[HOW TO GUIDE] How To Unbrick AT&T I747 and I747M After 4.3 OTA

Did This Work For You?

• Yes (I used a 16GB micro SD card)

Votes: 100 45.0%
  • No (I used a 16GB micro SD card)

Votes: 50 22.5%
  • Yes (I used a 32GB or 64GB micro SD card)

Votes: 51 23.0%
  • No (I used a 32GB or 64GB micro SD card)

Votes: 21 9.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I used the debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img on my hard bricked (no signs of life except for red charging light when plugged into charger) At&T i747 that had the ota 4.3 update and was able to get into download mode ! from there I flashed TWRP through Odin and from there I flashed the I747UCUEMJ2 rom and it booted right up and was happy ! but then I went back into TWRP and decided to flash boot_CWM_I747MVLUEMK5 and when it was done flashing it said succeeded so I hit reboot then after that my phone was dead again and the sdcard debrick imgae no longer works..........any ideas?

-Mr.X- did the same thing but the other way around he flashed an AT&T bootloader over his I747M and would up with a phone that needs to be Jtag'ed

Btw since this method worked the first time you used it what size SD card did you use?

as another update. flashing a I747U bootloader over a I747M device. Is an UBER BRICK By Uber i mean, recovering with my previously posted debrick method does not work. So far. I NEED I747U users to dump me a 4.1.2 bootloader debrick file and a 4.3 debrick file. it may be possible to debrick using these files. thus we will be able to recover from all forms of bricking we have seen so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I just got a pm from someone who successfully used this method outlined in this thread, he stated he used a 16GB class 4 SD card and had no issues, this was on an AT&T phone. He did however use his own debrick IMG from someone else's phone.

iMackshun

Nov 30, 2013
My success! :p

I used the AT&T i747. I used a debrick.img from my stepbro's s3 that ran the OTA 4.3 update. I used a standard class 4 Sandisk 16 GB MicroSD card. After using diskimage, I was able to boot into recovery, download mode, and even Slim Bean 4.3(Stock Rom was stuck at boot logo, or I was being impatient.) After that, I reinstalled TWRP(For some reason, it was overwritten with the stock recovery) Then I flashed in the order you mentioned, wiping cache and dalvik in between the flashes and I was able to boot up without the sd card inserted. All has been working normally ever since.(At first, I pulled the battery because I thought it was stuck at the At&t boot logo, but after, I realized the first boot just takes some time.)

P.S. I flashed the zips from the internal sdcard because I had access to SlimBean. It booted up normally once I had flashed slim bean(as long as I had the debrick sd card inserted.)

PM me if you want a link to the debrick I used. I use an AT&T I747 Galaxy S3

BaSingSe

Oct 11, 2013
How did you (what command) extract the debrick.img file? Is his 4.3 phone rooted? Also, how did you built the SD card? Thx.

I used the AT&T i747. I used a debrick.img from my stepbro's s3 that ran the OTA 4.3 update. I used a standard class 4 Sandisk 16 GB MicroSD card. After using diskimage, I was able to boot into recovery, download mode, and even Slim Bean 4.3(Stock Rom was stuck at boot logo, or I was being impatient.) After that, I reinstalled TWRP(For some reason, it was overwritten with the stock recovery) Then I flashed in the order you mentioned, wiping cache and dalvik in between the flashes and I was able to boot up without the sd card inserted. All has been working normally ever since.(At first, I pulled the battery because I thought it was stuck at the At&t boot logo, but after, I realized the first boot just takes some time.)

P.S. I flashed the zips from the internal sdcard because I had access to SlimBean. It booted up normally once I had flashed slim bean(as long as I had the debrick sd card inserted.)

PM me if you want a link to the debrick I used. I use an AT&T I747 Galaxy S3

iMackshun

Nov 30, 2013
The Command and Method used

How did you (what command) extract the debrick.img file? Is his 4.3 phone rooted? Also, how did you built the SD card? Thx.

Here are the Steps I used to get the debrick.img from his phone.

1. I rooted his phone using the CFAutoRoot method. It worked perfectly, although Knox and security did cause some issues. After updating SuperSU, it gave me options to disable KNOX, which disabled the annoying blocking of apps(I believe it did).
2.I installed busybox from the Play Store. I also installed Android Terminal Emulator from the Play Store.
3. I opened Android Terminal Emulator and entered these two lines, entering between them After entering the first, I granted root access, then ran the second line.

su
busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1M count=128

4. After those two lines were ran, the debrick.img file was on the root of either the external or internal sdcard. I copied that file to my desktop, and inserted my sd card into my computer(Using the MicroSD to SD Adapter).
5.Finally, I used Win32DiskImager to write the files to the Micro SDcard. After that, I pulled my battery and inserted the Micro SDCard into my phone and it was able to boot into recovery and download mode.

