Saving your theme

Search This thread

Shaftamle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Maybe this is obvious, but....

Obviously it depends on what your trying to save. What works for me is using your launcher (I rock Apex) to save your your desktop data. So when you flash something new, you can just hit restore and all the icons (placement and actual icon itself) go back to the way you left them. If you want to save multiple layouts, after you back up 1 theme, go to the internal storage->android->apex launcher and there you will see your backup labeled apex_data.bak. cut and paste elsewhere and now you can backup another theme. If you want to go back to an earlier theme that you backed up before, copy the .bak file back to the apex folder and your good to go.

As far as framework mods go, if you use TW roms, this page is an absolute MUST. All credit to WasabiWa83: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929403

alexyaz

Jan 9, 2011
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Here, do some reading up on zip themer and metamorph. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=888171. I would get a little know how on decompiling and recompiling system ui's. And get to know 7zip on your Mac. I believe zip themer and metamorph have programs available in the play store. Good luck.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY
So I downloaded zip themer from the play store but when I opened the app nothing happens i just get a black screen? After clicking the screen a couple of times the app just crashes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to show you guys what the finished them looks like here is a couple of screenies. Again this is not my theme I just compiled moto Alexander and kinda crap

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

all system ui's are different from rom to rom and from different updates. that's why you see so many changelogs in roms and themes and mods. framework is different thru each as well. there is no easy solution except to try swapping out system ui and framework res from the update to what you use now. there is no telling if it will work. that's why devs go thru so much testing before releasing a finished product.
    I have been on Galaxy mod since rls 11 and been flashing the same 3 files. I am just looking for a way to skip flashing all of this after flashing a rom. If it can't be done then it cant be done just looking to save some time after flashing a rom lol

check the link i posted on empty flashable templates, you may find your answer in there. i know of no easy way to combine different themes and mods you've flashed to carry over into 1 easy step. you may find a way to flash the systemui and framework res only which holds all those features in that thread. i have no idea if it will work or not though... usually changes like that have to be done in individual steps.
    check the link i posted on empty flashable templates, you may find your answer in there. i know of no easy way to combine different themes and mods you've flashed to carry over into 1 easy step. you may find a way to flash the systemui and framework res only which holds all those features in that thread. i have no idea if it will work or not though... usually changes like that have to be done in individual steps.

Thanks for all of your help j kross originally i thought this was just going to be a dead thread but it turned out to be very insightful.
    Here, do some reading up on zip themer and metamorph. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=888171. I would get a little know how on decompiling and recompiling system ui's. And get to know 7zip on your Mac. I believe zip themer and metamorph have programs available in the play store. Good luck.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY