Security OTA update is here....

Search This thread

bgoedhart

Jul 5, 2011
Hillegom
I receive the update but the installation takes ages. Is this normal? No progressbar as well.

Is it normal to get a white triangle with an orange exclamation mark on the screen during this update?

Can someone please tell what is happening during the update?? Is the above good or not?

Last edited:

Sneiper

Jan 9, 2008
Does anyone know what this update does?

Can't find a changelog anywhere. Just installed on my device, manual search did the trick.

Is this update supposed to fix the power on/home button screenshot problem? Been having that problem ever since last update, and it's driving me insane.
Been deleting anything from 5-30 pictures in gallery daily. + Screen rarely even shuts down when clicking power off, mostly it just autoturns back on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: It does not fix any of the mentioned bugs. Just had both happen within the first 5 minutes of applying update. Think I need to RMA my phone >.<

Last edited:

lexorcist

Apr 28, 2010
Does anyone know what this update does?

Can't find a changelog anywhere. Just installed on my device, manual search did the trick.

Is this update supposed to fix the power on/home button screenshot problem? Been having that problem ever since last update, and it's driving me insane.
Been deleting anything from 5-30 pictures in gallery daily. + Screen rarely even shuts down when clicking power off, mostly it just autoturns back on.

It's a security update

TheStigx

Aug 3, 2011
Mine is still stuck. It is still checking if there is a update,and i can see at the icon that it isn't connecting :'(

Sneiper

Jan 9, 2008
Mine is still stuck. It is still checking if there is a update,and i can see at the icon that it isn't connecting :'(

Tried turning on and off 3G/2G data connection? Your phone might have lost contact with the data service from your provider.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I receive the update but the installation takes ages. Is this normal? No progressbar as well.

Is it normal to get a white triangle with an orange exclamation mark on the screen during this update?

Can someone please tell what is happening during the update?? Is the above good or not?

Pretty sure this is not normal. Seen that once on a Galaxy S II. Ended up returning it to a servicepoint.

bgoedhart

Jul 5, 2011
Hillegom
I have ClockWork Recovery on it, which seems to be the problem. I now put the stock recovery back on it and the update works fine.

shammanCZ

May 23, 2008
oh well, so we finally got a fix for a month old security hole ... goody gumdrops :D

Last edited:

TheStigx

Aug 3, 2011
I tried it, but my phone isn't showing up when i type adb devices :'(

EDIT: Now it says my phone is offline ,wut :p?

Last edited:

bgoedhart

Jul 5, 2011
Hillegom
did you execute this step succesfully?:

Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure USB Debugging is On by going on your phone to Settings -> Applications -> Development and Check USB Debugging).

rvlrommel

Feb 16, 2005
OTA update fails version 1.45.162.2

Hi,

I have a rooted HTC Dutch Vodafone Sensation. Today I’ve got the update 1.45.162.2. Any one else has the same problem? I don’t like to go back to the stock rom. Anyone knows a work around?

Thanks,

Ron

TrevE

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
Hi *damo*, I have uploaded it here.

Should we install it? I have just S-OFF & ROOTed the device and hope there is not any trcik in the update, like collecting the info of illegally (according to the manufacturer) S-OFF & ROOTed devices. :confused:

Thanks for uploading it for us (its TrevE from synergy that found the original exploit)

I do see they are deleting stuff:
Code:
delete_recursive("/data/data/com.htc.loggers/",
                 "/sdcard/htclog/");
       "/system/app/QXDM2SD.apk", "/system/app/QXDM2SD.odex",
       "/system/bin/androidvncserver", "/system/bin/usbnet",
       "/system/lib/libhtcqxdm2sd.so",
But i dont see a .p file or a removal for HtcLoggers.apk. Does anyone have the update applied to a phone with busybox? If so if you can paste me in PM the following info itd be appreciated:

adb shell busybox ps
adb shell busybox netstat -alp
adb shell ls -l /system/app/Htc*
adb shell ls -l -R /data/data/com.htc.loggers/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts