[Q] Can only boot to custom recovery via ROm Manager

Search This thread

mannysroot

Dec 18, 2011
HI

I have the i9505 samsung s4.

I managed to root it via odin, and flashed the Team win recovery as part of the process. I downloaded root checker and it shows that the device is rooted.

However, when i turn the device off and then try and boot to the custom recover I am finding it impossible.

I hold the volume down, home key then press the power button and keep them pressed. THe phone keeps going to the odin download mode and no further etc. However, I can get to the custom recovery via rom manager. What am i doing wrong??

Using rom manager is fine, however if something goes wrong during a custom rom flash then i will need to use the buttons to boot to custom recovery

Please help

Manny

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
HI

I have the i9505 samsung s4.

I managed to root it via odin, and flashed the Team win recovery as part of the process. I downloaded root checker and it shows that the device is rooted.

However, when i turn the device off and then try and boot to the custom recover I am finding it impossible.

I hold the volume down, home key then press the power button and keep them pressed. THe phone keeps going to the odin download mode and no further etc. However, I can get to the custom recovery via rom manager. What am i doing wrong??

Using rom manager is fine, however if something goes wrong during a custom rom flash then i will need to use the buttons to boot to custom recovery

Please help

Manny

Try to turn off your phone manually press and hold power+volumeUp When you see the rebooting recovery on top of your screen (blue) let go of your fingers mate :)

Sent from Hell ?

mannysroot

Dec 18, 2011
Try to turn off your phone manually press and hold power+volumeUp When you see the rebooting recovery on top of your screen (blue) let go of your fingers mate :)

Sent from Hell ?

Hi that's what I did but I don't see a blue logo at any point ... Just goes straight to the Odin download screen. Strange that I can get to recovery via Rom manager

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hi that's what I did but I don't see a blue logo at any point ... Just goes straight to the Odin download screen. Strange that I can get to recovery via Rom manager

Try to flash philz recovery via odin then try to boot into recovery and when it goes fine try to flash the custom recovery you want.

Sent from Hell ?

mannysroot

Dec 18, 2011
Try to flash philz recovery via odin then try to boot into recovery and when it goes fine try to flash the custom recovery you want.

Sent from Hell ?

Tried that and still no difference can boot to the philz recovery from the power options of phone but not using the buttons. Is there something within the phones options I need to enable or disable ?

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Tried that and still no difference can boot to the philz recovery from the power options of phone but not using the buttons. Is there something within the phones options I need to enable or disable ?

If you flash Philz recovery you can boot only when you turn off your phone and by Hold and pressing Power+Volumeup . Im Guessing your asking the Extended Power menu Option by Pressing Power and choose restart > There should be Reboot Option IE Reboot,Recovery,Downloadmode. Mate is your phone rooted? If you want an Extended power menu option try to install WannamXposed , and Enable it from there, Make sure to follow hes Tutorial. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

mannysroot

Dec 18, 2011
If you flash Philz recovery you can boot only when you turn off your phone and by Hold and pressing Power+Volumeup . Im Guessing your asking the Extended Power menu Option by Pressing Power and choose restart > There should be Reboot Option IE Reboot,Recovery,Downloadmode. Mate is your phone rooted? If you want an Extended power menu option try to install WannamXposed , and Enable it from there, Make sure to follow hes Tutorial. Have a nice day.
hi it is the same with both custom and stock rom. I am now running paranoid 4.4.2.

The issue is that I need an option to get to recovery using the buttons. There is no issues getting to recovery from the power menu once the phone is running

It is really annoying me now

Thanks