[i9003] vs [i9000]

Search This thread

tanmayrocks

Mar 22, 2009
Hello everyone, by chance i got both the mobiles with me for a month

[i9003] and [i9000] galaxy S.

Comparison:

1. The screen of i9000 is better than i9003, but i9003 is more like true colours.
I9000 got a yellowish tinge on the screen,which is not that good !

2. Camera of i9003 is better than i9000, really.

3. Processing of i9003 is much faster than i9000.

4. Graphics of i9000 is better.

5. Battery life of i9003 is slightly better than i9000

6. Sound quality of i9003 and i9000 is similar, tested with several headphones on both, couldn't make out any difference.

NOTE: i9003 had xxkb3 firmware and i9000 had gingerbread latest 2.3.4(xxjvp)

IF ANY MORE DOUBTS, PLEASE ASK SOON AS I JUST HAVE IT FOR SOME MORE TIME !!

bprabawabr

Jun 13, 2011
Wow.

I'd never thought the i9003 would win on so many aspects! I don't mean to insult you, but I wanted to ask several questions to clarify this matter (signed up as a noob :rolleyes: just to post in this thread :D)

- Are the two devices fair to compare? (In terms of age, OS version, apps installed and running in background, etc.)
- What are the symptoms that made you decide that i9003 has better processing power?
- When you said that the i9003 has better camera, what aspects did you mean? And is there any noticable difference in the time they take to shoot and save a picture?
- Have you compared the loudspeaker and the earpiece (instead of using an earphone)? What are the results?

I'm sorry for the many questions. I am very excited about this topic. Many thanks to you :D

falex007

Apr 3, 2011
Ottawa

1. The screen of i9000 is better than i9003, but i9003 is more like true colours.

This sounds strange: If screen is better then it is better. BTW the different is not only in colors, but also in:
1. SAMOLED uses more power in white screen than SLCD (SLCD uses more power in black screen)
2. SLCD has better sharpness because of different structures of pixels

Look at these pictures (SAMOLED is in the left side)
http://www.gsmarena.com/showpic.php.../phone/gsmarena_006.jpg&idReview=562&idPage=2

Last edited:
Reactions: chenthu

manrock111

May 9, 2011
Internet
Hello all I have both handset but sl used by me and galaxy s is by my brother.

What I have notice that:
1. Lcd is produce more nature color picture (but black not that nature compare to sgs)but somehow amoled is overall winner. But in my opinion I like my Slcd.

2. battery of sl is better, you can get 1 or 2 hour.

3. Rest both handset Are same but sgs beat Sl in huge in graphic department. It has more capable gpu.

4. One thing I don't like about my sl is it unable to play unconverted 720 mkv available on net. Where my sgs play them smoothly with native player.

5. One more thing make huge difference is custom rom and developer support in community.

In the end Sgs is overall winner.

I consider sgsl good buy due to its price in india but unability to play hd mkv smoothly is make me anger on such a Great device.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tanmayrocks

Mar 22, 2009
- Are the two devices fair to compare? (In terms of age, OS version, apps installed and running in background, etc.)
- What are the symptoms that made you decide that i9003 has better processing power?
- When you said that the i9003 has better camera, what aspects did you mean? And is there any noticable difference in the time they take to shoot and save a picture?
- Have you compared the loudspeaker and the earpiece (instead of using an earphone)? What are the results?

1. Yes, the two devices are fare to compare, as they have similar hardware, with only minute differences and there are a lot of people out there waiting for a practical comparision of two.
(i9000 has an edge running latest gingerbread that also 2.3.4, but i9003 will also get that soon)

2. Processing Power: opening the gallery, i9000 takes more time, i9000 still lags at many places(though i think that can be fixed) and in some more places i could feel practically.

3. i9003 better camera: it does click quickly, but the main comparison in quality is because of the tinge that i9000 has cause of amoled, the pictures on i9003 are far better, comparing with same settings(side by side), i still got to compare them putting on laptop.

4. i compared the sound quality via headphones only, asi dont have digital equips for that, but i could't find any difference.

cantIntoCode

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 29, 2010
Glasgow
Fail on so many behalfs, its amazing how many people will read something and believe it.

Both processors are clocked @ 1GHz, although the hummingbird comes out on top as the best single core processor, do your research.

We have bluetooth 3.0, i9003 has 2.0

Graphics processor we have the SGX540 and the i9003 has the SGX530.

Super AMOLED/+ screens are beautiful to look at, can't get much better really.

Simple, there's a reason why the i9003 is cheaper.