Reactions: adrianhall06

ttreakle1

Dec 14, 2010
Lincoln
-Mr.X- did the same thing but the other way around he flashed an AT&T bootloader over his I747M and would up with a phone that needs to be Jtag'ed

Btw since this method worked the first time you used it what size SD card did you use?

I used a class 10 sandisk 16 gb sd card from radio shack for 10 bucks

Reactions: theramsey3

BaSingSe

Oct 11, 2013
I think it starts to make some sense now.

There are different kinds of hard bricks. In this I747 4.3 case, when you try to flash back to older ROM, the 4.3 bootloader is still intact (since it is locked), but the system was over-written. So when you try to boot the phone, the phone tries to boot off the 4.3 bootloader, but can't start since the system is older ROM. So you'll have to build the 4.3 SD card to provide the 4.3 system.

But if the original ROM is older with an unlockable bootloader (say 4.1.2), then wen you flash with 4.1.1, everything (including bootloader) is over-written with the new ROM.

If the bootloader is re-written with a wrong ROM from a different phone, then the phone may not boot at all, since the bootloader is not compatible with the phone. And the phone has to boot off the bootloader, not directly through SD card.

If some of the developers can shed some light, that would be great. We need some people who really understand how the Android system works here.

Reactions: lemonboi5

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
Well at the advice of samsung chat support who insisted that I could... I hooked my AT&T SGH-I747 to my pc and opened kies3, selected tools, firmware upgrade/initilazation followed the prompts waited for the file to download and BRICK my phone again.

This one was new though, the debrick file didn't help at all at first, it had the phone stuck in forced download mode where my phone said Firmware upgrade encountered an issue... blah blah blah.

thought ok just odin a file on it so I can use the debrick file, well everything I was trying with odin failed... until I found a bootloader.tar for AT&T That successfully hardbricked it for me (at this point it was desireable for me to have a hard brick)

so then I was able to use the debrick file and flash all of my goodies to recover the phone yet again. Thank you -Mr. X- for making me aware of this, although I really need to stop playing around before I have to get my phone Jtag'ed...

Good luck everyone.

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Damn man that sucks. I don't want to go through that again lol. Where did you find that file?

I also been seeing roms for 4.4 and I'm guessing can't flash those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
Damn man that sucks. I don't want to go through that again lol. Where did you find that file?

I also been seeing roms for 4.4 and I'm guessing can't flash those

I dont remember? its been a really long night been up for 36 hours gonna catch some sleep. Will update when I find the file again.

Reactions: CYRAXDroid

BaSingSe

Oct 11, 2013
If you phone is stuck at download mode and you can write another bootloader, then it is not hard bricked....

Well at the advice of samsung chat support who insisted that I could... I hooked my AT&T SGH-I747 to my pc and opened kies3, selected tools, firmware upgrade/initilazation followed the prompts waited for the file to download and BRICK my phone again.

This one was new though, the debrick file didn't help at all at first, it had the phone stuck in forced download mode where my phone said Firmware upgrade encountered an issue... blah blah blah.

thought ok just odin a file on it so I can use the debrick file, well everything I was trying with odin failed... until I found a bootloader.tar for AT&T That successfully hardbricked it for me (at this point it was desireable for me to have a hard brick)

so then I was able to use the debrick file and flash all of my goodies to recover the phone yet again. Thank you -Mr. X- for making me aware of this, although I really need to stop playing around before I have to get my phone Jtag'ed...

Good luck everyone.

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
If you phone is stuck at download mode and you can write another bootloader, then it is not hard bricked....

Well whatever happened still sucks to go and do all that to fix the phone.

And damn man 36 hrs get some sleep.

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
It was stuck in Odin mode after trying to use kies to *initialize* the phone

Then I flashed a boot loader for 4.1.1 which hard bricked my phone because why?

Oh yeah...
It gets hard bricked when you flash an older boot loader on it (this time on purpose)

I did this because I couldn't get anything else to work. No other files would flash... Any file flash attempt resulted in "sw rev check fail fused 2 binary 0" being displayed in red letters on the phones screen.

I don't know why you insist on attempting insult my knowledge. This is the second or third time. This is not acceptable please stop.

Last edited:

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Theramsey3 dude get some sleep. You know what your doing man.

BaSingSe

Oct 11, 2013
I have no intention to insult anyone. And I thank you for your help.

