[GAME] Alchemic Phone 7 - PLUS EXTRAS ! - 3rd BEST GAME RATING -R-26/4-U-20/8-V-1.19

Search This thread

andycted

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2009
99.png

April Best Game of the Month and 3rd BEST RATING IN THE MARKETPLACE !!!!

FOR A SHORT TIME: Get the companion “Alchemic Extras 7” fully functional trial!!!
...brings Live Tile, Online Backup and Riddle Hints to the game ! Get it here:
http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=fc23cc5c-e9a0-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8

Marketplace Description

Are you a good Alchemist ?

You are tasked with rebuilding the universe, bit by bit, or rather Element by Element. Starting with just 6 Elements (no, not just 4) and combining them using your skills, wits and knowledge, you will unlock 1600 more and 26 Realms.

Do you think you can you discover: Atomic Energy, Zeppelin, Chuck Norris, Atlantis or even ‘Angry Birds’ ?

Similar games include Doodle God, but please note that this is brand new, built from scratch, taking the concept directly from the old 80s ‘Alchemy’ and reinventing it in the process.

IT’S HUGE !
The game includes 1500 discoverable Elements, but grows with updates and your suggestions. In fact if you have an idea for a combination or feel that two elements should react, the game provides a direct link for the suggestion.

UNLOCK REALMS:
As you progress, you will find new Elements which will unlock more Realms

SCORING AND TARGETS:
A scoring system is included (but you can also have fun without it) that gives big rewards for target key Elements or unlocking new Realms. You also get a Target Element of the Day !

ONLINE SCORES:
Once you feel like bragging, you can post your World Discovery % and score on the Leaderboard. Leave a comment and tease your friends !

FRIEND MODE:
Have a friend who wants to play ? Check “Friend Mode” in settings.

HINTS:
Finding some key elements can be a (reasonable) challenge but it wouldn’t be fun otherwise. A multiple hint functionality that doesn’t spoil too much of the research process is available. If you are really stuck please check the companion app !

WORLD STATUS:
Shows Realms. By tapping on an element tile you can see the reactions where it took part.

WIKIPEDIA:
Helpful and interesting, you can access an Element page by tapping on its name.

Check the website for hints and leaderboard !! http://www.alchemicphone7.wordpress.com

Please note that this game is brand new, it was built from scratch, both the interface and it's reactions. I played the old Alchemy game on MS-DOS and later incarnations, but noticed they tend to follow always the same reaction tree and sometimes I find some stuff repetitive.
With this game I tried to reset and rebuild the world, following scientific and historic logic when possible, and also attempting to use as much of the Metro interface as I could.

Following that principle, there is readily available a link to suggest new combinations. At the same time I'd also be glad to receive emails with comments about reactions already in place.

The Alchemic World in your phone is in expansion and you're welcome to contribute to it !

Recent updates:
- More elements
- Extras
- Tutorial
- Spiffy Live Tiles

Update 1.13:
- More Elements and Realms
- Fixed score persistence
- Interface tweaks and fixes

Update 1.11:
- Friend Mode !
- Elements !
- Realms !

Update 1.9:
- Life and Landforms Realms, changed Earth icon
- Made “Spindle” easier to find
- Bunch of new elements
- Interface improvements

Update 1.8:
- Elements Search, useful for those that are over 50% and are losing stuff hehe
- History is saved (from now on)
- Scores of new elements

Update 1.7:
- Online Leaderboards ! (Please report problems, it's new !)
- Detailed scoring page
- Dozens new elements
- Many interface tweaks
- Hold on element name in selector to open its page

[Update 1.5]

- Truckload of new elements and 4 realms. Your suggestions included ! Thanks
- Suggestion and hint page, more hints
- Target Element of the Day
- Smoothness and interface improvements

[UPDATE 1.3]
- Radioactive Bug
- The first batch of 'easy' reactions suggested by you. This is a tiny part of your suggestions, and represent those that could be included without checking the reaction tree too much. They're about 40 new elements in all

[UPDATE 1.2]
- Scoring system !!
- Blog !
- Hint every hour, with score penalty
- Some more reactions with existing elements
- A few improvements

[UPDATE 1.1]
- Crispier Icon
- First batch of suggestions: 40 new elements !
- A few improvements

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,407
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Screenshot3.jpg
    Screenshot3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 868
  • Screenshot4.jpg
    Screenshot4.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 689
  • Screenshot5.jpg
    Screenshot5.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 565
  • Screenshot6.jpg
    Screenshot6.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 359
  • Screenshot7.jpg
    Screenshot7.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 330
  • Screenshot8.jpg
    Screenshot8.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Link is up. Knock yourself off finding combinations !

