Touchwiz3 Launcher for the Spica [MDPI screen]

Search This thread

eeee616

Jun 11, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh
Let me ask after the reset lg P500 applications on sd card gone on lancher TouchWiz 3.0?

Sr English bad ^.^

Last edited:

rlanza1054

Dec 5, 2011
Astoria, N.Y.
Does anyone know if this (Touchwiz) will work on a tablet, specifically an Asus TG300T? I just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic. 4G Touch on Sprint (SPH-D710). And I happen to like Touchwiz.

Thank you.

Rob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Repost from: Samdroid Forums

Finally Samsung threads on xda! On this occassion let me share my hack-ish attempt to make the Touchwiz3 launcher from the Galaxy S fit our spicas. Consider these as perpetual beta version as there are issues, but most of the gui elements now fit properly at first run of the launcher. No more re-arranging things when hidden behind the dock!

CAP201007250051.jpg kenshinmod.png

There are derived from rolle3k's ports of both the Galaxy S and i5800 Touchwiz 3 Launchers. Hence, two version to choose from:

Common Notes:
    • Added xml to make them more compatible with mdpi screens (specifically the spica), should in theory should still look ok in ldpi or hdpi screens also. Feedback on this please.
    • I've modified the default startup items on the deskscreen as well as the dock (see screenshot), notably the dock as onlythe messaging icon appears. Take note that instead of the stock messaging app, I linked to Handcent SMS instead. Testing out the option if handcent sms is not installed, it will instead show the stock messaging app.
    • Tweaked displayable area for List mode, last items should not be covered by the dock anymore.
    • No promises of being a better launcher experience than others :).
    • Speed and cpu load isn't noticeably faster/ better (nor worse) than the original ports.
    • Issues with widgets with text still remain, icons lining up properly in the homescreens, maybe unresolvable.
    • No samsung widgets, an external issue?.

A. GalaxyS-based update 02.01
    • Updated some ninepath graphics, as a result the Homescreen Folder icon glitch is now gone :)
    • Tweaked graphic elements locations should line up better.
    • This has more locales than the i5800 version so choose this in case your language is included.

B. i5800-based update B02
    • Updated graphics to use hdpi version (originally ldpi).
    • Tweaked graphic elements locations should line up better.
    • This is multi-locales, but less than GalaxyS version (ex. no Swedish)
    • Smaller file size than GalaxyS.

C. OPTIONAL release: i5800-based update B02.test 1-line text for drawer icons
    i5800-b02-trial-1liners-12.5px-stockfonts.png
    • 1 line text for the apps in the drawers.
    • Proportionally larger tiles/ icons than the Galaxy S icons.
    • The text doesn't scroll if it's too long too long unlike homescreen icons.
    • Also tweaked the List Layout more to lessen the area hidden by the dock.
    • Update name is TW3Launcher-i5800-kenshin-b02.test.1LineDrawer.apk, unzip using 7-zip.
    Download Links:
    Code:
    [url="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LLGZE4S"]i5800-based update B02.test LINK 1 911kb[/url]
    [url="http://rapidshare.com/files/409429671/TW3Launcher-i5800-kenshin-
    b02.test.1LineDrawer.apk.7z.html"]i5800-based update B02.test LINK 2 911kb[/url]

D. [2010-08-18] Update: i5500-based TW3 launcher release
    PREVIEWS:

Details:
    • Derived from launcher of I5500XWJG9 FW.
    • Corrected dock phone and contact icons to launch spica version of these apps. Was quite fcking hard to do. These are still NOT customizable.
    • Added some nicer graphics to certain ui elements. Optimized some others resulting in smaller file size.
    • Make app drawer bg dark gray, was blue.
    • Addded custom solution to missing samsung widgets item. :p
    Download:
    Code:
    [URL="http://anonym.to/?http://www.megaupload.com/?d=01MG36JV"]TouchWiz30Launcher[i5500-port-mod][kenshin]v01.zip[/URL]
    IMPORTANT PS:
    I attempted to make this mod for the sole reason to make TW3 launcher fit the spica at first install. DO NOT expect me to update this frequently, DO NOT expect me to fix any errors that may occur from using this mod. Mainly because I'm not capable to do so. I'm not really a developer, just did this as test. Feedback is welcome though.

IMPORTANT PSS:
    I would appreciate you to download my releases only from links I provide, and linkback to the original posts it was posted on. Don't bother posting mirrors or posting in other forums on my behalf. Thanks.

Please other mdpi unit owners test and feedback!

Thanks and enjoy!

CREDITS:

APK Manager Excellent tool to use!
    rolle3k original ports
    Samdroid Forums excellent resource for the spica
    Thanks Nice work:p