2 separate issues Mail and TWRP

Search This thread

TH3 ST1G

May 31, 2013
Manassas, VA
1st issue is with TWRP. When I was in the process of flashing twrp everything worked fine but, the battery was pretty weak so I powered the phone all the way down and plugged it into the charger. When the screen popped up with the battery charge, twrp splash screen was displaying behind the battery without telling the phone to boot into recovery.
The disclaimer from twrp is also displaying on manual reboots. (will post pictures when I get home)

2nd unrelated is with the HTC mail app. I 2 Gmail accounts linked (hate Gmail app), one Microsoft Exchange and 1 yahoo account. The Gmail accounts work fine and so does the Microsoft account. The yahoo account is showing me my junk/spam folder instead of the inbox. I've seen other problems similar after Google search but, they were with Microsoft and they were ALSO getting notified of spam box as well as inbox new mail. For me, my inbox items aren't displayed at all.

I'm running Cleanrom 1.1...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

sfobrien

Apr 10, 2011
Indiana
1st issue is with TWRP. When I was in the process of flashing twrp everything worked fine but, the battery was pretty weak so I powered the phone all the way down and plugged it into the charger. When the screen popped up with the battery charge, twrp splash screen was displaying behind the battery without telling the phone to boot into recovery.
The disclaimer from twrp is also displaying on manual reboots. (will post pictures when I get home)

2nd unrelated is with the HTC mail app. I 2 Gmail accounts linked (hate Gmail app), one Microsoft Exchange and 1 yahoo account. The Gmail accounts work fine and so does the Microsoft account. The yahoo account is showing me my junk/spam folder instead of the inbox. I've seen other problems similar after Google search but, they were with Microsoft and they were ALSO getting notified of spam box as well as inbox new mail. For me, my inbox items aren't displayed at all.

The TWRP splash screen dispaying when charging the unit when powered down is a possible TWRP bug don't worry about it. As far as your mail goes I don't use anything but Gmail can't help you there, sorry.

Reactions: TH3 ST1G

TH3 ST1G

May 31, 2013
Manassas, VA
The TWRP splash screen dispaying when charging the unit when powered down is a possible TWRP bug don't worry about it. As far as your mail goes I don't use anything but Gmail can't help you there, sorry.
Yeah, that was the only issue with twrp, was able to flash with no problems so, for now just cosmetic.

This mail app thing is more bothersome.

Let me ask u this about Gmail app... Did they give us the option to turn off "threaded view"? That was my biggest problem with it.

sfobrien

Apr 10, 2011
Indiana
Yeah, that was the only issue with twrp, was able to flash with no problems so, for now just cosmetic.

Let me ask u this about Gmail app... Did they give us the option to turn off "threaded view"? That was my biggest problem with it.

If you are referring to the conversation list I don't think so.

gonzo237

May 16, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S21

I had the same problem with mine, yahoo has their own mail app on the play store. It filters all the junk out like yahoo mail should.

TH3 ST1G

May 31, 2013
Manassas, VA
Just in case the issue with the mail app is had by another, I found a solution here http://m.digitaltrends.com/mobile/htc-one-m8-problems/#!0rUpI.

yvu9a4aj.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you are referring to the conversation list I don't think so.

I had the same problem with mine, yahoo has their own mail app on the play store. It filters all the junk out like yahoo mail should.