Here I just want to make sure what we are doing and what we are talking about. There is a clear distinction between soft and hard bricked phones.

If the bootloader is intact and the phone can get into download mode, then clearly the phone is not dead and this is a soft bricked phone.

If the bootloader is intact, but the system is wrong, then the phone is between soft and hard bricked. In this thread, the 4.3 bootloader is locked, so no one can erase the 4.3 bootloader. So the phone still tries to boot off the stock 4.3 bootloader. SD can come to the rescue.

If the bootloader is over-written with a incompatible bootloader, say you flash a GT-I9300 bootloader/ROM over the 4.1.2, then the phone is hard bricked since the phone can't boot off the wrong bootloader. SD trick would not work.

It was stuck in Odin mode after trying to use kies to *initialize* the phone

Then I flashed a boot loader for 4.1.1 which hard bricked my phone because why?

Oh yeah...
It gets hard bricked when you flash an older boot loader on it (this time on purpose)

I did this because I couldn't get anything else to work. No other files would flash... Any file flash attempt resulted in "sw rev check fail fused 2 binary 0" being displayed in red letters on the phones screen.

I don't know why you insist on attempting insult my knowledge. This is the second or third time. This is not acceptable please stop.

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
SD card trick worked for me

Dovjudah

Dec 3, 2013
I've seen a lot of posts about bricking after updating to 4.3.
I just updated my I747m using JSS15J.I747MVLUEMK5 stock firmware. I now want to install a custom Rom. Can I only flash 4.3 based roms now? If I flash let's say a 4.1.2 based Rom will it boot? I just want to know which ROMs I can flash without bricking my phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I've seen a lot of posts about bricking after updating to 4.3.
I just updated my I747m using JSS15J.I747MVLUEMK5 stock firmware. I now want to install a custom Rom. Can I only flash 4.3 based roms now? If I flash let's say a 4.1.2 based Rom will it boot? I just want to know which ROMs I can flash without bricking my phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

If you flash anything custom after the 4.3 update your warranty will be void and no amount of flashing triangle away will ever hide from Samsung, your carrier or people who know where to look that your phone was at one point modified. Also (according to Samsung's website) if you need to have Knox on your phone for employment purposes it will not function correctly after you void the warranty by flashing anything custom.

After you have the custom recovery of your choice, you may flash between Roms like my daughter changes her clothes if you want. 2) things though, 1) not all roms provide support for our phones being on the MJB bootloaders so some roms will boot loop (soft brick) you simply at that point need to flash a different rom and 2) above all else DO NOT FLASH AN OLDER BOOTLOADER once you have been on 4.3 flashing an older boot loader will result in a hard brick that you might be able to recover from. But if you flash one for the wrong model of phone (Ie at&t bootloader flashed on a rogers phone) you will need to get the phone Jtag'ed.

Be sure before you flash anything that it does not contain a bootloader. If you're unsure ask in the thread where you find the rom and wait patiently for an answer before you do anything with that rom.

Last edited:

DarKnight6969

Nov 14, 2010
Huawei MediaPad T5
This is great! I thought I would've had to send my S3 for jtagging, but as soon as I setup my 32g card, plugged it into my phone and 3-button combo'd, it came back to life!! Very well done, and thank you very much for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thus far this method will not work for any of your 4.4.2 ota bricks if you flashed the 4.4.2 modem on the mjb bootloader, the only way to fix those bricks is with a new emmc, motherboard or a new phone. Jtag won't save you this time the phone is now a glorious paperweight.

On 4.3 it will not work if you flashed a bootloader for the wrong model(E.G. AT&T I747 bootloader on a Bell I747M)

Read ALL of the first 2 posts,there is useful information and files in post 2.

This works for BOTH AT&T I747 and the I747M The files are located at the bottom of this post in the quote there are also more instructions and files/tools to download in the 2nd post of this thread.

First and foremost I take no credit for any of the work here, other people did most of the leg work. This is a DIRECT copy of -Mr.X-'s post from here namely page 17 that is being used with his permission, I have added to it after having to actually Unbrick my phone lastnight.

Thank you to all who contributed to the things that made this thread possible. -Mr.X-, Loserskater, upndwn4par, enewman17 and all who may have contributed to their work.

So what you have done is hard bricked your I747 AT&T or your I747M by whatever means. Most likely flashing something with a bootloader. Your phone won't do anything at all. You can't get to download mode or recovery mode. Perhaps this method will fix your phone? Give it a try what else do you have to loose? You might save some money on a Jtag?

I take no responsibility for anything that comes of you using this information.