Also, the better battery life on the i9003 is due the the battery being 1650mAh and the i9000 being 1500mAh

Last edited:
Reactions: arronov

adhikarb

Jun 4, 2010
New Delhi
JOKE -.- No offense though! I have seen SL in action..my close friend has it but haha declaring SGSL winner over SGS JOKE! :p

bprabawabr

Jun 13, 2011
1. Yes, the two devices are fare to compare, as they have similar hardware, with only minute differences and there are a lot of people out there waiting for a practical comparision of two.
(i9000 has an edge running latest gingerbread that also 2.3.4, but i9003 will also get that soon)
I am one of those people :D

AFAIK, hummingbird is claimed to perform 10-20% better than OMAP (both @ 1GHz), which is why I'm surprised at your results :)

2. Processing Power: opening the gallery, i9000 takes more time, i9000 still lags at many places(though i think that can be fixed) and in some more places i could feel practically.
Opening the gallery can be affected by numerous factors such as the number of pictures, the number of folders, etc.

At what places exactly does the i9003 lags? I'm most interested in the UI (will most probably use Go Launcher EX, if that helps) :)

3. i9003 better camera: it does click quickly, but the main comparison in quality is because of the tinge that i9000 has cause of amoled, the pictures on i9003 are far better, comparing with same settings(side by side), i still got to compare them putting on laptop.

4. i compared the sound quality via headphones only, asi dont have digital equips for that, but i could't find any difference.
OK, thank you very much for your help :D

I'm still keeping my eye on this thread ;)

Also, the better battery life on the i9003 is due the the battery being 1650mAh and the i9000 being 1500mAh
However, the supposedly more consuming SLCD puts the question back in... and now it's answered! :D

JOKE -.- No offense though! I have seen SL in action..my close friend has it but haha declaring SGSL winner over SGS JOKE! :p
What, specifically, makes you believe so strongly? :)

I think it's better to be specific here because people's needs vary. I, for one, don't really care about gaming performance, save for the occasional bird-hurling :rolleyes:, which doesn't really use much GPU as much as it uses the CPU (to calculate the physics and all).

Thanks before :D

Reactions: tanmayrocks

tanmayrocks

Mar 22, 2009
seriously i never said i9003 is better than i9000.. both have their pros and cons...it was just a comparision and i never said i9000 was inferior or anything.

(Left pic:i9000, right:i9003
though i dont know if this proves the thing, i was talking more practically rather than specifically)

Attachments

• i9000.jpg
    i9000.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,426
  • i9003.jpg
    i9003.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,318
Last edited:

adhikarb

Jun 4, 2010
New Delhi

AFAIK, hummingbird is claimed to perform 10-20% better than OMAP (both @ 1GHz), which is why I'm surprised at your results :)

Opening the gallery can be affected by numerous factors such as the number of pictures, the number of folders, etc.

At what places exactly does the i9003 lags? I'm most interested in the UI (will most probably use Go Launcher EX, if that helps) :)

However, the supposedly more consuming SLCD puts the question back in... and now it's answered! :D

I think it's better to be specific here because people's needs vary. I, for one, don't really care about gaming performance, save for the occasional bird-hurling :rolleyes:, which doesn't really use much GPU as much as it uses the CPU (to calculate the physics and all).

First of all..it lagged pretty badly while multi-tasking....
Secondly..admit it..SAMOLED just looks SOO better after the VOODOO color fix! ;) (w/o it too!).
Third point Gaming performance and Hummingbird chip=win!
Fourth point XDA Support! We are a family of more than 10 million!!
Pros of SGSl
1. Cheaper! (Big factor of our market (INDIA))
2. Comparable to its big bro i9000 but NOT its replacement ;)
3. Upgradeable to 2.3 like i9000(I hope so..have u guys got GB yet? )

rdr_m

May 4, 2011
Fail on so many behalfs, its amazing how many people will read something and believe it.

Both processors are clocked @ 1GHz, although the hummingbird comes out on top as the best single core processor, do your research.

Dude shudnt u be the one doin the research???sgsl has bt 3.0. Just google abt the cpu and u will get to kno which one is better.samoled vs slcd is a matter of personal choice.i m quite sure u hav never seen a sgsl display thats why u r so arrogant in ur remark.cause ppl who has seen both tend to go for the slcd due to usablity issues.excpt for the gpu part sgs is by no means better than sgsl.then again whats the use of such gpu when i m playin all the hd games currently available flawlessly.u may like ur sgs.but that doesnt allow u to flaunt around tryin to disrespect other peoples opinion. the sgs that r available currently are refurbished ones.so ppl who r plannin to go for sgsl,do it.u wont regret,unless u want an awesome gpu without any practical use.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

Reactions: Sine.

bprabawabr

Jun 13, 2011
seriously i never said i9003 is better than i9000.. both have their pros and cons...it was just a comparision and i never said i9000 was inferior or anything.

(Left pic:i9000, right:i9003
though i dont know if this proves the thing, i was talking more practically rather than specifically)
'
Nah, that would be my post they're referring to. Maybe.
Not that I made such general and conclusive statement :p

First of all..it lagged pretty badly while multi-tasking....
Secondly..admit it..SAMOLED just looks SOO better after the VOODOO color fix! ;) (w/o it too!).
Third point Gaming performance and Hummingbird chip=win!
Fourth point XDA Support! We are a family of more than 10 million!!
Pros of SGSl
1. Cheaper! (Big factor of our market (INDIA))
2. Comparable to its big bro i9000 but NOT its replacement ;)
3. Upgradeable to 2.3 like i9000(I hope so..have u guys got GB yet? )
Hmm.. I can live with subpar screen, also without outstanding gaming capabilities..