Please feel free to use this forum, as well as the suggest button, to propose new elements. Earn a place in the app credits !

[EDIT] I've already received a ton of suggestions, THANKS ! Most of them are actually going to be implemented in the next release. If things keep going this way, I'll have to add at least a couple of Realms...

Last edited:

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Anybody has a suggestion on how to obtain the 'wheel' ? The current solution doesn't fully convince me...

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Scoring and goals !

From the comments on blogs and marketplace it seems that while many people already know the game, some are mystified by its goal.

So in the next update...

Scoring and goals system !

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Wordpress Blog

After discussing a lot on a few different wp7 games/app forums about scoring, new elements and such, I've created a wordpress blog about it:

http://alchemicphone7.wordpress.com/

feel free to direct suggestions and comments here or there.

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Update to 1.1 published, see first post.

Next update ready with the new Scoring System (see blog) and much more.

Please keep sending suggestions, they're great fun !

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Update 1.2

Updated to 1.2 with the brand new scoring system. Mostly you will get rewarded base on how hard it was to reach the element

You can find the scoring system in the game of course and in the blog:

http://alchemicphone7.wordpress.com/

Also since someone was really-really stuck, help tip can be obtained every hour

Have fun !

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Thanks to everyone that sent suggestions !

A first -small- batch of them, around 40 new elements, have been pushed to the marketplace certification and you should see it soon.

For anybody that is having problems finding 'Radiation', as reported in the blog, there was a small bug which is solved in this version.

Keep sending suggestions !

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Version 1.3 up in the marketplace with a bunch of user suggested elements (thanks) and a squished radioactive bug

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Had a few reports of users not being able to update/download the game. Please note it's a widespread issue and it's happening to the entire marketplace.

Enjoy the blog in the meanwhile !

[EDIT] solved now it seems !

Last edited:

polyq

Apr 12, 2011
Like it!

I like the idea, I think that you can make use of better graphics though. I feel like a nice touch with a graphics designer friend's help would make the game more enjoyable!

Keep up the good work =)

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
I like the idea, I think that you can make use of better graphics though. I feel like a nice touch with a graphics designer friend's help would make the game more enjoyable!

Keep up the good work =)

Thanks ! All my graphic designer friends are either too busy or totally broke and left the activity. Talk about finding the right middle hehe

If anybody is willing to assist and provide around 600 icons :D (yeah, that's what is in the next update)

I agree interface could be fancier, at the same time I've always thought this game was a blast on MS-DOS basically without graphics...

oh, by the way, thanks to all those that downloaded the game, it's climbing the ranks quickly and making first place in this poll: http://www.bestwp7games.com/top-wp7-games-april-2011-poll.html

Last edited:

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Actually the graphics is not my strong side, but I'm struggling with sounds too. Anybody has an idea for a "Places" Realm sound ?

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
Update published !

700+ elements
4 new Realms
More hints
Random Target of the Day
smoothness improvements

always free !!!

XPiemaster

Jun 16, 2010
Bethlehem, PA
I have to say, I am loving this game! I convinced my friends to play other Alchemy games for themselves (because they either have an iPhone or an Android Phone) and they love this version so much more. They say it's because of the actual scientific aspect of it. I was at 40% before the update and now moved down to 26% :O

Thanks so much for a great game! :)

andycted

Aug 20, 2009
I have to say, I am loving this game! I convinced my friends to play other Alchemy games for themselves (because they either have an iPhone or an Android Phone) and they love this version so much more. They say it's because of the actual scientific aspect of it. I was at 40% before the update and now moved down to 26% :O

Thanks so much for a great game! :)

Hahaha glad to hear that. I too played other versions, old ones on the pc and new ones on android, but then wanted to do it in a different way, glad you like it.

Prepare to be moved back a bit more (850 elements) with the upcoming update, which has a surprise too...

The actual scientific/historic aspect is being taken care of, but lately I'm also finding a lot of funny suggestions. I hope the balance is kept, maybe check the website and leave some votes in the polls regarding it ! Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    99.png

April Best Game of the Month and 3rd BEST RATING IN THE MARKETPLACE !!!!

FOR A SHORT TIME: Get the companion “Alchemic Extras 7” fully functional trial!!!
    ...brings Live Tile, Online Backup and Riddle Hints to the game ! Get it here:
    http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=fc23cc5c-e9a0-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8

Marketplace Description

Are you a good Alchemist ?