IF YOU BRICKED YOUR PHONE BY FLASHING A DIFFERENT MODELS BOOTLOADER ON IT THIS METHOD WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU. ] YOU WILL NEED A JTAG.(THAT ALSO INCLUDES WHILE TRYING TO UNBRICK USING THIS METHOD.)

Be sure to get all the way to the bottom of the first 2 posts and PLEASE read everything before doing anything.

The Debrick Files are all the way at the bottom in the qoute below by -Mr. X- The Links Are Active.
    Be sure to read the second post too. If you need clarification on anything please send me a PM

Here Is The Information You Came Here For HOW TO DEBRICK - Mr. X-'s post from This Is The Thread That The Below Quote Is From

Click below for the quote from where I got most of my information, do not just start doing things after you read the below quote, read the second post too.

How to UNBRICK:

Credit goes to these guys in this thread, I thought i was onto something origional, however after doign some searching i found others have figured this out for a different Variant of the S3 :)

What you did:
    Bricked downgrading the bootloader after upgrading to the 4.3 bootloader. The 4.3 bootloader appears to blow efuses that stop previous boot loaders from booting. Now your EMMC has non booting garbage on/in it. YAY! not...

What we are doing:
    What we will be doing is writing the Partition layout (Partition.mbn) among other things to the SD so the phone will boot from it after it fails to boot from the EMMC. According to my research the CPU is designed to cascaded from one storage device to the other in the event of failure on the first device. This also means if your EMMC is smoked, you could technically run the whole rom and everything from the sd card, or that's my assumption.

What you need:

- A Micro SD card 16GB or larger. this will no work on smaller cards, i tried a 2GB 4 GB and 8GB for the sake of testing and it fails.

- A working Dump that includes the SBL1, SBL2, SBL3, aboot, TZ and RPM from a working device that matches your DEVICE MODLE ie: I747U or I747M If you wanto t create your own dump from a friends device the command in a rooted adb shell would be as follows but not exact depending where you want the dump file to end up being on your sd cards. "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/storage/sdcard1/debrick.bin bs=1024 count=81920" That is what I used my my co-workers CM 10.2 rom to get the 4.3 bootloader/debrick dump. NOTE: the device has to be rooted with a working busybox that supports the dd command.

- The ability to write the dump image to the micro sdcard.

What to do:

First:
    I used "Win32DiskImage" Located here But you can also use dd to write the image to your sd card in Linux.

On Windows:
    Open Win32DiskImage. Brows to the Debrick dump you have for your device. Select the drive letter if your micro sd in the drop-down, click write. Bam done.

On Linux:
    For ease of example, and method. Open Gparted on your Linux install or live cd, check the dev your sd card is in the drop down menu. For example mine was /dev/sdb/ then use "dd if=/path/to/debrick/dump.img of=/dev/sdb/" This method also works. Be careful you are selecting the right dev or you will overwrite another disk on your system. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Second:
    Put that SD card in your device insert the battery and if the SD card is written correctly with a proper debrick file. You can put a jig in the device and it will boot straight to download mode. If you dont have a jig hold Vol Down + Home + Power the device will boot to download. If it does not, either the image didn't write to the card properly ( I had to write it a few times with Win32DiskImager, DD worked fine the first try), the debrick dump is no good. Or your trying to debrink your 4.3 bootloader downgrade brick with a dump from 4.1.2 compatible bootloaders. this will not work the blown efuse will still prevent the bootloader from booting from the SD card as well as the EMMC. You will know pretty fast if it worked, as the device will vibe with the jig or it will vibe with the button combo almost immediately after being pressed and held.

Third:
    Odin that thing back to the 4.3 stock rom. Yes you have to. You ain't getting 4.1.2 bootloaders back so dont think about odining that thing either. it wont boot, with out the SD with the 4.3 bootloader on it installed. Odining back is the best thing to do, it will get the right boot loader on your EMMC. If you are feeling adventurous and you had a custom recovery installed. You can boot to recover instead of download from the debricking SD boot, and install a 4.3 flashable zip bootloader there, if all goes well, you wont lose your data and the bootloader will be functional on the EMMC. Either method you choose after its done "flashing" what ever method. remove the sd and verify it boots on its own.
    Note: a user stated that he flashed a bootloader via recovery and flashable zip, and he stated it appeared to flash the bootloadeerr to the micro sd. if this happens, ODIN back to the proper rom to get the internal EMMC rebuilt and booting.

If it does, do a dance or something.

