Apple Says Android Oem's are abusing the patient system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nerz

Jun 19, 2008
Nice find. The I love that article. The main reason I will never buy apple. Their products are decent, not my taste but decent. Even if they came out with a great phone I would be hard pressed to put my money on a company like this.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Oh look, another biased tech site. Apple isn't abusing the patent system, they're utilizing it for its intendd purpose. There is a big difference. The fact that google steals everything is, and should be their downfall. People treat it as though they're innovating and yet everything they build and everything they utilize is stolen, to top it off the whole point of their platform is to steal your information.

Nerz

Jun 19, 2008
Oh look, another biased tech site. Apple isn't abusing the patent system, they're utilizing it for its intendd purpose. There is a big difference. The fact that google steals everything is, and should be their downfall. People treat it as though they're innovating and yet everything they build and everything they utilize is stolen, to top it off the whole point of their platform is to steal your information.

Your right apple would never steal ideas.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska

The attention whore is back! You want to talk about stealing?? Youtube search Steve Jobs on stealing. He says word for word, "Good artists copy, but great artists steal." Youre just a biased android hater. Jobs said himself that stealing is a good tactic so obviously Apple has done a lot of that.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

sygeek

This is the same Apple that has initiated a patent war with its smartphone rivals. And it's the same rival that has tried to remove competing products from the market, rather than agree to negotiate a licensing fee. And it's the same company that patented multi-touch gestures 26 years after they were invented at a research university. And it's the same company that allegedly doctored evidence in European courts to support its lawsuits against Android. And yet this company claims android-based smartphone manufacturers are abusing the patent system.

Last edited:

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
The attention whore is back! You want to talk about stealing?? Youtube search Steve Jobs on stealing. He says word for word, "Good artists copy, but great artists steal." Youre just a biased android hater. Jobs said himself that stealing is a good tactic so obviously Apple has done a lot of that.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

and again you put forth senseless insults, shocker. I'm not, nor could I ever say that apple doesn't steal, however, they also innovate. Google has failed to do this and makes it their business to steal from different hardware/software providers, and even their consumers. Google is a company founded on stealing and you all act as though you're offended by someone mentioning it.

ameedi600

Oct 12, 2010
and again you put forth senseless insults, shocker. I'm not, nor could I ever say that apple doesn't steal, however, they also innovate. Google has failed to do this and makes it their business to steal from different hardware/software providers, and even their consumers. Google is a company founded on stealing and you all act as though you're offended by someone mentioning it.

First of all Google only provides the software HTC, Samsung and other companies provide the hardware. Secondly Google android looks nothing at all like iPhone ui. IPhone is plain where as Google has customization with Widgets notifications and an open source market. Google android is so good that apple decided to implement it into there phones through ios 5, so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
First of all Google only provides the software HTC, Samsung and other companies provide the hardware. Secondly Google android looks nothing at all like iPhone ui. IPhone is plain where as Google has customization with Widgets notifications and an open source market. Google android is so good that apple decided to implement it into there phones through ios 5, so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

I'm fully aware that googlr only provides the software, the software is what is used to steal everything. You CAN customize android to look however but by default its the same boring 4x4 slab of icons and that's how your average consumer will keep it. Android looked like blackberry OS until they saw the iPhone. Android has an open source market which has made it the 2nd biggest target for malware, it is expected that almost 1/3 of android users will encounter malware on their phone within the year. The most common varieties of this malware end up adding a hefty sum to your bill, these can be found on the "open source marketplace" that you're so proud of. As for your last statement saying apple is implementing android into iOS5 the only thing they've got that was stolen was the notifications bar. I'm no apple fan, but I feel justified in calling you an idiot.

ameedi600

Oct 12, 2010
Man everything that you mention makes you sound like an apple fan. Just get the hell out of here because no one likes a whiner who *****es about Google and says he's no apple fan. If you don't like Google so much then don't use any of their products as well as their search engine. No one cares what you think and I don't care what people think of my opinions. I'm not going to keep whining about it.

08r3308

Apr 30, 2011
Funny once apple sues samsung its all ok , block their sales all good , but once apple gets hit back with same meassure then everyone else is abusing pattents.

Lets face it apple wants to put a stop on so fast and developing android phones and software, all they can is try to find loopholes and sue.

We will see where apple will be in 2 yr time and where android will be.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

wendellc

Oct 10, 2009
If it wasnt for these android oem's apples hardware specs would still remain mediocre. U can bet iphone 5 would have been iphone 4 repackaged with same hardware specs.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

xaccers

Jul 21, 2009
Milling around Milton Keynes

Hang on, in another thread your posts stated that Google do innovate (ok you were claiming that they didn't by arguing that they do innovate, but if crazy paradoxical logic is your thing, then go for it).

Gusar321

May 5, 2011
The RDF strikes again!

But this time I won't even bother with a rebuttal, it's useless anyway, in the next thread people will be spouting the same nonsense again and again.

It at least makes me a bit happy that most of the people in this thread do see it the way it *really* is - which is that Apple are being total and complete hypocrites.

I'll end with something I've asked in another thread, and of course didn't get a reply: How do you "steal" IP?

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska

Apple does not innovate. They steal many ideas and clump them into one nicely built product. However, most tech companies do take other's ideas and build on them. Apple, HTC, Samsung all feed off of eachother. However, it is a problem when Apple decides they can steal but no one else can, and thus this stupid patent war.

Reactions: Jaredsk74

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
and again you put forth senseless insults, shocker. I'm not, nor could I ever say that apple doesn't steal, however, they also innovate.

You're on some serious hallucinogenic class a sh1t if you think Apple innovate anything.

100% everything they sell is not original and was done 10 years prior. They also specifcally leave out basic features just so retards buy the next product to get what should have been in the first.

The ONLY thing Apple are good at is their marketing, And that is convincing sheep like you that they bring things new to the table. Do some fking research dude.

Eye candy/marketed well yes, Something new/innovative absolutely not!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Man everything that you mention makes you sound like an apple fan. Just get the hell out of here because no one likes a whiner who *****es about Google and says he's no apple fan. If you don't like Google so much then don't use any of their products as well as their search engine. No one cares what you think and I don't care what people think of my opinions. I'm not going to keep whining about it.

Check the link below what do you think funny or what me=FUNNY
    http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+Cries+About+Samsung+and+Motorolas+Patent+Monopoly/article22586.htm

LG O1 Running Cm7 Mik_OS 2.35
    This is the same Apple that has initiated a patent war with its smartphone rivals. And it's the same rival that has tried to remove competing products from the market, rather than agree to negotiate a licensing fee. And it's the same company that patented multi-touch gestures 26 years after they were invented at a research university. And it's the same company that allegedly doctored evidence in European courts to support its lawsuits against Android. And yet this company claims android-based smartphone manufacturers are abusing the patent system.
    Thread closed, too controversial a topic - and you guys just won't behave. So before we have a bigger flame fest - here is the lock.

Apple does not innovate. They steal many ideas and clump them into one nicely built product. However, most tech companies do take other's ideas and build on them. Apple, HTC, Samsung all feed off of eachother. However, it is a problem when Apple decides they can steal but no one else can, and thus this stupid patent war.