Huawei MediaPad T3 10 (AGS-W09 & AGS-L09)

Search This thread
just wanted to add my 10 cent. iv removed encryption and stuff in this boot.img so we can make a complete backup..
also this boot img boots into the correct recovery when holding the vol button for reason unknown. not erecovery..
im using AGS-L09 STOCK european rom with version AGS-L09C100B279 Rom and kernel 3.18.31-ge1db33b

i will add a kernel soon with support for external wifi usb "rt2800usb" so i can use this cheap tablet to deauth my stupid neighbor. i can add the binary files also so we can do it from a oridinary android terminal if someone needs them.

hopefully someone for now use this un-encrypted boot.img untill the real deal gets published

if someone beats me making a kernel with either nethunter support or external wifi support plz post it here and ill post the needed binarys witch goes into xbin for use of deauth with terminal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yD7cuXvT-HPu58fn0FmpuB4L8HmR5rgf/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks for this upload. Any chance you could explain the procedure you went through to unencrypt your boot.img? If I can get that done for my AGS-W09 I can compile a custom ROM for our devices. Plus I'll upload the Stock ROM and boot.img unencrypted here for others to grab also.

Feel free to PM me or if you want, email me.

Zach

brokenworm

Jan 25, 2009
marsdroid.me
i think it would be easyer for me just editing it for you.. if you upload the raw boot img file ill remove the data encryption on it for you and reupload the file

u can use this app to get the raw boot img https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ma.wanam.partitions
remember under settings to take off compress and stuff.... just a plain raw img

OR here is a guide :
1. Download ASSAYYED_KITCHEN.
2. Place your stock boot.img file in the "WORK" folder of ASSAYYED_KITCHEN. Apears after 1. run.
3. Launch ASSAYYED and select the 12th option (KERNEL/RECOVERY MENU) and then the 1st one (Unpacking Kernel).
4. Go to your work folder and open the folder boot_unpacked\ramdisk.
5. You will see a file named "fstab.qcom", open it using notepad++.
6. delete thise words including the "," ",fileencryption" and all ",verify"
7. Repack kernel and FORMAT your android Data partition then flash the boot img !
Done

root with magisk 19.3

Last edited:

tonyyeb

Jun 15, 2005
Hull, UK
Hi all

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I since Huawei are not offering unlock codes now, it is still possible to root the Mediapad T3 10 tablet? And if so are there any updated instructions please?

And if so will this allow me to install apps onto the SD card?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: rpkelk and simona70

r.be

Oct 6, 2018
Munich
Firmware Finder latest Roms

As I have a AGS-L09C127,CUSTC127D001, latest update available is B280, Nov 16 2018, I was wondering why
other L09s, e.g. AGS-L09C233, are now at B286, July 19. Is there some reason why Huawei
only deliver updates for some regions?

Is it possible to use such a C233 ROM to my C127, Firmware finder states "Firmware approved for C233".
However, some other firmwares are clearly marked by "The firmware ist not approved for installation".
Is this some kind of "yeah, ok, try it, but don't blame us if u brick your device?"

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I just reuploaded the TWRP_3.2.1-0.img.
Doesn't work on my AGS-L09C127. Only the Nemo 3.1.1 does

D

Deleted member 6360721

Followed Dinasty75's guide and managed to unlock the bootloader. Used fastboot to install TWRP 3.2.1-0_14.01.2018 with no errors, but when I boot into recovery mode I still get Huawei eRecovery, not TWRP.
Afterinstalling TWRP I reboot and press and hold down Volume up, and still only Huawei eRecovery.

Any ideas on why I don't get TWRP?

Jan 8, 2018
Sorry if it not the correct place to ask, but i didn't find a better post. I'd like to disassembly my T3 10" to install a quick charge qi wireless pad between battery and case. I'd like to solder positive and negative directly on usb port but pins are very small and i'm not sure to success. I don't want to mount this pad normally with its own usb port cause it is not elegant and the cable is too short and it is not centered with the tablet... So i'd like to hack it, installing inside the table with a longer wires. Someone know where i can find a service repair manual? Maybe i can find free bigger spot to solder the wires instead directly to usb port....

Img in attachment

trace the power wires back to the battery and see if you have enough room to solder it there if not remove some of the cover/sheathing from the wires in a safe spot and solder the cables together and cover with heat shrink, thats what i would do

MiluX

Oct 24, 2010
After many hours of trying to fix my cousins Tablet (AGS-W09) I was finally managed to find a solution.
What you need are an internet connection and an SD-card or OTG pen drive. (I used OTG)
0. put This file on your Micro SD card or pen drive and insert card/plug in your pen drive to the tablet.
1. Wipe your tablet (POWER+VOL UP, Wipe data)
2. Turn it on, connect to wi-fi
3. Go back to Language settings (first screen) and start Talkback (Press and hold two fingers on the setup screen. When your device recognizes this gesture, TalkBack is enabled and a tutorial begins.)
4. Make L gesture with your finger on the screen, the context menu should pop up, select Talkback settings. (you will need to tap twice after selecting anything to confirm)
5. Make L gesture once again, select pause feedback, click yes
6. Go to Help & feedback, find Use Morse code (Get started on Android with TalkBack doesn't contain youtube link anymore)
7. Tap on the youtube video and open Youtube
8. Tap on the share button and tap email
9. Tap other email and login to your email,
10. Send a new email to yourself, as an attachment add the launcher downloaded in step 0 from the sd-card/Pendrive
11. Go to the Ongoing folder, your email with the attachment should be there.
12. Install the launcher on your tablet and tap open.
13. After it starts, go to the settings -> advanced settings -> backup & restore -> factory data reset
14. After your tablet restarts, just go through the config and it's done!

You have made my day! How did you understand the russian video?

peter_hun

Nov 13, 2019
Followed Dinasty75's guide and managed to unlock the bootloader. Used fastboot to install TWRP 3.2.1-0_14.01.2018 with no errors, but when I boot into recovery mode I still get Huawei eRecovery, not TWRP.
Afterinstalling TWRP I reboot and press and hold down Volume up, and still only Huawei eRecovery.

Any ideas on why I don't get TWRP?
You can use adb as a workaround:
adb reboot recovery

peter_hun

Nov 13, 2019
Boot automatically when its on charger

I wanted to modify my tablet to boot automatically when its on charger (for kiosk/car/smart socket etc. purposes).

The command:
Code:
fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0
Isnt worked for me (my tablet is unlocked).

So i modified the boot.img by changing init.huawei.charger.rc and adding rebootscript.sh:

Code:
on charger
    wait /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
    ( .... )
    chown system system /persist/charger
    /* added line to the end of this block check battery capacity and reboot: */
    /system/bin/sh /rebootscript.sh

For security reasons it will stay in offline charge mode if its under 15%, heres the content of my rebootscript.sh:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
CAPACITY=(`cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity`)
MIN_CAPACITY=15
echo $CAPACITY
if [ CAPACITY -gt MIN_CAPACITY ]; then
    /system/bin/reboot
fi

The base rom was AGS-W09C100B278. You can download my boot.img from here (sorry for the link, new user's curse):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!7YFhUKzR!hXiTpXzEMyKduLrviFtyOd_3WsQ3QpH93CTpGMYX6mE

Its for AGS-W09 ONLY!
I modified the ORIGINAL boot.img, SO YOU HAVE TO APPLY MAGISK (AGAIN) IF YOU WANT ROOT.

Great thanks to Tobias Alrøe to his article about the same subject on mediatek devices.
( hxxps://appdictive.dk/blog/android/how-to/2017/04/20/disabeling_offline_charge_on_android/ )

Last edited:
Reactions: amn1987

megaraider

Mar 2, 2013
Unbrick Huawei Mediapad T3 7 Wi-Fi [BG2-W09]

My device is stuck on Huawei Mediapad logo. It became like that for no apparent reason, just turned it on one day and it is stuck there.
Even worst it is OEM locked (bootloader locked) and FRP locked.
I should have known better before this happened…!

I do not own any JTAG box neither I can afford to buy one. Furthermore Huawei support store charges, at least, a quarter of a new device price!
My last hope is to use a salvaged USB Memory Stick to JTAG the eMMC, but I have no clue where the needed signals are located on the circuit board. [Attach photos]
Does anyone know?

picture.php

BG2-W09 Mainboard Front
picture.php

BG2-W09 Mainboard Front Uncovered
picture.php

BG2-W09 Mainboard Back

Help and other ideas are welcome, thanks.

Last edited:

peter_hun

Nov 13, 2019
My device is stuck on Huawei Mediapad logo. It became like that for no apparent reason, just turned it on one day and it is stuck there.

I do not own any JTAG box neither I can afford to buy one. Furthermore Huawei support store charges, at least, a quarter of a new device price!
My last hope is to use a salvaged USB Memory Stick to JTAG the eMMC, but I have no clue where the needed signals are located on the circuit board. [Attach photos]
Does anyone know?

picture.php

BG2-W09 Mainboard Front
picture.php

BG2-W09 Mainboard Front Uncovered
picture.php

BG2-W09 Mainboard Back

Can you still start your device in erecovery mode (Vol+ and then Power pressed for 3 sec)?
If yes, you can always flash "official" firmware with this tool, dont need to solder anything...

Download your firmware, unzip UPADATE.APP file to a folder called "dload" in your SD Card, and reboot into erecovery.

Last edited:

megaraider

Mar 2, 2013
Can you still start your device in erecovery mode (Vol+ and then Power pressed for 3 sec)?
If yes, you can always flash "official" firmware with this tool, dont need to solder anything...
Download your firmware, unzip UPADATE.APP file to a folder called "dload" in your SD Card, and reboot into erecovery.