Here is a flashable Bootloader for the i747M 4.3

Here is a debrick Dump from a I747M from the UEMK5 4.3 that works

Broken link I will update IF/AFTER it is fixed is an untested debrick dump for I747M from the DMF1 4.1.2 (WOuld be used to debrick a device that was bricked before or that has not updated to 4.3 bootloader only)

This one is for AT&T phones.
    Here is a debrick file from the I747U on 4.3 thanks to theramsey3 I cannot test it obviously but it looks good in a hex editor. Should work for any one who has bricked the I747U by downgrading the boot loader.
    The 16GB SD card is going to get formatted and partitioned if you have valuable data on it do a back up of it... You have been warned.MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT FILES FOR YOUR PHONE FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR PHONE NEEDING TO BE JTAG'ED

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED REPEATEDLY DO NOT FLASH THE WRONG BOOTLOADERS

Requirements(carrier specific)

For The AT&T SGH-I747

you will need two micro SD cards one 16GB (I read in a similar thread that the SD card must be 16GB no smaller and no larger if you get one bigger to work please let me know) and one 1GB or larger. You will need Odin v3.09(what I used), Samsung kies3 (you need the USB drivers it installs, a working custom recovery either CWM or TWRP(I prefer TWRP) and some patients.

For The SGH-I747M

you will need a 16GB micro SD card to put the debrick files on, Odin v3.09, Samsung kies3, the correct firmware TAR file for your phone and some patients.
    If you need some of the things mentioned in the requirements please click under "Tools You May Need And File Downloads For AT&T and the SGH-I747M" .

You Need to Identify Your Phone Model Correctly and download the appropriate debrick file From the quote by -Mr. X- in the post above to place on your 16GB Micro SD Card with the Win32DiskImager (available for download below).

How to put the Debrick file on your SD card
    Flash this Debrick file to your 16GB Micro SD card with Win32DiskImager (available below) by
    *Insert your Micro SD card into your computer (backup any information you may have on it we are going to ERASE, FORMAT and PARTITION it.)
    *Open win32DiskImager
    *Navigate to the location where you downloaded the correct Debrick file
    *Select your Debrick file by double clicking on it
    *In the upper right corner of Win32DiskImager you should make sure that the drive letter assigned to your sd card is selected.
    ***Which ever drive that is listed will be erased, formatted, partitioned and have a small amount of data written to it***
    *Click write in the bottom right hand side

You now have your debrick card

For the SGH-I747M
    You need to put the Debrick SD card in the Phone, Pull and Replace the Battery, Put the Phone in download mode and flash your carrier specific 4.3 firmware (instructions and downloads Below) Via ODIN. Reboot the phone allow it to boot up, get in the phone, reboot without the debrick sd card in it, if it won't boot on its own see the link below.

If you are on AT&T
    You will need to copy all of the files you are going to flash (you can download them below) onto your 1GB or larger SD card. You then Need Put your Debrick SD card in the Phone, Remove and reinstall the battery,Put the Phone in Recovery Mode (Must Be Either TWRP or CWM Instructions and TWRP Download Below), Dismount the Debrick SD card, Insert your SD card with your Bootloaders, ROM, kernel, and Modem into the Phone, Mount the SD card, Flash your files one at a time, wipe the cache and dalvik between each file, Once you are done reboot the system, You Might have to put the debrick SD back in and do another battery pull, boot up the phone, after you get in the phone reboot it without the Debrick SD card in. If it will not Boot on its own see the link below.

AFTER YOU FLASH IT MAY APPEAR THAT THE PHONE FREEZES ON THE BOOT SCREEN BE PATIENT 4.3 TAKES A LONG TIME TO BOOT THE FIRST TIME A ROM IS INSTALLED.

Tools You May Need And File Downloads For AT&T and the SGH-I747M

Here is a flashable Bootloader for the i747M 4.3

Here is a debrick Dump from a I747M from the UEMK5 4.3 that works

Broken link I will update IF/AFTER it is fixed is an untested debrick dump for I747M from the DMF1 4.1.2 (WOuld be used to debrick a device that was bricked before or that has not updated to 4.3 bootloader only)

Here is a debrick file from the I747U on 4.3 thanks to theramsey3 I cannot test it obviously but it looks good in a hex editor. Should work for any one who has bricked the I747U by downgrading the boot loader.

Debrick file mirrors use only if the links ^^^above don't work please.