You are tasked with rebuilding the universe, bit by bit, or rather Element by Element. Starting with just 6 Elements (no, not just 4) and combining them using your skills, wits and knowledge, you will unlock 1600 more and 26 Realms.

Do you think you can you discover: Atomic Energy, Zeppelin, Chuck Norris, Atlantis or even ‘Angry Birds’ ?

Similar games include Doodle God, but please note that this is brand new, built from scratch, taking the concept directly from the old 80s ‘Alchemy’ and reinventing it in the process.

IT’S HUGE !
    The game includes 1500 discoverable Elements, but grows with updates and your suggestions. In fact if you have an idea for a combination or feel that two elements should react, the game provides a direct link for the suggestion.

UNLOCK REALMS:
    As you progress, you will find new Elements which will unlock more Realms

SCORING AND TARGETS:
    A scoring system is included (but you can also have fun without it) that gives big rewards for target key Elements or unlocking new Realms. You also get a Target Element of the Day !

ONLINE SCORES:
    Once you feel like bragging, you can post your World Discovery % and score on the Leaderboard. Leave a comment and tease your friends !

FRIEND MODE:
    Have a friend who wants to play ? Check “Friend Mode” in settings.

HINTS:
    Finding some key elements can be a (reasonable) challenge but it wouldn’t be fun otherwise. A multiple hint functionality that doesn’t spoil too much of the research process is available. If you are really stuck please check the companion app !

WORLD STATUS:
    Shows Realms. By tapping on an element tile you can see the reactions where it took part.

WIKIPEDIA:
    Helpful and interesting, you can access an Element page by tapping on its name.

Check the website for hints and leaderboard !! http://www.alchemicphone7.wordpress.com

Please note that this game is brand new, it was built from scratch, both the interface and it's reactions. I played the old Alchemy game on MS-DOS and later incarnations, but noticed they tend to follow always the same reaction tree and sometimes I find some stuff repetitive.
    With this game I tried to reset and rebuild the world, following scientific and historic logic when possible, and also attempting to use as much of the Metro interface as I could.

Following that principle, there is readily available a link to suggest new combinations. At the same time I'd also be glad to receive emails with comments about reactions already in place.

The Alchemic World in your phone is in expansion and you're welcome to contribute to it !

Recent updates:
    - More elements
    - Extras
    - Tutorial
    - Spiffy Live Tiles

Update 1.13:
    - More Elements and Realms
    - Fixed score persistence
    - Interface tweaks and fixes

Update 1.11:
    - Friend Mode !
    - Elements !
    - Realms !

Update 1.9:
    - Life and Landforms Realms, changed Earth icon
    - Made “Spindle” easier to find
    - Bunch of new elements
    - Interface improvements

Update 1.8:
    - Elements Search, useful for those that are over 50% and are losing stuff hehe
    - History is saved (from now on)
    - Scores of new elements

Update 1.7:
    - Online Leaderboards ! (Please report problems, it's new !)
    - Detailed scoring page
    - Dozens new elements
    - Many interface tweaks
    - Hold on element name in selector to open its page

[Update 1.5]

- Truckload of new elements and 4 realms. Your suggestions included ! Thanks
    - Suggestion and hint page, more hints
    - Target Element of the Day
    - Smoothness and interface improvements

[UPDATE 1.3]
    - Radioactive Bug
    - The first batch of 'easy' reactions suggested by you. This is a tiny part of your suggestions, and represent those that could be included without checking the reaction tree too much. They're about 40 new elements in all

[UPDATE 1.2]
    - Scoring system !!
    - Blog !
    - Hint every hour, with score penalty
    - Some more reactions with existing elements
    - A few improvements

[UPDATE 1.1]
    - Crispier Icon
    - First batch of suggestions: 40 new elements !
    - A few improvements
    Won april best game poll ?

Is it my browser that has problems, or we actually made first spot in the April best game poll ???

http://www.bestwp7games.com/top-wp7-games-april-2011-poll.html
    Man, the certification is slow this week !

Anybody interested in a multi-save game feature ?
    I can't put this thing down ! But the same happens to my friends, do you think you can make separate savegames ?

Excellent game, best puzzle I ever played !

HAha, yes almost ready, it was one of the most requested features in the previous weeks...

I've added 3 'secondary' savegame slots, which however don't impact the 'main' game which is the only one that can post scores on the Leaderboard and receive hints.

now if only app certification wouldn't take so long ...