Search This thread

Epic4GPortTeam

Jan 5, 2012
nWjmu.png

The Epic MIUI Port Team Presents
MIUI ICS v4
Samsung Epic 4G
Alpha 1

Warning adverted. 911 confirmed working!

Join us and watch the team work through bugs and see updates happening right in front of your eyes!
MIUI Google Doc

Current Version: 2.2.24
Download (please read the entire OP): http://miuiandroid.com/community/th...-v4-ics-alpha2-almost-everything-works.15621/

If you use a kernel, mod, or theme that is not included in this ROM, do not come to this thread to complain. Once you flash a mod, kernel, or theme, you are no longer using the MIUI v4 port bu Epic4GPortTeam

What Doesn't Work
WiMax "4g"
Themes if you don't create /data/system/theme/ (it should be fixed by default, but some need to do this fix)
USB storage
Occasional force closes (upstream)
Sometimes sd is mean (read the fix below)

What Does Work
Phone service (Fascinate MIUI porters & Epic CM team & darkierawr & marcusant)
Physical keyboard and software keyboard (G2 MIUI devs & marcusant & xboxfanj & xBTx & CM team & Aluminous)
Accelerometer (Epic CM team)
Multi touch (Epic CM team)
GPS (Epic CM team)
SMS and MMS (darkierawr)
Camera (Epic CM team)
Video recording (Epic CM team)
Everything else I forgot (Epic CM team, Samsung, Google, MIUI team, Nexus S MIUI porters, Fascinate MIUI porters, xboxfanj, marcusant, darkierawr, xBTx, etc.)

What Is Untested
Small things here and there

If you find a bug, please run "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and attach the logcat with a detailed explanation on how to reproduce the bug in question.

DO NOT ASK ABOUT 4G

How to fix some problems that are reported (try these before reporting a bug)
Code:
Settings > Wireless & Networks > More... > Mobile Networks > System Select > Automatic
Code:
Dev Tools > Media Provider > Scan SD card

Thank you everyone for your hard work and patience

Last edited:

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Hmm we JUST got another ics rom the evo has like 7 or 8 :D. I keed I keed. Thanks a lot this is great ill try it soon. Love me some MIUI.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0

Reactions: lavaclaw

zirjacks

Sep 1, 2007
If someone with the car dock tries this out, could you comment if the audio out works.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

roddygonzo17

Nov 11, 2011
This has been out for a whole 10 days and I didn't know about it!?!? :O "2/16/12" lol jk ;) very good job guys and thanks darkierawr for the SMS/MMS fix! Love this rom.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

G

GuestK00145

How's the rom you guys ?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nWjmu.png

The Epic MIUI Port Team Presents
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Alpha 1

Warning adverted. 911 confirmed working!

Join us and watch the team work through bugs and see updates happening right in front of your eyes!
    MIUI Google Doc

Current Version: 2.2.24
    Download (please read the entire OP): http://miuiandroid.com/community/th...-v4-ics-alpha2-almost-everything-works.15621/

If you use a kernel, mod, or theme that is not included in this ROM, do not come to this thread to complain. Once you flash a mod, kernel, or theme, you are no longer using the MIUI v4 port bu Epic4GPortTeam

What Doesn't Work
    WiMax "4g"
    Themes if you don't create /data/system/theme/ (it should be fixed by default, but some need to do this fix)
    USB storage
    Occasional force closes (upstream)
    Sometimes sd is mean (read the fix below)

What Does Work
    Phone service (Fascinate MIUI porters & Epic CM team & darkierawr & marcusant)
    Physical keyboard and software keyboard (G2 MIUI devs & marcusant & xboxfanj & xBTx & CM team & Aluminous)
    Accelerometer (Epic CM team)
    Multi touch (Epic CM team)
    GPS (Epic CM team)
    SMS and MMS (darkierawr)
    Camera (Epic CM team)
    Video recording (Epic CM team)
    Everything else I forgot (Epic CM team, Samsung, Google, MIUI team, Nexus S MIUI porters, Fascinate MIUI porters, xboxfanj, marcusant, darkierawr, xBTx, etc.)

What Is Untested
    Small things here and there

If you find a bug, please run "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and attach the logcat with a detailed explanation on how to reproduce the bug in question.

DO NOT ASK ABOUT 4G

How to fix some problems that are reported (try these before reporting a bug)
    Code:
    Settings > Wireless & Networks > More... > Mobile Networks > System Select > Automatic
    Code:
    Dev Tools > Media Provider > Scan SD card

Thank you everyone for your hard work and patience

samurai kernel is up for Miui.v4 on the iap website...

Link: IAP website
    Yoink. Good work all!
    :p
    School takes up most of my day. Update eventually. Most likely today later on.

Sent from my AOKP/MIUI Epic 4G. I am an überkanger and proud!