[Q] something about lowering the voltage

Search This thread

a1317931279

May 5, 2012
Changde,Hunan
Lowering the coltage can help with heat and battery.I flashed the ElementalX kernel,but flar2 didn't tell much about lowering the voltage.
My PVS number is 3,so how much voltage should be lowerd?Not only the minimum,but also others.
I may lower it too much(-100mv),then I got a reboot while playing videos.
Thank you:)

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Reactions: a1317931279

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Lowering the coltage can help with heat and battery.I flashed the ElementalX kernel,but flar2 didn't tell much about lowering the voltage.
My PVS number is 3,so how much voltage should be lowerd?Not only the minimum,but also others.

Overclocking will effect the heat too. The Voltage can be adjusted but most of the time don't need to be fooled with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skrypj

Jan 17, 2011
There is very little effect on battery by lowering the CPU voltage. There is a thread somewhere here on XDA where they do out the math and the energy savings from reducing CPU voltage are like 1% or something super low like that. The CPU uses very little power when you compare it to everything else in the tablet, like the 1080p screen, wireless, etc etc etc. Additionally, the overall power used by the CPU is based on both the clock speed and voltage, with high clock speeds being the major contributor to power consumption. Using a power scheme which does not ramp the CPU frequency as quickly or even underclocking the cpu will yield much greater power savings and heat reduction than voltage reduction ever will.

a1317931279

May 5, 2012
Changde,Hunan
Overclocking will effect the heat too. The Voltage can be adjusted but most of the time don't need to be fooled with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I just use the stock frequency.I like reading,high performance isn't needed,so I just want to increase some battery life,some people in tieba told me that lowering cpu voltage can make some great help...

a1317931279

May 5, 2012
Changde,Hunan
There is very little effect on battery by lowering the CPU voltage. There is a thread somewhere here on XDA where they do out the math and the energy savings from reducing CPU voltage are like 1% or something super low like that. The CPU uses very little power when you compare it to everything else in the tablet, like the 1080p screen, wireless, etc etc etc. Additionally, the overall power used by the CPU is based on both the clock speed and voltage, with high clock speeds being the major contributor to power consumption. Using a power scheme which does not ramp the CPU frequency as quickly or even underclocking the cpu will yield much greater power savings and heat reduction than voltage reduction ever will.

oh,it make sense,some people in tieba told me that lowering cpu voltage can make some great help with heat and battry life,look like they misled me,I have nerver noticed the diffrences in heat and battery, only the unstability is obvious...
thank you:)

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne

Especially with all things considered, the CPU is mostly loafing along. It doesn't start drawing power until it's being asked to work. Lowering the voltage is asking for a laggy device when the chips are down.

AarSyl

I highly suggest lowering the Cpu clock speeds if you want to affect the heat and battery. Lowering the cap speed for the device doesn't allow it to work hard enough to reach speeds to really make it toasty. Same goes with battery life. For example, I'm sure that you can walk much farther than you can run.

Changing the voltage is the equivalent of running down a new street...you have to test and test before you find a good voltage. Every device is different. Someone else's device might do great with the exact same settings that are making your device reboot. Do a lot of reading if you are certain that you want to change the voltages.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check this guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469261