[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd - Milestone 6

How would you like your memory cards to be set up stock?

• Samsung: /emmc external, /sdcard internal

Votes: 156 66.7%
  • Normal: /sdcard external, /emmc internal

Votes: 58 24.8%
  • Build both because I am indecisive.

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

prateek.htc

Feb 7, 2009
1. I dont know what launcher do you use. If you use Nova launcher check Nova settings > Behavior > Show Notification Bar ( if it is unchecked check it)

2. System settings >Sound> uncheck Vibrate on touch

3. System settings > Language & input > uncheck Spelling correction

tried everything but dint work.. Downgraded to 5.0 .. now am gettng SystemUI FC :| I read the earlier post wherein u r suggesting people to take systemui file from 5.0 but mine SystemUI is crashng in 5.0 itself :eek:

Addtionally i m gettng "Unfortunately,the process android.process.acore has stopped" error.. I m not even able to recieve calls since their's no notificatn... jst the screen glows and ringtone is playng am not able to pick it up... :confused:

Followed the following steps :

Recovery Mode -> Factory Reset -> Wipe Cache -> Wipe Dalvik Cache -> Install Rom -> Install gapps...

Am i doing anything wrong.. plz guide me..

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
for better flashing results wipe /system partition as well prior to flashing
probably clearing init.d and nstools settings might be usefull

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
thanks, everb00b, sixstring, bhu1...

5.1 and the SystemUI.apk now working, and USB mounts both internal and external SD.

learned something new, too, moving the apk to /system/app. i did it with ES File Explorer, then clicked and Package Installer asked if I want to replace. Easy stuff, thankfully. I was looking at a kitchen thinking I might have to rezip the rom with that. Page is bookmarked ... but I'll have to learn that some other time.

everb00b

Dec 1, 2011
The Gulag
groksteady, just copy the apk you want inside your rom straight to the rom.zip without unzipping.
easier and saves your the time of backing up some apks.

i copy gapps system contents (without faceunlock), gps.conf, hosts file and delete apks i dont want in my phone. and.... Flash!

Last edited:

ruicc

Jan 8, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Hi,

Guys, in rom control -> Transparency, i choose full transparency, which give me full screen, and that's the way i like it.

But with the lockscreen, it keeps me showing the status bar...

Any way to lockscreen shows full area or overlap the status bar?

I can do that choosing an livewallpaper but i can't do it with background pictures...

And, when i scroll from my homescreen to another screen, it breaks the background on the status bar part....

Any solution?

Cheers

Last edited:

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
I would like to report a possible bug:

When exporting video from the built in Movie Studio I always get error message after 5-10% progress (Movie cannot be exported). It is a video captured by the build in camera in 720p and I am not able to export it in any resolution and/or output quality.

I use semaphore kernel and 720p fix.

evie12604

Oct 20, 2010
It does not. Few system apps are FC'ing, like alarmclock.

You know how it works.... wife is wife, and you'll do single last thing she demands :)
In times of froyo and gingerbread, I made themes for her myself, but I don't have enough time for it few last months, so I'll try MIUI v4 to see if that suits her. Not talking about theme engine in it, which is more intuitive, then modding apks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

try reinstalling it, works perfectly on my wifes phone

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
tried everything but dint work.. Downgraded to 5.0 .. now am gettng SystemUI FC :| I read the earlier post wherein u r suggesting people to take systemui file from 5.0 but mine SystemUI is crashng in 5.0 itself :eek:
*snip*

You're on the right track, at least to what worked for me. But did you take the 5.0 from androtransfer, or aokp.co? Try using the SystemUI.apk from aokp.co site's milestone 5.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

groksteady, just copy the apk you want inside your rom straight to the rom.zip without unzipping.
easier and saves your the time of backing up some apks.

i copy gapps system contents (without faceunlock), gps.conf, hosts file and delete apks i dont want in my phone. and.... Flash!

whoa. that sounds decent, and pretty handy -- but I still don't get it. I just did a futile search to find out what you mean "without unzipping". Add an apk to a zipped ROM without unzipping it?

everb00b

Dec 1, 2011
The Gulag
just open the flashable rom (aokp file you downloaded) via winrar.
browse it, delete whatever you dont need in system/app.
add the apks of the apps you want like Apex Launcher instead of nova, add the gps.conf thats best for your country.

and olley, you got all the stuff you need.

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
Can someone check/confirm the Movie Studio video export is not working?
thanks

Cashflood

Aug 22, 2010
great rom, congrats.

Changed the LSD density to 160 and had the " The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" error when starting a call. Changed back the density to 240 and the problem disappeared.

Is there any way to make the small density work without any error?

everb00b

Dec 1, 2011
The Gulag
great rom, congrats.

Changed the LSD density to 160 and had the " The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" error when starting a call. Changed back the density to 240 and the problem disappeared.

Is there any way to make the small density work without any error?

LSD can indeed stop your process unexpectedly... ;)

folkg, which version 5.2?
flash the file in the attachment.

Attachments

• SystemUI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 213

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. Flash latest THS build (just to clean up from other devices build.prop issues)
    5. flash AOKP
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Think of builds as "nightlies." They are the latest and greatest, but they may contain bugs. Find Romanns builds here.
    Find my builds here

Milestone releases are an accumulation of builds before it. They are intended to be bug free and "complete." Find milestones here.

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Reserved
    10char
    Nvm disregard this post, i just figured that build 32 is using glitch kernel aka ****tiest kernel ever made.
    For what cause does aokp use it? im tired of bootlooping back to stock hai odin.

Don't worry, I don't like your work either. Oh wait.....
    I'll build a HugeRAM build 29/30 combo today hopefully.
    Long week at work + long week on android = six shouldn't be posting on XDA. sorry to anyone I snapped at. One way to help keep this thread effective: if three people have posted about an issue and its not their fault, everyone probably has it. Unless you have a solution, I don't need 20 people saying they have the problem, it just clutters up the thread. I read every post, so I did see it, and I do my best to respond with what I know about the issue in a timely manner.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5