Snapchat on rooted phones with xposed

Search This thread

XDA XILFY

May 7, 2016
--- back up with titanium backup ---

(skip to steps)
As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework, at least upon logging in.

steps (modified and simplified)
a. uninstall xposed framework (ROOT DOES NOT MATTER, HAVING THE XPOSED APP ALSO DOES NOT MATTER, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FRAMEWORK INSTALLED) before installing snapchat then do a fresh install of snapchat. Only disabling the xposed module=fail
b. log in into snapchat whithout having the xposed framework installed.
c. after logging in, install the framework back
voila, now you have all the xposed functions plus snapchat working just fine
Goodluck!

I use Snapchat as a main SMS platform. Just as a strong recommendation you should all do as he says, then make sure that you use Titanium Backup to make a Full Data Backup of Snapchat after it is logged in.

This way, if you ever mess your phone up - namely on a tripped KNOX Samsung, you will always be able to log in again by restoring the .TiBkp backup from the app.
I've used this a ridiculous amount of times.
Backing it up to any of your cloud platforms is a good plan, I keep mine in my GDrive.

[Even if it is of an old snapchat version, you can update it from the play store after updating it, and it should hopefully stay logged in. Mine always has.

Good luck

WeUseLord-

I use Snapchat as a main SMS platform. Just as a strong recommendation you should all do as he says, then make sure that you use Titanium Backup to make a Full Data Backup of Snapchat after it is logged in.

This way, if you ever mess your phone up - namely on a tripped KNOX Samsung, you will always be able to log in again by restoring the .TiBkp backup from the app.
I've used this a ridiculous amount of times.
Backing it up to any of your cloud platforms is a good plan, I keep mine in my GDrive.

[Even if it is of an old snapchat version, you can update it from the play store after updating it, and it should hopefully stay logged in. Mine always has.

Good luck

Okay but as I said before there is no method on my phone that will work... I have literally tried ALL known methods I need a titanium backup but I can't do that (cause I can't log in)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using XDA Labs

XDA XILFY

May 7, 2016
Okay but as I said before there is no method on my phone that will work... I have literally tried ALL known methods I need a titanium backup but I can't do that (cause I can't log in)

You got any super old android phones? A girlfriend, boyfriend, friend, flatmate, brother, sister that have a phone you could use? I'm sure that if you asked nicely they'd lend you either their current or an old phone of theirs. Try asking. Personally when I was in a situation like yours I got out my old S3 and did it on there, then transferred it onto my S5.

WeUseLord-

You got any super old android phones? A girlfriend, boyfriend, friend, flatmate, brother, sister that have a phone you could use? I'm sure that if you asked nicely they'd lend you either their current or an old phone of theirs. Try asking. Personally when I was in a situation like yours I got out my old S3 and did it on there, then transferred it onto my S5.

...:silly: I may have bricked them... And only people in my house have iphones and a stylo3 that's why I'm trying to find someone nice enough to sign in for me and send me the backup

SourPower

Nov 21, 2014
East
On my op3t, stock oos 4.5 Snapchat works with magisk, it breaks and kicks me out once I have the xposed installed and active.

Is there a work around that? Does magisk hide do anything? Could it be related to safetynet fail after xposed install? Any input would be appreciated

kingkoopa10

Apr 22, 2008
quick question after i did the titanium backup which worked by the way could i install xposed as well now or will it just kick me out

eng_saad

Dec 4, 2010
I followed these steps and work fine [From this Thread by Reghar]:

So I recently searched and searched and followed many guides but nothing worked.
Although, I just replaced a few steps and got everything working.
Can even install Snapchat after Xposed.

Requires just a PC/Laptop/Mac
and of course your phone of choice.

Step 1: Download BlueStacks 2 Latest
Step 2: Download B.S Helper
Step 3: Install BlueStacks
Step 4: Install SnapChat on BlueStacks
Step 5: Login on BlueStacks SnapChat
Step 6: Open BS Helper and "Click Patch For Super X"
Step 7: Backup Snapchat with Titanium Backup
Step 8: Transfer Backup to Phone
Step 9: Restore Backup
Step 10: Enjoy!
Hope this helps someone who needs it before they hassle with uninstalling and reinstalling Roms/Xposed/Snap and all the other various things I wasted hours on!

After my 10 posts are up I will update with links

Reactions: Dodge93

the.Legend

Mar 20, 2012
I used this script to remove SU by installing it in TWRP:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63615067

After that SnapChat started without any issues. Once in, you could reinstall SU again

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I used this script to remove SU by installing it in TWRP:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63615067

After that SnapChat started without any issues. Once in, you could reinstall SU again

cnoevl21

Feb 26, 2010
OnePlus 8T
I know its been awhile since anyone posted here. Maybe someone will see this and be able to help. I have a rooted phone (su) with xposed. I have another phone without xposed that i signed into snapchat on and backed up with titanium backup. I then moved the backup over to my normal phone. It worked for like 2-3 days, then I get a message from snapchat saying i am using a 3rd party app and my account is blocked.
I've tried uninstalling snapchat, reinstalling and using the backup to login in. but within 2 seconds I get kicked out and cant log in anymore.
Does anyone know what the deal is? Does snapchat now know when you have xposed on the phone, even if you dont use any of the snapchat hacks?(which i dont)

lekronop

Jul 30, 2016
I know its been awhile since anyone posted here. Maybe someone will see this and be able to help. I have a rooted phone (su) with xposed. I have another phone without xposed that i signed into snapchat on and backed up with titanium backup. I then moved the backup over to my normal phone. It worked for like 2-3 days, then I get a message from snapchat saying i am using a 3rd party app and my account is blocked.
I've tried uninstalling snapchat, reinstalling and using the backup to login in. but within 2 seconds I get kicked out and cant log in anymore.
Does anyone know what the deal is? Does snapchat now know when you have xposed on the phone, even if you dont use any of the snapchat hacks?(which i dont)

