[Release][Linux] ModeDetect USBID Detector

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Hi guys, hope you could help out.

Will running the resurrector and Hemdall be possible on a VM (Puppy Linux) as i am running windows and don't want to dual boot as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!

No. There is a problem with S5PC110 drivers for Windows. Windows is crap. You will need to dual-boot Linux. I'd recommend Ubuntu as it is fully featured and easier for those familiar with Windows or Mac.

Reactions: JiroPrinz8

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South
No. There is a problem with S5PC110 drivers for Windows. Windows is crap. You will need to dual-boot Linux. I'd recommend Ubuntu as it is fully featured and easier for those familiar with Windows or Mac.

Thanks for the tip bud, one last question i swear, so jtag is no lobger an option on this cappy i have, as all the test points are already lifted (the last guy to do the jtag didn't know what he was doing) so my last option is doing the mod and hope that the resurrector does its magic, is this at all possible? As if i understand correctly, the mod is a whole different thing than jtag right? Appreciate your response mate.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for the tip bud, one last question i swear, so jtag is no lobger an option on this cappy i have, as all the test points are already lifted (the last guy to do the jtag didn't know what he was doing) so my last option is doing the mod and hope that the resurrector does its magic, is this at all possible? As if i understand correctly, the mod is a whole different thing than jtag right? Appreciate your response mate.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

Yep. See the "The Captivate Development Platform AKA UnBrickable Mod" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1206216

Reactions: JiroPrinz8

billkee

Mar 10, 2011
[Release][Linux] ModeDetect USBID DetectorArrow

Just wondering why the link to the USBID detector shows up with UnBrickableResurrectorR40.jar and HIBL.zip only?

Thanks and can't wait to unbrick my SGS i9000m.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
The resurrector is better than ModeDetect. I've deprecated ModeDetect in favor of moving forward with UnBrickable Resurrector. ModeDetect is now unmaintained. Use UnBrickable Resurrector. It has the same features + more modes + resurrection.

Reactions: billkee

vtp

Aug 25, 2010
Internal 16 GB SD card removable?

Does anyone know to remove the internal 16G SDcard? My was mess up now it unrecognizable and not mountable by Android. I'd to remove it or better find some way to mount it and reformat it. Any help would be appreciated.

Xperiment2012

Jan 30, 2012
Does anyone know to remove the internal 16G SDcard? My was mess up now it unrecognizable and not mountable by Android. I'd to remove it or better find some way to mount it and reformat it. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try booting into recovery and try repartitioning there. This will delete everything off of it, or another possibility is to boot into recovery and try mounting it from there and scan it for errors from a pc.

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD

If it's a Samsung, then flash movinand.mst from a stock Odin tar

Btw, @Adam
One day I was stuck on the PC - phone screen due to a bad kernel (early 3.0 port test), but I was able to download a working kernel to the device while still in that mode

Sent from my fingerz 2 ur eyez

vtp

Aug 25, 2010
I ODIN to 2.2 stock.
and yes, I try boot into recovery mode. Even in the recovery mode it still didn't recognized the internal SDcard. It report there no SDcard.
I'm now running stock 2.2 It working but there's no internal SDCard it size is 0

cdesai where can I get the movinand.mst? Can I ODIN it? It the only thing I could do.
Thank the info

sonyms

Dec 3, 2010
UnBrickable Resurrector is really amazing
I have tried it on a fully bricked SGS i9000 and was able to load firmware with heimdall

Hats off to you.
Thanks a lot.

migokgta

Apr 6, 2010
Medellin
Hi

I'm sad because I brick my phone when I update the firmware, now the phone don't power on, don't charge, don't enter to download mode :(

I tried to use this tool but I have a problem because the tool show me this

Code:
 Begin Resurrection Sequence

Requesting Permission to access device

Please wait.... Uploading..
-------------------------------------------------------------
 Hummingbird Interceptor Boot Loader (HIBL) v2.1
 Copyright (C) Rebellos 2011
SMDK42XX,S3C64XX USB Download Tool
Version 0.20 (c) 2004,2005,2006 Ben Dooks <ben-linux@fluff.org>

Interceptor Injection Complete. Injecting modified SBL

SBL Injection Failure
(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,failed to find device

the step by step of that I do:

Install a fresh copy of ubuntu x86 11.10
download and Install Java from the web
Download UnBrickable Resurrector
right click on .jar --> propierties --> permissions --> run as executable

right click --> open with Java......

phone:
battery out
battery in
plug to pc

Click Unbrick..... and pum nothig happened :(

whats wrong ?:confused::confused::confused:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Hi

I'm sad because I brick my phone when I update the firmware, now the phone don't power on, don't charge, don't enter to download mode :(

I tried to use this tool but I have a problem because the tool show me this

Code:
 Begin Resurrection Sequence

Requesting Permission to access device

Please wait.... Uploading..
 Hummingbird Interceptor Boot Loader (HIBL) v2.1
 Copyright (C) Rebellos 2011

Interceptor Injection Complete. Injecting modified SBL

SBL Injection Failure
(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,(gksudo:32239): Gtk-WARNING **: Imposible encontrar el motor de temas en la ruta al _modulo: «pixmap»,failed to find device

the step by step of that I do:

Install a fresh copy of ubuntu x86 11.10
download and Install Java from the web
Download UnBrickable Resurrector
right click on .jar --> propierties --> permissions --> run as executable

right click --> open with Java......

phone:
battery out
battery in
plug to pc

Click Unbrick..... and pum nothig happened :(

whats wrong ?:confused::confused::confused:

Try using a better USB port. A lot of the time USB hubs don't work.

