Suzuki SLDA

Search This thread

m00n61

Hello XDA,

Anyone had a look at the new Suzuki head units? They are based on a Bosch flavor of Linux (http://oss.bosch-cm.com/suzuki.html) and support Apple Carplay and MirrorLink. For the moment no word of Android Auto.
Since there are still a couple of months until I will get my car I am trying to figure out if any of the developers here had already looked into this system and can share more in depth info.

KarlDroid

Mar 8, 2016
I have been looking extensively into this system. From what I can tell is that, there are some makes and models of phone based on a particular linux version that can connect. I am not having any luck with my Ubuntu device. I have heard people running CM 12 with success. The list of devices it supports is quite limited to Samsung. The website says it runs 5.1.1 android in the mirror link App. I am running 6.0.1 so not too sure. I have had no luck connecting to mirror link at all. I may have to try running custom CM 12.1 but not sure if I want to change roms yet, or if that is avaiable. I have also tried on the Samsung 2014 note, with no luck it is running 4.4.2 I may try and upgrade to CM 12 but again not sure. How about you?

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

The main thing is that when you insert a standard USB in the main menu it says connected, but when you connect a phone in mtp, ptpt or charging with a variety of phone settings it does not recognise it at all. Any thoughts?

Clandaries

May 9, 2013
Stapel
Just tried in our Suzuki Baleno.

Mirrorlink is working with the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S8.

Would be nice if we could find a way to hack the firmware like the firmware from Pioneer, ok this is just an iGO hack but it would be cool if we could boot into recovery or something.

Maybe someone will find a way to open up the Suzuki SLDA.

Muxeu

Jul 13, 2010
Kharkiv
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• SW-850.jpg
    SW-850.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5,945

..::Jacob::..

May 27, 2017
Groningen
www.irseca.net
Suzuki ignis 2017 infotainment sdla

Hi :)
I ordered an Suz ignis model Select without navigation, but it can be installed afterwards, it needs only the software.
Is it possible to install an other navigation instead of that from Suz.

..::Jacob::..

May 27, 2017
Groningen
www.irseca.net
To me it looks more like an upgrade for the cheapest models which do not have an infotainment system yet.
It is the same unit as in the select intro and style intro hier in holland as introduction of the ignis.
Not intro models have the Bosch-software:crying:

Reactions: thra1982

Raziel369

May 31, 2017
Hello,

Here is the link for the source codes for version 1840.

I cannot seem to be able to dowmnload it.

Do you have any luck ?

oss.bosch-cm
.com/download/suz_1840/OSS-DVD%20Content-1840_170221.zip

Raziel369

May 31, 2017
In firefox download works

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

What do you want with that file?

I was thinking maybe try and update my head-unit.

I have a European one.

EDIT: No luck.
Maybe someone more familiar with Linux can do something about it.

It look different from the 850 SLDA update

Last edited:

Hitesh Tyagi

Jul 25, 2016
Ghaziabad
I am no Developer.
But since the new headunit is same as the old one.
Android Auto is supported in the new one, cant we just extract the software from the new device and use it in the new one.

Reactions: thra1982

Muxeu

Jul 13, 2010
Kharkiv
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Yes. Just Suzuki will be provided upgrade.
I asked Bosch to share it and there is Bosch answer:
There is different versions of the multimedia system on the market, and Suzuki decides market-specific which version with which software release is offered. Furthermore, Suzuki wants to keep the customer communication with Suzuki.
I can only recommend to ask your local Suzuki dealer for a central hotline contact that should be able to help.
Maybe somebody needs software ver. 850 and Software update manual

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts