Verizon 4g LTE Tab - Netflix Working

Search This thread

bmyton

Aug 4, 2011
First, nothing in this post is my own work. I just wanted to compile the information for everyone else who is surely wanting to know if the 4g LTE tab can run Netflix.

Step 1 - Root:

1. Download the file from THIS THREAD POST to your Tab10.1 (anywhere should work, I went with the /sdcard folder on my tab)

2. Power Down Tab

3. Power On and when you see the Samsung Text Hold Power + Volume UP (From This Post)

4. Select the Android+Box (Volume up to switch, then volume down to select)

5. Chose "apply update from /sdcard" and select the .zip file you downloaded in step 1 (When finished, the tab will automatically reboot).

6. Verify Root - You should see SuperUser in your apps when your tab finishes rebooting.

Step 2 - Asus Transformer Patch

1. Download the Transformer Patch from THIS THREAD

2. Install Patch - I chose to use Root Explorer to manually move the libnvomx.so file into my /system/lib folder, but you could also reboot into recovery and apply the .zip file that way instead (steps 2-5 above).

3. Reboot - If you manually move the .so file you will need to reboot, using the recovery it should reboot for you when finished.

4. Watch Movies

If anyone has trouble with this Please Do Not Email Me :)

I am really not a pro at troubleshooting, I was just willing to take a shot at rooting and found out that it worked. Hopefully this will ease other people's minds about getting root and netflix on your Verizon Tab 10.1

Also it is worth mentioning that I did all of this without using ODIN or KIES or ADB Shell or any of those other scary things. I chose not to try to install Rom Manager of Flash Clockwork Recovery as I had heard they may cause troubles.

Last edited:

dfxdeimos

Jul 30, 2011
Seattle
I noticed that you mentioned using an SD Card multiple times in this post, but the 4G LTE version doesn't support SD Cards (doesn't even have the slot).

Why the discrepancy?

dukins

Apr 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I noticed that you mentioned using an SD Card multiple times in this post, but the 4G LTE version doesn't support SD Cards (doesn't even have the slot).

Why the discrepancy?

He probably meant place it on the root of the drive of the tab. When you plug in your tab to your computer, you should be able to view your files there. Add the zip file to the root of that drive. Hope that makes sense.

bmyton

Aug 4, 2011

Why the discrepancy?

True. I was torn with how to describe the location and decided to use SD Card to be in line with the "\sdcard" which is still in use in the file system for the tab

I guess I've been explaining the root / recovery process on the OG Droid for so long that I still toss references to "root of the sd card" and "install zip from sd".

I'll edit the original post for clarity.

CSGirl

Apr 7, 2009
Question (and thanks this is very helpful!). I'm going to do the same as you I think and stick with custom rom and no cwr. So if you need to unroot for warranty return or whatever, and we've only done the steps in this post, what do we have to do to unroot? Thanks!

bmyton

Aug 4, 2011
Question (and thanks this is very helpful!). I'm going to do the same as you I think and stick with custom rom and no cwr. So if you need to unroot for warranty return or whatever, and we've only done the steps in this post, what do we have to do to unroot? Thanks!

Not 100% sure CSGirl... in my experience, the person making the determination about warranty approvals would be the in-store rep. In that case you should be fine by just using root explorer and deleting the SuperUser app. The permissions would still be there I suppose, but the store guy wouldn't see the telltale app.

Someone else could probably give a better answer.

If you open up the .zip file for rooting and go into \meta-inf\com\google\android and open the updater-script file you can see everything that is getting changed, I guess you would just have to change that back.

Also, @wiibrewer, I have no idea :)

Lawsewt

Jan 14, 2011
4g LTE Recovery Mode

Good Morning: Thank you for your postings. I have a new Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 4g LTE. I am not able to get the device into recovery mode. Is there a procedure for rooting that can eliminate that step or is there an alternate way to get in to recovery mode? Any assistance will be appreciated.

wiibrewer

Sep 21, 2010
I found that the volume up button is the one closest to the power button and not the actual volume button if that solves your problem

lagqboy

Aug 11, 2011
Verizon 4g LTE Tab root

Hi there,

I just bought a samsung Galaxy 10.1 4G LTE tablet.
Model #SCH-I905 Running adroid version 3.1

And I cannot get to Step #5
My volume and power buttons are on the left side of the tablet.
I copied the the file Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root zip file
onto the main root directory, but when I power down the tablet
and select the android box icon on the left - my screen goes blank
and cannot get to the next step witch is to apply the update from SD card and to choose the zip file.

Can someone please help me, it is driving me crazy! I have tried over and over too many times with no success.

My compter is running wondows 7 64bit

Thanks!

qubanaso

Jul 21, 2010
North Lauderdale
Did you rooted the tab because,mine runs just fine i rooted then i flashed the CMW recovery after

Sent from my SCH-I905 using XDA Premium App

jamezelle

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2007
Ohio
www.jamezelle.com
Is this still working for anyone else? It was working fine for about a week but now I'm getting "connection failed" when starting Netflix. Poo it was nice while it lasted.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

Edit: nevermind it must have been something on their end its working now.

Last edited:

wiibrewer

Sep 21, 2010
i have another issue where i can get into recovery but when i go to apply the update i get the error e:unknown volume for path sd card and nothing is displayed in the file list even though i have the file on the root of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Mackyiesback

Aug 16, 2011
Link to exploit.zip is broken

The link to exploit.zip from the other post is broken. Anyone know of another link?

Mackyiesback

Aug 16, 2011
Same problem

Hi there,

I just bought a samsung Galaxy 10.1 4G LTE tablet.
Model #SCH-I905 Running adroid version 3.1

And I cannot get to Step #5
My volume and power buttons are on the left side of the tablet.
I copied the the file Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root zip file
onto the main root directory, but when I power down the tablet
and select the android box icon on the left - my screen goes blank
and cannot get to the next step witch is to apply the update from SD card and to choose the zip file.

Can someone please help me, it is driving me crazy! I have tried over and over too many times with no success.

My compter is running wondows 7 64bit

Same problem here.

I can boot to Download mode and use Odin3 but can't boot to recovery mode... I get a blank screen with slight edge glow. So the older way to root won't work either, since you can't get to Recovery mode to finish the job.

Any suggestions? Would a Factory data reset work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, nothing in this post is my own work. I just wanted to compile the information for everyone else who is surely wanting to know if the 4g LTE tab can run Netflix.

Step 1 - Root:

1. Download the file from THIS THREAD POST to your Tab10.1 (anywhere should work, I went with the /sdcard folder on my tab)

2. Power Down Tab

3. Power On and when you see the Samsung Text Hold Power + Volume UP (From This Post)

4. Select the Android+Box (Volume up to switch, then volume down to select)

5. Chose "apply update from /sdcard" and select the .zip file you downloaded in step 1 (When finished, the tab will automatically reboot).

6. Verify Root - You should see SuperUser in your apps when your tab finishes rebooting.

Step 2 - Asus Transformer Patch

1. Download the Transformer Patch from THIS THREAD

2. Install Patch - I chose to use Root Explorer to manually move the libnvomx.so file into my /system/lib folder, but you could also reboot into recovery and apply the .zip file that way instead (steps 2-5 above).

3. Reboot - If you manually move the .so file you will need to reboot, using the recovery it should reboot for you when finished.

4. Watch Movies

If anyone has trouble with this Please Do Not Email Me :)

I am really not a pro at troubleshooting, I was just willing to take a shot at rooting and found out that it worked. Hopefully this will ease other people's minds about getting root and netflix on your Verizon Tab 10.1

Also it is worth mentioning that I did all of this without using ODIN or KIES or ADB Shell or any of those other scary things. I chose not to try to install Rom Manager of Flash Clockwork Recovery as I had heard they may cause troubles.
    i use an unlocked (no sim) sch-i905, so i don't know if it makes a difference, but this is what i did to get netflix working without rooting.

this is the netflix apk i used:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1177969

1. copy the transformer patch on to /sdcard/
    2. turn off the galaxy tab
    3. press and hold the power button
    4. once the samsung logo appears press and hold volume up
    5. let go of the buttons once the android icons appear
    6. android icon with downloading... text will be blinking, press volume up to move the blinking to the left to the box icon with the arrow
    7. press volume down to select that. now we're in the android system recovery menu
    8. press volume down to move selected text to 'apply update from /sdcard'
    9. press power button to select that option
    10. use the volume down button to scroll down to the transformer update zip
    11. press the power button to select that zip
    12. let android start up
    13. install the netflix apk
    14. watch netflix videos

this only applies the transformer patch and does not root the device, because at current, i'm not interested in having root.
    This worked flawlessly on my brand new VZW Tab 10.1. I had been considering returning it. you saved me a load of frustration and probably a few bucks. I was very nervous about rooting a "with accessories and shipping" $700 device. Now I have it doing everything I need thanks to your easy instructions.
    Mike

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Thanks, it's working fine. One question. Is it safe to do the updates, whenever I start Netflix now it says there's an update, and I fought so hard to get it to work, that I'm nervous to try the update without asking.
    Mike

Update version of Netflix (1.4).
    The link from step 1 is broken. Can you please upload a new copy?

The link to the exploit file is now working in the linked post. Thanks.
    Does the new apk 1.4 require root on the lte tablet or is this for wifi only?

no root required. i have the 4G LTE Tablet.