[ROOT][APP][SUPPORT]SoftKeyZ - Apply and mix Softkeys/Navigation Button themes

Search This thread

tonyafc

May 4, 2014
London
My softkeyz won't change anymore and I don't have a clue what has happened any ideas? The softkey highlighter changes but not the softkeyz

Last edited:

JaredTamana

Feb 2, 2015
Google Nexus 4
LG Nexus 5X
Ok. I used a different busybox installer and it worked. I set a soft key and it tried to restart my device. Now, it won't boot. At all. Not even into recovery. Did it brick my device?! Please help, it's quite urgent.

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Ok. I used a different busybox installer and it worked. I set a soft key and it tried to restart my device. Now, it won't boot. At all. Not even into recovery. Did it brick my device?! Please help, it's quite urgent.

Reflash your ROM using a method of your choice. update.zip or fastboot, doesn't matter.

Factory reset isn't needed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

ohlin5

Feb 24, 2012
Verizon Blows, USA
So, I've tried this app, and it successfully changes the softkey buttons. However, my problem is that I've made several custom buttons that have transparent backgrounds, and them imported them into the app. However, once I do, all of the icons suddenly have black backgrounds, instead of transparent. Any idea what might be causing this?

ahmedkk

Feb 7, 2015
So, I've tried this app, and it successfully changes the softkey buttons. However, my problem is that I've made several custom buttons that have transparent backgrounds, and them imported them into the app. However, once I do, all of the icons suddenly have black backgrounds, instead of transparent. Any idea what might be causing this?

Yeah, I had the same problem. I unchecked "Crop the imported image" when importing the buttons, that should make it work.
My guess is, it crops it into a format that no longer retains transparency.

Reactions: ohlin5

JaredTamana

Feb 2, 2015
Google Nexus 4
LG Nexus 5X
Today i went past the room I kept my tablet in and saw the LED light flashing orange, which it hadn't done before. I went in and pressed the power button. It showed the "fully charged" icon and then turned on!! Thank god! Now getting a custom recovery and backing EVERYTHING up. :victory:

janis605

Apr 3, 2010

It's a bug. "New" in the latest release of SoftKeyZ. It will be fixed for the next release. The thing is that my time is currently pretty limited: I am a univeraity student and finals are coming closer n closer.

Another important thing is the support for the One M8. (Could someone with the rooted stock Lolipop ROM please contact me?)

Aside from this: I'd like to announce that I am investing into a designer who will submit button packs to the Online Gallery on a weekly basis.

The first two packs have already been uploaded. If you have suggestions for button packs let me know.

Reactions: MotoFlasher

ANDR01DN00B

Apr 30, 2013
Your downstairs basement
It's a bug. "New" in the latest release of SoftKeyZ. It will be fixed for the next release. The thing is that my time is currently pretty limited: I am a univeraity student and finals are coming closer n closer.

Another important thing is the support for the One M8. (Could someone with the rooted stock Lolipop ROM please contact me?)

Aside from this: I'd like to announce that I am investing into a designer who will submit button packs to the Online Gallery on a weekly basis.

The first two packs have already been uploaded. If you have suggestions for button packs let me know.

Kewel! I'll hit you up with a pm to a stock rooted ROM if I can find it!

doaneramma

Feb 3, 2007
Saanich, BC
I just tried on my HTC M8 with lollipop, no go. I am not sure of a stock rooted, but the ARHD rom is pretty bloody close to stock and the one I use.

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Will not work on HTC M8 on any sense ROM, but will work if you are running CM based ROM.
haha, thanks, I just came back here to say it doesnt work on my M8 maximus 4.4.4 sense ROM :D
also have GO launcher and I am not sure if that also messes with the frameworks.

installed app, changed icons, rebooted and nothing happened.
started app, and says that new icons are loaded.
then i selected backup to restore to normal but after reboot i lost nav buttons and dock and status bar and notification panel :(
i did have a feeling it was not going to work so took TWRP backup and had to restore.
no problem really, thats what backups are for.

shame as i really liked this mod when i was on stock.
any other apps that will do this?
i will also have a look for manually changing icons but i am sure that is going to be painful :(

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I'm currently on CM. There an issue, discussed on this thread, involving a warping of the back button. The developer said that he's working on it or will be when he has the time. :)

Thanks Ms V, is that for all the back buttons? I am using circulus and some of plegdroid work, I didnt notice the warping, but I should wear my glasses more :cool: then again it my be the helmet :)

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
Thanks Ms V, is that for all the back buttons? I am using circulus and some of plegdroid work, I didnt notice the warping, but I should wear my glasses more :cool: then again it my be the helmet :)

I don't think this issue occurs on all roms. I distinctly remember it not happening on a different Lollipop rom I was on. I wish I could remember which it was. I think I flash too many roms. :rolleyes:
Anyway, it could be an issue on some CM or AOSP builds but I can't confirm.

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

p5wdh

Dec 19, 2012

It's not working on HTC One M8 with ARHD 34 Rooted Lollipop Rom

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
It's not working on HTC One M8 with ARHD 34 Rooted Lollipop Rom

Working great on my M8, via SkyDragon v37 WWE. And works on the Team Venom new ROM. Both are Lolly sense ROMs, will work via any CM base ROMs also on the M8.

ForumRunner_20150216_124634.jpg

Judging the unjustly.....

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
Working great on my M8, via SkyDragon v37 WWE. And works on the Team Venom new ROM. Both are Lolly sense ROMs, will work via any CM base ROMs also on the M8.

View attachment 3168929

Judging the unjustly.....

On my N5, I'm running the official CM and I get the warping. However, on a CarbonRom alpha build I was running, everything seemed to be working fine.

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Top Liked Posts