[ROM] Discontinued [Classicnerd ICS / Pre Alpha JB 4.2.1] Butta HD [12-30-12]

Search This thread

Kiersten_Kress

Mar 18, 2012
Why don't you just download Clock Sync and use that to set up your time, date and time zone. You can set it to sync your clock every time you boot up.

Just found the ClockSync app and will give it a try.

The only problem is that I rarely reboot my Touchpad. (probably once a week at the most, and only because Classicnerd rebooted by itself for no apparent reason) :)

bbkmods

Aug 29, 2009
Someone please explain this to me. There are really only two items left to solve on the Touchpad, the audio distortion when display is off and the camera functionality. Having only these two items left, has been like this for sometime now. I see that Classicnerd seems to have solved the audio problem in their Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.1 rom, but now have gone backwards in the development with Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.2 rom, because the audio problem comes back. I don't seem to be hearing to much chatter in any of the forums about this, and I believe solving the audio problem throughout ALL the different roms out there should be a big deal. No one seems to care all that much about the camera, which is one of the reasons it hasn't been solved yet. So really the audio fix, for most of us, is the last thing to get worked out and the we can all start enjoying our tablet instead of constantly changing/trying different developer's roms.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Reactions: Root-Maniac

ewalk4866

Aug 13, 2010
chicago
Someone please explain this to me. There are really only two items left to solve on the Touchpad, the audio distortion when display is off and the camera functionality. Having only these two items left, has been like this for sometime now. I see that Classicnerd seems to have solved the audio problem in their Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.1 rom, but now have gone backwards in the development with Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.2 rom, because the audio problem comes back. I don't seem to be hearing to much chatter in any of the forums about this, and I believe solving the audio problem throughout ALL the different roms out there should be a big deal. No one seems to care all that much about the camera, which is one of the reasons it hasn't been solved yet. So really the audio fix, for most of us, is the last thing to get worked out and the we can all start enjoying our tablet instead of constantly changing/trying different developer's roms.

So where do u see Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.2? I'm a tester and never saw this version before. the last one they released was Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.1 that fixed the audio problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: brorex

bbkmods

Aug 29, 2009
So where do u see Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.2? I'm a tester and never saw this version before. the last one they released was Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.1 that fixed the audio problem.

Oops. I named them wrong. Should be Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.01 audio works, and the newer Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02 audio does not. I don't know how I did that. Lol

ewalk4866

Aug 13, 2010
chicago

rbarkus

Aug 13, 2011
Since updating to the new version with the sound fixed, my WiFi has been borked. It will be connected and work for a few minutes, but then I won't be able to connect to any website or anything, even though it still says its connected to the network. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, sometimes I can't get it without rewiping and reinstalling. Has anybody else had this problem?

I'm seeing the same thing on the latest version, but not as frequently as you are. (Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.1) I didn't have this problem before this version.

What has fixed it for me is to go to "settings," turn off Wi-Fi and wait for it to really turn off, then turn Wi-Fi back on in the same screen. So far, it's worked every time.

I can't see any pattern to the Wi-Fi "frozen" problem. It has appeared randomly maybe 4 times in 10 hours of use. The settings screen indicates that Wi-Fi is connected, but the browsers/programs say that there is no Wi-Fi connection.

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.

+100

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

foolforfood

Dec 30, 2009
Greenville SC
I'm seeing the same thing on the latest version, but not as frequently as you are. (Classicnerd-Butta-0.1.0-v4.02.1) I didn't have this problem before this version.

What has fixed it for me is to go to "settings," turn off Wi-Fi and wait for it to really turn off, then turn Wi-Fi back on in the same screen. So far, it's worked every time.

I can't see any pattern to the Wi-Fi "frozen" problem. It has appeared randomly maybe 4 times in 10 hours of use. The settings screen indicates that Wi-Fi is connected, but the browsers/programs say that there is no Wi-Fi connection.

Yeah, that would work, but for me it was every 5 minutes, so I sucked it up and went back a version, no problem now. I don't use the speakers often so the audio isn't a huge issue for me, but wifi is essential. Btw, its so smooth. Loving it.

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN

There are multiple explanations to this. The major being how our git varies from cm or aokp. When we try to implement their patch for hd video fix, we run in to multiple problems with the omx libs. This could happen when they go to implement our audio changes as well, not with omx but with other libs compiling during build. No two ecosystems are the same so they can't be treated the same.

But remember, while audio fix is needed for cm build, hd video is needed for our build which I plan on spending most of my time trying to fix. So there seems to be a push to get cm fixed, why not the same push and help to get our hd fixed? No one is really helping us get that cranked out.

The last release as far as i know the audio works just fine. Please show me which latestest ur referring to that has broken audio?

I have reached out to jcsullins to offer a helping hand with their audio. Hang tight cause this isn't a very good week for me working on any git due to many open projects both here and at work preparing for vacation next week.