ULtimaTe_

Apr 3, 2012
Ghent
Both the Mode-Detector as the Resurrector first show the S5PC110 mode but it almost immediately goes to disconnected again...

Sometimes the Resurrector *says* to have completed an that the phone is download-mode but it's reported as disconnected and the Heimdal-tool can't find it...

The phone we are trying to recover is a Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) that was flashed with a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy SII...

Anyone any good idea?

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Both the Mode-Detector as the Resurrector first show the S5PC110 mode but it almost immediately goes to disconnected again...

Sometimes the Resurrector *says* to have completed an that the phone is download-mode but it's reported as disconnected and the Heimdal-tool can't find it...

The phone we are trying to recover is a Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) that was flashed with a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy SII...

Anyone any good idea?

Sounds like a bad cable. try typing the password before plugging in the device and hold the powerbutton while the device is plugged in.

Be6i4

May 4, 2010
Sofia
Hi,

I have the same issue. The Ubuntu see the SGS phone, but It's immediately disconnected. I tried 2 different cables, tried different usb - no success. It's recognised, so I don't think It's a driver issue.
Phone is Galaxy S and is totally bricked.
Do you have an idea why the phone disconnects from Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ULtimaTe_

Apr 3, 2012
Ghent
Hi,

I have the same issue. The Ubuntu see the SGS phone, but It's immediately disconnected. I tried 2 different cables, tried different usb - no success. It's recognised, so I don't think It's a driver issue.
Phone is Galaxy S and is totally bricked.
Do you have an idea why the phone disconnects from Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance!

We managed to recover the device using a better usb cable... Maybe try another machine?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    Sometimes a device's screen can be deceiving. black-screen, white-screen, -Phone--/!\--PC. All of these can be a download mode. Sometimes a black screen brick can actually be in a rare S5PC110 development mode where you can use UnBrickable Mod without a hardware modification. ModeDetect for Linux. It will work on any Linux based OS with Java installed.

instructions:

1. Install Linux on your computer. Install Ubuntu if you don't have Linux.
    2. Ensure you have the latest version of Java.
    3. Download and run the detector here: http://code.google.com/p/hummingbird-hibl/downloads/list.

Simply remove the battery, plug in USB and insert the battery
    Try again while holding Vol+ and Vol-
    Try using a 301Kohm Jig in the USB slot with the battery inserted then plug in the USB cable.

Results:
    All you need to do is run it, and plug in your questionable device. If it shows anything besides the image below, then you're not bricked.
    1zcmypi.jpg

If it will only show the image above, then you can apply UnBrickable Mod, or JTAG to your device to recover it.

If it shows this, regardless of what's on your screen, you're in download mode:
    2qnurzn.png

If it shows this, regardless of what's on your screen, you can use UnBrickable Mod to recover it.
    t9waci.jpg

Currently the supported modes are:
    S5PC110 (UnBrickable Mod)
    Download Mode
    Samsung Kies mode
    Media Player mode
    Mass Storage device
    ADB debug mode
    Samsung GMO Modem
    Fastboot mode

Conclusion:
    I hope this helps someone. Mode Detector is a simple app which looks at the lsusb device IDs and gives a nice GUI front-end for interpenetration of the results. This app should be the last thing you play with before you decide to open it, or send it in for repair.
    Any ideas?
    Code:
    $ java -jar UnBrickDetector.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/application/SingleFrameApplication
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
    	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
    	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdesktop.application.SingleFrameApplication
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
    	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    	... 11 more
    Could not find the main class: com.AdamOutler.UnBrickDetector.UnBrickDetectorApp. Program will exit.
    Ya the new Mode-Detector.jar worked fine.
    Its just the usb + vm, not so much :p

Linux is the best primary OS. Everything works with Linux, at least to the extent that it can be passed to a virtual machine without problems
    This is not anywhere as nice as Adam's app, but desperate Windows users might like it.
    It's the old UsbView.exe from Microsoft, built and archived on FTDI's website.
    You can get some info on what is connected to the USB port.
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities/usbview.zip
    good luck getting decent performance in a VM for gaming (im not talking about facebook bejeweled, im talking about MW3, Black Ops, BF3, etc

gaming is the only reason i still have a desktop running windows :mad:

i use virtualbox on my windows machine for some vms
    i use vmware workstation on my laptop (running ubuntu 10.10 64bit) to run windows 7 pro 64bit vm when i need it. i can do some basic gaming on there, but it would die if i tried to run call of duty.

If you have enough memory you will not notice much of a difference. I don't. Install 3d extensions and allocate as many processor cores to it as possible. Enable all the options. Its a slight slowdown but nothing noticeable.

I have a quad core i5 with 12gigs of memory and a nVidia 200 series video card. It works well.