AT&T debrick file Use this ONLY if you are on AT&T and after you have been on the 4.3 bootloaders

SGH - I747M debrick fileUse this ONLY if you have an SGH-I747M that was on the 4.3 bootloaders.
    Win32 Disk Imager (used to write the debrick file to the sd)
    Samsunk Kies

Go Here For Odin Pick Whichever One You Want To Use I Used 3.09

Do Not worry about downloading or installing root or KnoxRemover or SuperSU from the thread below yet focus on the task at hand you need to get your phone booting first then concern yourself with other goodies. You need TWRP and possibly ODIN if you want to take it from there. There are instructions in that thread on the installation of TWRP Skip the rest for now.
    Go Here For TWRP Custom Recovery There Is Also A Link To ODIN There

Partition Wizard Free (There is a link with instructions below)
    With AT&T you will have to download 4.3 bootloaders, a 4.3 rom, a 4.3 kernel and a 4.3 modem. I will post links to Threads where I retreived mine at and possibly a mirror download link with appropriate permissions.

AT&T info and link to roms, bootloader, kernel and modem I used to recover. Click below.

I got everything I flashed from here

Lately I have been running Looserskaters S3Rx, it is very stable and very functional Here is a link to it, I highly recommend it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252932 I am not going to intentionally brick my phone again to test if you can flash this directly from a hardbrick so if anyone is successful or unsuccessful please let me know so I can update this thread.

Use this bootloader for the AT&T i747 ONLY https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbyeorrxapwrots/d2att_I747UCUEMJB_bootloader.zip the one in the tread where I got mine hasn't been working so use this bootloader it is the same one just hosted by a different person.

DO not use these files if you are not on AT&T you will simply be wasting your time by bricking your phone again. AND requiring a Jtag.

For the kernel I flashed the one in the middle d2att_Kernel_Stock_init.d_4.3_MJB_v1.0.zip which belongs to upndwn4par. I used loserskater's rom, bootloader and modem everything I used was linked in that thread. With proper permissions I would like to mirror those links as I know they work well.

This will have you rooted from jump Street. You might have to download supersu from the play store. I didn't have to. But YMMV.

Firmware downloadsFOR SGH-I747M USERS ONLY make sure you download the correct file. These are the TAR files that the I747M users can flash via the PDA button in ODIN
    By clicking the button below to reveal links you acknowledge you are going to download the correct file.

If You Need Instructions For Download Mode, Recovery Mode or How to Flash TWRP Click Below
    If You Need To Install TWRP Click Below For Instructions

If you don't already have a custom recovery installed on the phone.
    * You will need to write your debrick file to your 16GB SD card and insert it into the phone,
    * Perform a battery pull
    *Reinsert the battery
    *Access download mode
    *Flash the TWRP file with ODIN
    ***Click Below For Instructions***

*First to access download mode (you should already have your Debrick SD card in your phone.)
    *hold vol down, the home button and the power button for 4 seconds.
    *The phone should vibrate.
    *Release the power button followed by the remaining two.
    *You may or may not have to have the USB cable plugged into your computer to do this? If it wont work with the cable plugged in unplug it and vise versa.
    *When the warning screen pops up you need to press the correct button to continue.

***Follow the remaining Instructions EXACTLY***
    *Now (if you havent done so yet) open ODIN on your pc (Kies MUST BE CLOSED)
    *Click the PDA button, (In ODIN 3.09 it says AP)
    *Navigate to where you downloaded the TWRP file,
    *Select that file, Double Click To Select
    ### MAKE SURE that you do NOT have anything besides auto reboot checked ###
    *** Once you are sure you have followed the direction ***EXACTLY*** click below to reveal the rest
    Now That you are 100% Certain you have nothing more than auto reboot checked,
    go to the bottom and click start.
    it should write some files and say PASS and all threads finished (1 succeeded/ 0 failed).

you now have TWRP installed you can follow the rest of the guide.
    If You Need Instructions To Access Download Mode Click Below.
    *First to access download mode (you should already have your Debrick SD card in your phone and your battery removed.)
    *Reinsert the battery
    *Hold vol down, the home button and the power button for 4 seconds.
    *You may or may not have to have the USB cable plugged into your computer to do this? If it wont work with the cable plugged in unplug it and vise versa.
    *When the warning screen pops up you need to press the correct button to continue.

If You Need Instructions To Access Recovery Mode Click Below
    *First to access recovery mode (you should already have your Debrick SD card in your phone and the battery out.)
    *Reinsert the battery
    *Hold vol up, the home button and the power button for 4 seconds.

Your phone won't boot without the debrick SD card? Click below.

If you are on AT&T
    When I first got mine booting again it would only boot with the micro SD card that has the .IMG file on it in the phone and only after a battery pull. What I did was boot back to recovery, remove my SD card and I had a spare SD card I used to flash the files with, I inserted it told TWRP to mount the new SD card, flashed the bootloader again and it seems to have cured my phones malfunctions. It now boots on its own like nothing ever happened. It may not happen like this for you???]