Exactly the same happened to me..
First it was a 12h ban, then a 24h ban followed by a 48h ban :rolleyes:

I'm wondering whether they are detecting the active xposed framework on the actual phone or if they are detecting that you log in on a different phone than the one you are using Snapchat on. I'm assuming number one is more likely

JhinCuatro

Mar 2, 2017
Exactly the same happened to me..
First it was a 12h ban, then a 24h ban followed by a 48h ban :rolleyes:

I'm wondering whether they are detecting the active xposed framework on the actual phone or if they are detecting that you log in on a different phone than the one you are using Snapchat on. I'm assuming number one is more likely

Are you using edxposed? Regardless, snapchat, as well as any app it now seems, can detect ANY application names you have installed; so unmodified magisk manager, xposed manager, etc, might trigger the random ban.

lekronop

Jul 30, 2016
Are you using edxposed? Regardless, snapchat, as well as any app it now seems, can detect ANY application names you have installed; so unmodified magisk manager, xposed manager, etc, might trigger the random ban.

On my old phone, I was using xposed. There I got the multiple bans. Now I got a new phone but I hesitate to install edxosed since snaptchat is actually going crazy with detecting all kind of things.

You can read more about it on this issue on github.
This looks promising but I didn't test it out yet, don't want another ban. But I would really like to use edxposed.. Not even for snapchat just for some other things..

JhinCuatro

Mar 2, 2017
On my old phone, I was using xposed. There I got the multiple bans. Now I got a new phone but I hesitate to install edxosed since snaptchat is actually going crazy with detecting all kind of things.

You can read more about it on this issue on github.
This looks promising but I didn't test it out yet, don't want another ban. But I would really like to use edxposed.. Not even for snapchat just for some other things..

Thanks.. And yeah for sure, xposed is too useful for me. I love using xposed edge pro; all the gesture and key controls, and all the things i can configure to them, like much better multitasking, inverting the screen with a keypress, etc. Gravity box and fonter too..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (skip to steps)
    As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework, at least upon logging in.

steps (modified and simplified)
    a. uninstall xposed framework (ROOT DOES NOT MATTER, HAVING THE XPOSED APP ALSO DOES NOT MATTER, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FRAMEWORK INSTALLED) before installing snapchat then do a fresh install of snapchat. Only disabling the xposed module=fail
    b. log in into snapchat whithout having the xposed framework installed.
    c. after logging in, install the framework back
    voila, now you have all the xposed functions plus snapchat working just fine
    Goodluck!
    I found a work around for it my phone died and I signed into my sc from another device used it and logged off when I tried signing in on my phone I got temp login failure notice this is what I did to get back on:

On a second device, download latest version and sign into Snapchat

Once done, root second device and download titanium backup

Make a back up of Snapchat from second device and send the .tibkp back up or whatever to the first device

On first device download latest version of snapchat and titanium back up and restore the data only from the file you sent to the first device from the second device

Once done use sc like normal

Works fine unless you sign out from Snapchat on the second device so what I did is I froze Snapchat on the second device and erased the back up.

BTW I used a Samsung tablet as a second device and s6 edge for first device
    (skip to steps)
    As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework. I kept searching for a solution and all i found was rootcloack to hide root. It's good, but snapchat actually checks for xposedbridge.jar. I disabled the framework in xposed and snapchat worked without any mods and even with root. You can find rootcloack in xposedrepo.

steps
    All in all, in order for snapchat to work (tested on lastest snapchat) you need to use rootcloack as follows:
    1. install it and activate it under modules in xposed- then restart the phone
    2.(i assume you have snapchat installed, if you do, clear data just in case) go to rootcloack,
    3. under add/remove apps, click on 3 dots and "reset to default"
    still in add/remove apps, add snapchat using +
    4 under add/remove keywords and comands (do the same for both) add Xposedbridge.jar XposedBridge Snapprefs.apk Snapprefs (last 2 only if you have snapprefs module and you want to have no problems)
    5. add the same commands to add/remove comands
    done.
    Another solution is to login before installing xposed and then you'll be all gravy. I just did this 10 min ago and can confirm it works.
    I found a work around for it my phone died and I signed into my sc from another device used it and logged off when I tried signing in on my phone I got temp login failure notice this is what I did to get back on:

On a second device, download latest version and sign into Snapchat

Once done, root second device and download titanium backup

Make a back up of Snapchat from second device and send the .tibkp back up or whatever to the first device

On first device download latest version of snapchat and titanium back up and restore the data only from the file you sent to the first device from the second device

Once done use sc like normal

Works fine unless you sign out from Snapchat on the second device so what I did is I froze Snapchat on the second device and erased the back up.

BTW I used a Samsung tablet as a second device and s6 edge for first device

Brilliant. Worked like a charm, thanks!
    the best solution is to install xposed uninstaller in your custom recovery mode if you want to login to snapchat in a rooted and xposed device. you can install xposed framework after you log in.