[Q] Help! Unlocking Bootloader for Arc S

Search This thread

mshipXZ

May 25, 2013
I'm trying to unlock the bootloader on my newly Arc S LT18i Sakura Pink device. I have already followed Sony's intructions but either Flashtool or Sony's way doesen't work. My bootloader allowed status: Yes. I already trippled check my key and IMEI. Still it just tells me the OEM ERROR. Please help. :(

mshipXZ

May 25, 2013
Yes all mentioned are enabled. I'm using stock rom and kernel. I have an older Arc which I did this unlocking easy. I swap my Arc to get this Arc S. I love the 1.4GHz increase. I'm on stock .69 GB. I tried W7 to unlock but didn't work. Here's the problem. This is on W8.
uploadfromtaptalk1388460825040.jpg

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012
How many characters did you inserted of your IMEI? All the numbers or left the last one?

Cheers,
AJ

mshipXZ

May 25, 2013
Can you post a screenshot of the error?

Cheers,
AJ

When I checked my Bootloader it said "Bootloader unlock allowed: YES" But when I got the key I tried to unlick it by both methods Flashtool and Sony's but it just gave me an OEM Unlock failed error. HELP!!! IT IS NOT SIMLOCK EITHER BUT WON'T WORK HELP!!! CAN THE IMEI BE CHANGED??? I READ ON SOME FROUM THAT THERE IMEI CHANGE WHEN FLASH NEW FIRMWARE.... BUT THATS ON XPERIA S.......................

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
When I checked my Bootloader it said "Bootloader unlock allowed: YES" But when I got the key I tried to unlick it by both methods Flashtool and Sony's but it just gave me an OEM Unlock failed error. HELP!!! IT IS NOT SIMLOCK EITHER BUT WON'T WORK HELP!!! CAN THE IMEI BE CHANGED??? I READ ON SOME FROUM THAT THERE IMEI CHANGE WHEN FLASH NEW FIRMWARE.... BUT THATS ON XPERIA S.......................

IMEI does not change. Please dial *#06# to check your IMEI. I have only heard of this problem with Samsung phones about the changing IMEI when you flash a custom ROM.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

mshipXZ

May 25, 2013

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012

OK, firstly I won't advice you to play with your IMEI. It can be very dangerous and might result in hard brick if that's what you want. Secondly I would recommend you to gain type the IMEI code properly with one digit less at sony's website to get the key, just in case, and try to do unlock again. I'll also keep looking for this error :)

Cheers,
AJ

mshipXZ

May 25, 2013
OK, firstly I won't advice you to play with your IMEI. It can be very dangerous and might result in hard brick if that's what you want. Secondly I would recommend you to gain type the IMEI code properly with one digit less at sony's website to get the key, just in case, and try to do unlock again. I'll also keep looking for this error :)

Cheers,
AJ

I tried it but still the same result. The key doesen't work. Doubled check it already still failed. :'( help!!!

mshipXZ

May 25, 2013
GUYS HELP WHY IS THIS ON MY PHONE WHEN I TRY TO Look at Phone INFO ON S1 TOOL??? "UNKNOWN SIMLOCK SIGNATURE DETECTED"

Hold 'BACK Button(s) And Connect 'Micro USB' Cable to Phone
Port Created ... OK

Phone info:
IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
EROM Version: R9A029
Loader AID: 0001
EROM AID: 0001
Unique Device ID1: ED77D495CA2099E7F6A3E81B7B58DF2C7A1F2192

GDFS Info:
Model: LT18i
Software Version: 1253-8238_4.0.2.A.0.69
Core OS Version: WORLD-i_4.0.2.A.0.69
Custom Version: 1254-2250_R5D
Serial Number: CB5A1GTL8Y
UNKNOWN SIMLOCK SIGNATURE DETECTED
Phone Detached
Operation Completed
Operation Time: 00:00:02

kks111

Dec 17, 2013
delhi
hi

GUYS HELP WHY IS THIS ON MY PHONE WHEN I TRY TO Look at Phone INFO ON S1 TOOL??? "UNKNOWN SIMLOCK SIGNATURE DETECTED"

Hold 'BACK Button(s) And Connect 'Micro USB' Cable to Phone
Port Created ... OK

Phone info:
IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
EROM Version: R9A029
Loader AID: 0001
EROM AID: 0001
Unique Device ID1: ED77D495CA2099E7F6A3E81B7B58DF2C7A1F2192

GDFS Info:
Model: LT18i
Software Version: 1253-8238_4.0.2.A.0.69
Core OS Version: WORLD-i_4.0.2.A.0.69
Custom Version: 1254-2250_R5D
Serial Number: CB5A1GTL8Y
UNKNOWN SIMLOCK SIGNATURE DETECTED
Phone Detached
Operation Completed
Operation Time: 00:00:02
i can unlock it ... pm me or contact me on gtalk muskanjainxx@gmail.com

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Can I repair my IMEI????????????? I can't unlock it....:crying:
There is no need to mess with your IMEI at all.

If you are completely sure, that you got the correct code (enter only 14 first digits of your phone's IMEI at unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com), and it still does not work, make sure you have proper fastboot drivers installed. Personal experience shows, that the drivers from Flashtool package work just great (in Flashtool folder named drivers, by default in C:\Flashtool\drivers). I recommend you to try using Windows 7 as it is known to work there without any workarounds.
Reflash the arc s ftf

Sent from my EndeavorU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Please read what the topic is about, then post.

mshipXZ

May 25, 2013
There is no need to mess with your IMEI at all.

If you are completely sure, that you got the correct code (enter only 14 first digits of your phone's IMEI at unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com), and it still does not work, make sure you have proper fastboot drivers installed. Personal experience shows, that the drivers from Flashtool package work just great (in Flashtool folder named drivers, by default in C:\Flashtool\drivers). I recommend you to try using Windows 7 as it is known to work there without any workarounds.

Well I already tried it but still nothing happened it still sent me an oem unlick failed status...