For the SGH-I747M
    You have Two choices either flash the bootloader only via the 2 sd card method outlined for AT&T which requires flashing Custom recovery and VOIDING YOUR WARRANTYor you can reflash with odin and possibly try a factory reset in the samsung stock 3e recovery.

If your phone is booting now don't play with the bootloaders any more.

Make a nandroid backup of your phone if you are going to follow the instructions below.

You assume all risk associated with such...

Do you want to be able to use wifi, bluetooth or USB tethering? Click below. But read everything carefully before you do anything.

I contacted enewman17 and inquired about the link below \/ \/ \/ he advised me that it should be flashable via custom recovery to any AT&T I747 on 4.3 regardless of rom or kernel and possibly without root. He also said he thinks it may work on the I747M also.

If any I747M users flash it and are successful or unsuccessful please let me know so I can post whether this is effective for that as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46804681&postcount=5 I flashed enewman17's tether hack with bluetooth enabled from there ^^^which allows wifi tethering through the roms native tethering app without the carrier getting their hands in your pocket.

Do you need instructions to install the above file? Click below

To install this you need to
    *download this file^^^
    *move it to your SD card
    *put the SD card by k into the phone
    *turn the phone off
    *boot into recovery
    *select install
    *navigate to the location of the file ^^^
    *select the correct file
    *write the file to the phone
    *clear the cache and wipe the dalvik
    *reboot and enjoy, make sure you thank enewman17 for his fantastic work.

It works flawlessly for me buy your results may vary?
    DO you want to get your 16GB micro SD card back to a use able state so you can store data on it again? Click below for details.

If you want to restore your sd card to a useable state after you get everything running again I used http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html, After you install it and open it Insert your SD card into your computer and select the drive letter assigned to your SD card tell the partition wizard to delete all partitions then in the top left corner click apply. You now have a completly blank unformatted SD card. Now Insert it into your phone the phone will give you a notification that the sd card is unformatted and give you an option to format it. you now have a blank formatted SD card you can use again.
    More to come in the near future.

Tips for Debricking!

Hey guys. I have posted much of this in enewman's thread, but thought it would be best to have it here. I have been helping members to debrick their devices in the T-Mobile S3 forums ever since the method was discovered. There are a few tips I have which may or may not have been mentioned before, and may or may not make a difference here. I believe everything should apply though because our devices are very similar to each other.

The first, and most important thing IMO, is DON'T GIVE UP! At least not right away! We have seen many people who were unable to restore their device the first time they tried. Quite a few had to run through the instructions of partitioning the sdcard several times before it finally worked. No clue as to why this happens, I just know it does happen. (I actually know from experience on that!)

We also recommend using a 16GB or 32 GB, Class 6 or better sdcard. (I personally do not recommend using some cheapo generic. Its up to you if you want or need to try with one, but they often do not actually have the advertised available storage.) (I personally always use Samsung brand sdcards from Authorized Dealers....not just for the debrick process, but for my everyday use I feel they are hard to beat.) Any name brand should be sufficient though. Just beware of all the fakes out there!
    I know I've seen it mentioned that the 32GB card will not work for you guys. But it has for T999 users before. Still the 16GB is the better choice here. (I have also theorized that if you have a 32GB model, it might actually be best to try with a 32GB card if available.) In the end though, as long as it is at least 16GB, try what you have before spending money on something else. You never know, you might actually get lucky! Some manufacturers, for example, have Class 4 cards that will actually reach Class 6 r/w speeds.

I also suggest taking a look at the T-Mobile thread, stickied in Development. Some of the information there could be of use as well.
    [HOWTO] UnBrick T-Mobile S III QHSUSB_DLOAD w/Video Walkthrough In particular, we recommend using a different method for partitioning your sdcard. We have found many have had little success using the Windows method. Instead, people seem to have a much higher success rate when using the Linux LiveCD or VM method. (I will post the instructions for both below). There are also links to video tutorials for those who prefer to watch it being done before trying it themselves.

