Best Camera App for OB. [Share your Camera Apps with demo photo]

Search This thread

mbting

Mar 23, 2011
One feature I love about stock camera is the manual focus. That's one feature I always wanted on a smartphone camera.
I miss that on other apps, especially on non-stock roms. any suggestions?
and the video auto focus too

Last edited:

mullarameez

Nov 5, 2011
Pune
One feature I love about stock camera is the manual focus. That's one feature I always wanted on a smartphone camera.
I miss that on other apps, especially on non-stock roms. any suggestions?
and the video auto focus too

In camerapro app you will get all this with even more easy way to focus just slide your finger.. in video also it has options like single focus continuous focus in stock you get only continuous focus in video recording.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mbting

mbting

Mar 23, 2011
In camerapro app you will get all this with even more easy way to focus just slide your finger.. in video also it has options like single focus continuous focus in stock you get only continuous focus in video recording.

tried it on zeus 6 and.....
it was pretty good. video auto focus actually worked but audio started recording around 3 minutes into the video, strange :confused: and the sound was kinda like distorted.
and the image manual focus was not what i wanted but nice.

and the app keeps of FC on [GB]MIUI 2.1a rom... probably rom problem

adddiiikk

Apr 10, 2012
i noticed my screen is darker when using 3rd party camera apps as compared to the stock camera. is that normal?

xdacuc

Jun 13, 2012
I am also using zeus rom and I was searching for a replacement camera app. I guess the only reason was to get full res shots, otherwise the stock app has almost everything.

Tried camerapro but I don't get along with the focusing style, I want to get quick shots, not to have to touch the screen twice (1 to focus, 1 to shoot). Also it doesn't have the panorama mode, which is present in the stock app and it's really cool. However, there is no time lapse in the stock app, which would be nice.

Basically, is there a replacement camera app which ticks all the check-boxes, is fast and reliable, shoots full res, etc?

Edit: I forgot to ask, is there a way to change the settings in the stock camera app so that it remembers what you modified? Like I want the flash to be disabled by default, and only enable it when I need it. It always goes back to auto :(

Last edited:

wogz143

May 29, 2012
Cebu City
i used most of the camera apps and always come back to the stock app.
because i find the options useful and also the quality better. (except for HDR pics. i use HDR+).
u *can* increase the quality of the stock camera at your will.
take build.prop and add:
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

take media.xml (/system/etc) and change the values to get the desired result.

take a look at some of my pics. they are "Stock" camera pics.

WOW!... I love the quality. so I will just edit the "media.xml" ? And where can I find the "build.prop" I really like to have that kind of quality... Sorry, i'm a noob at exploring the system files...

Last edited:

furb3t

Mar 24, 2008
I'm using Fast Burst Camera because it's capable of taking 30 photos per second, and now i'm able to have a good focus to photos to my child :)

donjamal

because i find the options useful and also the quality better. (except for HDR pics. i use HDR+).
take build.prop and add:

Hi.

What should i change in media.xml? (media_profiles.xml)

ejcleunamme

Nov 27, 2008
Marikina
I mostly use the Stock Camera app because it has a lot of options and I love the autofocus options but I found another nice camera app in the market It's called "Little Photo", it's free and it has a lot of Effects options and its easy to use. I use it whenever I wanna edit photos and add efects to them. I suggest you guys try it.

freevlee

Dec 13, 2007
Little help needed

take build.prop and add:

Can you please elaborate a little on where is build prop located? And do I change values in both build.prop and media.xml?
Many Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    take build.prop and add:

And what about post editing? I use picsay pro, but if u know more complete app I'm interested in alternatives.
    Here an example of hdrcamera+ and picsaypro combo ;)

Inviato dal mio LG-P970 usando Tapatalk
    you checked hdr camera plus?

my P970:

C360_2012-04-20-19-09-51.jpg
    WOW!... I love the quality. so I will just edit the "media.xml" ? And where can I find the "build.prop" I really like to have that kind of quality... Sorry, i'm a noob at exploring the system files...

/system/build.prop
    For me the best camera app is an icon shortcut that takes me immediately to 720p videorecording. Anyone?