Thanks
Leo

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

egrus

Oct 18, 2009
New York

+1

egrus

Oct 18, 2009
New York
I take it you didn't bother reading my response? Lol

Thanks!
I also wonder why there's no camera interest anymore. To me, it's the only deal breaker since it could be used in many creative ways, regardless of its low resolution, but not a major complaint. Are there any developers that could deal with a driver? How hard would be to modify the one from CM7? Just thinking that with all this talent here there must be someone to make a breakthrough : )

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Thanks!
I also wonder why there's no camera interest anymore. To me, it's the only deal breaker since it could be used in many creative ways, regardless of its low resolution, but not a major complaint. Are there any developers that could deal with a driver? How hard would be to modify the one from CM7? Just thinking that with all this talent here there must be someone to make a breakthrough : )

Yeah, camera is a whole nother dinosaur. But, that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. I believe a couple more devs are gonna jump in and help. I know one of them is good with camera stuff in the past so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Sychodrama

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks alot Leo for explaining what's been going on. I've been kinda wondering about the HD video thing. The camera and fixed audio will be awesome too. This thing will be perfect after that. I can't wait!:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reserved.

Thanks,
    ~leo
    Hello my fellow classicnerdians,

I just wanted to take this time and talk a little about how we can start being more possitive and less cut throat on some of the new people joining our club.

While a lot of us know that we are a bunch of sarcastic, egotistical, snobbish, nerds, they may not understand 99.9% of the time we are just kidding around. Being a sacastic SOB myself, I sit back and laugh usually. But lets try to turn this ship in the right direction please.

Something I'm considering is to close this thread and start a new one in the next day or two when we drop our ROM for the masses. Why? Well people really would have to fish thru 30 pages of not much related to developement. Also, people are starting to email and pm me pretty much with a bad taste all together from some negative comments.

Heres what I would like to see. Be more positive. Kindly just answer the questions and move on. If its a troll, let's all just pm them and keep the banter down in the thread. Chat like usual but also remember, we are here to developed, abreast question, and help. We do have a fantastic chatroom where we can kick off the shoes and give each other crap.

In the days ahead, we will be expecting a 1,000's of downloads daily and a lot more chat about this ROM verses that ROM. We need to remember, even though its officially our source, its forked from evervolv, who's forked from cm, and team kang is forked from cm. So these ROMs are very similar. Our source will become Modded with all the tricks we can possible make which may give a different approach to the ROM. But keep in mind, we need cm, we need evervolv, we need team kang, and we need all of you to help this community by setting an example of positivity, by choosing to be a leader not a follower, by helping, not slamming. Answer the question and move on. If its been addressed, let it die.

I promised you guys that all donations would be used wisely and they have been. You've assembled a team I'm proud to call my friends, ones that are willing to answer questions at 3am cause I'm stuck. I'm a sense dev at heart, but now am becoming a source dev thanks mainly because of you guys trusting and believing in my abilities so much, now I have confidense to run with the big dogs. I ask you guys do the same.

Thank you all so much. Serious. I won't forget how I got to where I'm at. I just want us to be an example for how a thread should be.

Thanks for listening.

Leo

You know what just post it here! Let everyone enjoy!

Maybe just throw it up here and not op yet til tomorrow.

:)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

kk, i was uploading this to mediafire anyway....saving the official release for the website. Sounds good. Consider this the place for the download link.

Download Link

If you are coming from a previous version of classicnerd ICS, you should just be able to wipe cache and flash rom, then flash gapps and ur set. Coming from another rom will require a factory reset, followed by the directions above. Enjoy!

MD5 Link

Guys/Gals Make sure you hit your thanks button to everyone who's helped bring this in to existance.

TommyTomato, Me, CM, Evervolv, Harsh, Misfit, Mindsplit, ewalk, Chubbzlou, TMartin, AOKP, and more.... It's taken awhile to bring this to you but it's a really bad a$$ rom.
    you'll be happy to know that the classicnerd aosp repo is nearly completely.

I have 98% of code uploaded to github. preview here - nothing to checkout yet

I spent a good half of today getting this together. It's going to be a fun experiment.

I am going to do some final revisions and then we will post instructions for how to download then compile your own.

Beginning with the next build we have changelog, bug tracker, et cetera. Being that this is officially our source we finally feel comfortable releasing publicly as our own.

This said......

I cannot give enough thanks and love to dalingrin (on behalf of cm team) and preludedrew (on behalf of evervolv), and also AOKP. I (nor anyone else on classicnerd, I would hope) claim to be pros. But the three parties I mentioned are pros. I thank these guys for doing everything they've done thus far, and if you want to show anyone love these guys deserve it. We are in this for fun and thus far it has been a learning experience (especially since most of us are sense-devs). Once everything is up and official I will post a list of every piece of code borrowed.

I (on behalf of Classicnerd) hope you guys will enjoy what we offer. I look forward to some vanilla flavored Ice cream sammiches.

Good night everyone!
    I wanted to take some time here and say thanks to you all. Not every day can an average Joe step in to xda and start learning aosp. I have to give a tremendous amount of credit to two people who really helped explain things to get the ball rolling. Those would be Preludedrew and tommytomatoe.

The driving force behind such a project has always been the kind people in here. It would take all day to name everyone, but you who you are!

The decision to discontinue CN was mainly not having time. I've been hard at work trying to get myself in a position to move in to the upper management role at work and its quite a process. So by the time I get done putting in 50-55 hrs a week, there isn't much time for my family. As many may know, having a 5 yr old boy will want a lot of attention which is well needed by both of us. Thankfully my wife has been able to keep the house in order so I can work on my career.

To the others that just like to cause crap, and we all know who you are, its been a pleasure not reading your spam....lol. Not arguing with you, or defending our work because you CANT contribute to this wonderful forum, has been equally rewarding. I really hope XDA admins ban ever one of the trolls or trouble starters. There is too much drama to even worry about it. Family and life are way more important.

Thanks again for everything. Take care

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app