The XDA support is something I will *someday* miss, I suppose. I've always wanted to know what Cyanogen is all about ;)

However, between i9000 and i9003, I can't choose i9000, as it's gone extinct here in Indonesia. I was merely using i9000 as a benchmark for i9003's performance, but that's for my own personal purposes and needs :eek:

Edit:
Oh, where's my manners? Thanks again for ur input! :)

Last edited:

manrock111

May 9, 2011
Internet
gpu without any practical use.

U r right but gpu part goes to sgs. Day to day life hd mkv play important role to me. Yes our sgsl can play all available games with good framerate. But I dont think majority of people play graphic intensives games but most of people want atleat a device which can handle unconverted movies on their device. I have invest my 20k in sgsl and not happy with this news.

Otherwise this device Is great buy over sgs.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

rdr_m

May 4, 2011
Dude just check the two phones side by side and look at the display and it will be easier to decide ;-)
This is so funny.ppl keep braggin abt gamin performance of sgs.seriously dude,just check youtube and see how asphalt 6 runs on sgsl.lol.games are made in a way so that they can run on majority of the devices.they arent sgs or power vr540 exclusive.and its not computer games we are talkin abt here.like i said awesome gpu with no practical use.

rdr_m

May 4, 2011
Dude the movie playback issue is due to driver issue.not hardware.just hav patience and wait.sumthin will turn up.then agn it takes only 5 or 6 min extra for kies to convert the files without any loss of quality at all.so dont be so unhappy for that extra 5mins man.

kkrraazzyy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 24, 2009
XDA 24/7
Xiaomi Poco F1
Samsung Galaxy S10e
lol my milestone is better than sgs ...my milestone can be oc upto 1.2ghz and it has a cpu of just 600 mhz and gaming is much better on 480*854 resolution and i have got good battery life in 1400 mhz and both sgsl and milestone having ARM Cortex A8 processor, PowerVR SGX530 and the only diff. is the frequency of cpu

Last edited:

arnab_das

Apr 22, 2011
SGS has the better support developer wise. Cyanogen mod etc. end of story.

no app in the android market is gonna take advantage of the Power VR540 gpu.

OMAP is a better processor than hummingbird for heaven's sake, just because of its extensive overclocking capabilities! however on the SGSL, since OMAP cannot be overclocked i guess i'll have to give it to hummingbird.

AMOLED is awesome. period.

battery consumption on SGS is lower, due to AMOLED. hence the 1500mah battery. SGSL sucks battery life wise. SLCD is a battery hog.

conclusion? in the current scheme of things, going for SGSL makes more sense, economically, and maybe one can upgrade to SGS II next year.

gianpa

Jan 16, 2011
I was able to compare the two displays side by side and I must say that while samoled has better contrast and awesome blacks, slcd is sharper. I personally prefer sharpness to deeper black.
Besides, I'll never buy a samoled device because samoled burns so easly... in less than a year you'll have a permanent system bar on the top of the display, and this sucks if you spent 500€.

Reactions: arronov

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[i9003] and [i9000] galaxy S.

Comparison:

2. Camera of i9003 is better than i9000, really.

3. Processing of i9003 is much faster than i9000.

4. Graphics of i9000 is better.

5. Battery life of i9003 is slightly better than i9000

6. Sound quality of i9003 and i9000 is similar, tested with several headphones on both, couldn't make out any difference.

NOTE: i9003 had xxkb3 firmware and i9000 had gingerbread latest 2.3.4(xxjvp)

IF ANY MORE DOUBTS, PLEASE ASK SOON AS I JUST HAVE IT FOR SOME MORE TIME !!

This sounds strange: If screen is better then it is better. BTW the different is not only in colors, but also in:
    1. SAMOLED uses more power in white screen than SLCD (SLCD uses more power in black screen)
    2. SLCD has better sharpness because of different structures of pixels

Look at these pictures (SAMOLED is in the left side)
    http://www.gsmarena.com/showpic.php.../phone/gsmarena_006.jpg&idReview=562&idPage=2

Dude shudnt u be the one doin the research???sgsl has bt 3.0. Just google abt the cpu and u will get to kno which one is better.samoled vs slcd is a matter of personal choice.i m quite sure u hav never seen a sgsl display thats why u r so arrogant in ur remark.cause ppl who has seen both tend to go for the slcd due to usablity issues.excpt for the gpu part sgs is by no means better than sgsl.then again whats the use of such gpu when i m playin all the hd games currently available flawlessly.u may like ur sgs.but that doesnt allow u to flaunt around tryin to disrespect other peoples opinion. the sgs that r available currently are refurbished ones.so ppl who r plannin to go for sgsl,do it.u wont regret,unless u want an awesome gpu without any practical use.