No it won't start! It's stuck on Huawei Mediapad logo!
I've tried every tricks... with buttons, SDCard inserted.

Moreover, i've tried several SP Flash Tool versions, but because the authentication file is nowhere to be found,
it immediately throws an error “S_AUTH_HANDLE_IS_NOT_READY (5000)”.

---------- Post added at 03:01 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

Just realized my images won't show because being a junior member with less than 10 posts (although a long time member)
i can't insert/attach images, ups...

peter_hun

Nov 13, 2019
No it won't start! It's stuck on Huawei Mediapad logo!
I've tried every tricks... with buttons, SDCard inserted.

Moreover, i've tried several SP Flash Tool versions, but because the authentication file is nowhere to be found,
it immediately throws an error “S_AUTH_HANDLE_IS_NOT_READY (5000)”.

---------- Post added at 03:01 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

Just realized my images won't show because being a junior member with less than 10 posts (although a long time member)
i can't insert/attach images, ups...

SP Flash Tool is to Flash Stock Firmware on Mediatek devices.

You can use any image sharing site ( for example imgur.com ), and paste the URL into a CODE tag, for example:
Code:
https://imgur.com/a/Y7hRLW2

Is the tablet charging when you attach USB cable? Do you see charging animation as usual?

EDIT:
This thread is for another Qualcomm-based tablet. This is your tablet's thread on xda:
Code:
https://xdaforums.com/general/help/huawei-mediapad-t3-7-t3647767
You can get better answers from users who own the same device.....

Last edited:

megaraider

Mar 2, 2013
You can use any image sharing site ( for example imgur.com ), and paste the URL into a CODE tag, for example:
Thanks for sharing this alternative working method for inserting images.
When i became aware i was unable to post images read the FAQ "How to insert image...", thereby accepting the minimum posts restrictions.
Test image :laugh:
Code:
https://imgur.com/a/Y7hRLW2

Is the tablet charging when you attach USB cable? Do you see charging animation as usual?
Yes the charge animation appears as usual, but everything else fails -stuck on mediapad logo.

EDIT:
This thread is for another Qualcomm-based tablet. This is your tablet's thread on xda:
Code:
https://xdaforums.com/general/help/huawei-mediapad-t3-7-t3647767
You can get better answers from users who own the same device.....
Thanks for pointing that thread i've somewhat missed :cyclops:
Thought any further help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Thanostsak

Oct 23, 2015

Does anyone know?

I would try unlocking the device. It should factory reset your device which might fix your problem and it would also provide you new ways to unbrick it, like flashing the stock rom images in fastboot mode.
Dc-unlocker is one of the ways to unlock Medipad devices.

Edit: I don't really get what you mean by "stuck in the huawei logo". You can't force restart it and enter recovery or fastboot modes?

Last edited:

megaraider

Mar 2, 2013
I would try unlocking the device. It should factory reset your device which might fix your problem and it would also provide you new ways to unbrick it, like flashing the stock rom images in fastboot mode.
Dc-unlocker is one of the ways to unlock Medipad devices.

Edit: I don't really get what you mean by "stuck in the huawei logo". You can't force restart it and enter recovery or fastboot modes?
No i can not.
It's stuck here [Image] even when forced to enter other boot modes.
Only turns OFF after long press power button. Nothing else.
Never used DC-unlocker, but doubt it would work with a device in a such a current state as mine is (?)...
Z:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
* daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
0123456789ABCDEF unauthorized

Thanostsak

Oct 23, 2015
No i can not.
It's stuck here [Image] even when forced to enter other boot modes.
Only turns OFF after long press power button. Nothing else.
Never used DC-unlocker, but doubt it would work with a device in a such a current state as mine is (?)...
Z:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
* daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
0123456789ABCDEF unauthorized
Since it turns off you should be able to force it to fastboot mode. You can do that by turning off your device, and while pressing the volume down button connect it to a pc via usb (without releasing the volume down button).

megaraider

Mar 2, 2013
Since it turns off you should be able to force it to fastboot mode. You can do that by turning off your device, and while pressing the volume down button connect it to a pc via usb (without releasing the volume down button).
According to USBLogview [Image] it does... but it doesn't respond to any fastboot commands!
Maybe because it's OEM locked, not sure.

rbgabor89

Nov 2, 2016
Hi there,

Yesterday my tablet decided not to see my wifi. All other devices in the house can find it and connect to it except the Mediapad. Which is strange because up until yesterday it worked fine. Any idea what could be the problem? I've turned on the guest wifi on the modem, but again the tablet fails to see it. I have reset it to factory setting but nothing. It cant connect with WPS either. It does however sees my hotspot from my phone, but seems it has problem with the Telstra network.

Anyone have ideas?

Top Liked Posts