01.rar (107.65 MB) (untested, A800, not viewpad7 rom)

Good luck & if anyone managed to flash it to VPAD7, please share your results & feedback, etc.

Last edited:

Letitride

Looks like this is the firmware version for the models with HWver: 107
I'm not sure what this would do to a HWVer: 106

Hmmm, that' nice and then it should work on my ITE harware with HWver 107 and GOOD Question on whether this is backward compatible with earlier non-ITE ones. According to Amalgation's other posting, this A800 ROM supports ITE hardware - does HWVer 106 have ITE ?

DW's going to scream if I lose her Angry Bird scores by re-flashing this ROM & possibly lost rooting as it is a factory one ! I suppose I can flash it & get it rooted again, reinstall Titanium Backup & restore my Apps - will do it this weekend as I will need several hours time set aside.

I finally managed to download the file and yes, it is the FM6-3540-0-5004-A01 ROM.

I only have HWVer 103. How do you know which HWVer you're supposed to have?

Yes, the Wellcommobile linked site was so slow that it was impossible to download, try it on 2 fast broadband connection and both timed out & unable to save the file. Let's see if TAIZ can confirm & give us more details since it was tested on her/his VPAD7 ?? See my comment or thoughts above on Ver 103 ....

To get into Factory Test Mode (FTM): power off VPAD7, then hold the Vol. Down key and Power On (it's similar to getting into Recovery Mode) - it's safe and works for both unrooted/stock and rooted device - it will show the following: (mine are below)

SWVer=3.41
FM6-0001
HWVer=107

Postscript Update - this did NOT work on our HWVer 107-based ITE VPAD7
Grrrrr :< - DW's going to scream when she discovered while TB restored all the apps & most data, scores (data & settings) from Angry Birds didn't & it's basically at base level in tier 1, OMG (starting all over again .... oh, well - the price for progress, LOL)

please refer to post #46 in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224825&page=5 for details on Wellcom A800 - Froyo 2.2.2 PR 3.7_128 2.6.32.9 and Build 5004_3.540

I suppose that I could've try to flash mine to FM6-316R for earlier HWV releases or build, which would put the device into unrooted state (but non-functional since it doesn't support ITE) and then try to upgrade to this FM6-354 to see what happened. But, it could also brick the device or at least result in more time consuming work to try to reflash, get root again & restore - or worst, return to the factory for an exchange ....

For the time being, I'm going to reformat the 16G mSD card with extra partition and move apps to SD as internal ROM/storage space is definitely limited & running low - otherwise, I can live with the New Market & ADW Launcher replacing the stock one.

Last edited:

Amalgation

Aug 17, 2011
Den Helder
I've installed this firmware on my HWver: 106 viewpad 7.
Works without a problem, except only has English and oriental languages
Has some nice launcher mods and other things. Too bad it doesn't work on ITE hardware.

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Regarding angry bird I think u did not do a new bakup before flasing new rom
I did it using tb and always got back the last data just fyi

From my OlivePad via XDA Premium

Reactions: Letitride

Letitride

I thought I did used TB to do a full backup along with CWM, but .... since I'm still chasing 3 stars on all level, not a big deal - it managed to restore to earlier scores/data kept & at least not starting from zero all over again.

Since then, I've d/l an Backup/Restore Apps from Market to save AB and AB Seasons, much like what I'm doing for the HTC Eris for the Call Logs & SMSs when switching ROMs (especially when I'm thinking seriously of upgrading to a new(er) HTC next month - and our local phone carrier like to release OTA update & "fixes" that patch (really to "close" or terminate/end) our rooting & S-off exploits, etc. - LOL.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy nowadays running TJ_Style's FM6 rom with 2.2.2 and non-OC kernel since I got ITE hardware, and with VTL Laucher & multi-lingal GB keyboard installed - it's good all around.

Could use a faster speed (OC kernel) and a bit more internal memory/space, but .... Okay, the wait for a GingerBread continue !

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
I thought I did used TB to do a full backup along with CWM, but .... since I'm still chasing 3 stars on all level, not a big deal - it managed to restore to earlier scores/data kept & at least not starting from zero all over again.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy nowadays running TJ_Style's FM6 rom with 2.2.2 and non-OC kernel since I got ITE hardware, and with VTL Laucher & multi-lingal GB keyboard installed - it's good all around.

Could use a faster speed (OC kernel) and a bit more internal memory/space, but .... Okay, the wait for a GingerBread continue !

hi
this is what i do open the menu for backup and restore on TB
got to angry bird click on it and i do a back up of data and latter on on flashing a rom and go back to the same menu and restore the data and the apps
this works for me.The rest of the apps i dont realy backup as i have the apks and i just reinstall them but them i dont have too many apps on my Pad:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.