For the KK bricks that have happened in the last 24 hours, I would be very surprised if this is unable to fix these devices. Especially for those who bricked by flashing the 4.4.2 modem while on 4.3 firmware. These debrick.img's include the first chunk of data from the main partition, mmcblk0. The modem is on the first partition of this, mmcblk0p1, so when you use the debrick.img, it should boot up using the modem included in that img. So if you are still on 4.3 firmware but bricked by flashing the modem, you should be able to use either the 4.3 or 4.4.2 debrick.img. Your choice. Id recommend using the 4.3 version for now, at least until we verify this is working for 4.4.2. It also means that if 4.3 does not seem to be working for you, you have a second choice to fall back on and try again. (More a psychological thing IMO, but anything that keeps you motivated to keep at it is a good thing! Having a second option can help people to feel like there is still hope if the first is not working!)
    If you do end up using a 4.4.2 debrick.img, just remember you will ONLY be able to flash 4.4.2 firmware to fix the device. Just like if you were flashing normally with Odin, it will see you are booted up using 4.4.2 firmware, and it will fail the SW Rev. Check if you try to flash anything older.

So anyway, sorry for such a long post guys! Just trying to cover all the bases. I know some has probably already been discussed, but it doesn't hurt to revisit it if it has.

The following instructions will tell you how to partition your sdcard with the debrick.img using the Linux LiveCD! I just double checked and saw that this is mentioned in the OP but I missed it before. Still, incase it helps anyone I will post what we have for our instructions from T-Mobile.

What you need:
    • Bricked SGH-I747/I747M
    • 16GB or 32GB microSD card (all data will be erased from this sdcard)
    • microSD card reader
    • Linux Live Disc
    • A debrick.img for your device and firmware (I can host and try to help organize all of these for each model/carrier if you guys like)
    • The correct build of stock firmware for your device. (Best to match the firmware build with that of the debrick.img)

• Boot your Linux OS
    • Download the debrick image (Make absolutely sure you get the correct one!!! If you are not certain, ASK!)
    • Open terminal on your Linux OS
    • Insert your microSD card into the reader
    • Plug your microSD card reader into your computer
    • Enter the following in the Terminal

Code:
      dmesg | tail

You should see something that mentions where it is mounted via /sdX (X = variable. Mine always said sdb.)

Code:
      dd if=/path_to_debrick.img of=/dev/sdX

Don't forget, X is variable representing the microSD card ignoring the partition numbers as they should be overwritten.
      I had to do this a couple times for the image to actually take

• To check if the sdcard was partitioned correctly, enter this:

Code:
      parted /dev/sdX print

If you see an Error about the GPT table being corrupt you can type "OK" and then you will be given an option to Fix/Ignore; type "Ignore".
      It should show approximately 23 partitions (IIRC)

Now that you have created your debrick sdcard, here is how you use it!

• remove the microSD card from the reader
    • remove the battery, sim and external microSD card from your device
    • insert your debrick microSD into your phone
    • insert the battery and down your power button (at this point your phone might actually boot completely and you can recovery any software/data you want)

If you have Odin flashable firmware for your device, next do this. Otherwise, follow the instructions in your OP for using a second sdcard.
    • reboot into Download mode either via adb or Volume Down + Home + Power
    • Once the device is booted into bootloader remove the microSD card.
    • Flash your firmware via Odin like usual, and make sure you UNCHECK partition! (Should be unchecked by default already, but just in case....)

Note: If you do not remove the sdcard after booting into Download Mode, the flash from Odin will fail!

I do hope this helps some of you. I am going to try to create a stock NE4 firmware for use with Odin. If successful, you will not have to use the 2 sdcard method anymore! I hope....!

If I have gotten anything wrong, or something does not quite fit for your devices here, please let me know! And I do hope no one minds me posting this. I now know the OP mentioned using Linux, but didn't see much info on it. That and I have heard lots of folks talking about using the Windows method, which we found to be unreliable, so I figured a more detailed guide on this method might prove useful.

If I can do anything else to help, please feel free to ask! And GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :fingers-crossed:
    :cowboy:
    Amazing! Thanks you!

This worked perfectly! I almost lost hope, but this has restored my faith in Android. So, does this mean that this is the end of Custom Roms that run versions <Android 4.3? That would be a shame...Is it the Android 4.3 update that caused all of this, or just Samsung's update?(Google or Samsung) I really loved custom roms of 4.1.2 and there were some things that I was able to do there that were ruined because of the update. It wasn't quite nice for Samsung to do this to those great devs. :eek:
    OK, since we have had no confirmation of either the 80mb or 128mb debrick.img's working, I have made a few more scripts that will create new ones of different sizes.

T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick-256.zip
    This will create a 256mb image

T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick-512.zip
    This will create a 512mb image

T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick-1580.zip
    This will create a 1.58gb image

Note: Before uploading for people to test them, zip them up and it will significantly reduce the file size you have to upload.

Remember to make sure you have enough free space before running the scripts!

We will do our best to figure this out guys! I know it sucks to have such a nice paperweight....