Question in wrong place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

romzL

Jan 20, 2011
hi guys. need some assistance. i currently have an arc s rooted, BL locked, no roms, currently .42. i had my PC companion updated and it suddenly showed me an update for .69. my question is, if i proceed with the update, will i lose root on my phone? if yes, can i still root my phone once its already on .69? won't i have any issue once the official ICS is out and i update it while im on .69 or .62 will be better? sorry for too many questions. just don't want to brick my phone by doing unnecessary updates. please advise. thanks!

zolaisugly

Mar 2, 2011
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
thanks. how would i be able to get an OTA update? or if i update via PC companion with that .69 update, is there a root process for that update?
No root available for.62 or.69(this for Germany legal issues overgmail) unless you have UNlocked bootloader,if you have unlocked bootloader do not update over the air it will brick your phone.

If bootloader is locked then use flash tools to down grade to.42 then root then update over the air to.62/.69 which ever your device gives you this way you wont lose root.

Hope this helps

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

Reactions: romzL

romzL

Jan 20, 2011
No root available for.62 or.69(this for Germany legal issues overgmail) unless you have UNlocked bootloader,if you have unlocked bootloader do not update over the air it will brick your phone.

If bootloader is locked then use flash tools to down grade to.42 then root then update over the air to.62/.69 which ever your device gives you this way you wont lose root.

Hope this helps

yes BL is locked. seems like i won't be updating my Arc S to any of those firmware since there is no root yet. thanks for the help :)

romzL

Jan 20, 2011
If bootloader is locked then you can update ota and you wont lose root,

From what I understand there is no big difference between .42 and .62/.69

not much difference? from what i have heard, .62 did have some improvement on the GB FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You lose your root if you use pc companion to update.

If you update with OTA method root stays.
    thanks. how would i be able to get an OTA update? or if i update via PC companion with that .69 update, is there a root process for that update?

Hope this helps