[MOD] Removing Mini Apps / Mini Apps "Arrow"

Search This thread

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
So, I don't know if everyone feels the same way I do, but on a 7" tablet I don't see myself using the "Mini Apps" that often so I went through and found a way to remove the Mini Apps application and the Mini Apps themselves.

Basically it just involves deleting these:

Any apps in System/app that has "Mini" in its name (Including minimode-res.apk).

Next remove System/framework/minimode.jar

Now the miniapps should be completely removed from your system after a reboot including the program that opens them and the arrow on the system bar. If you would like them back just reflash your current ROM or restore the backup THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE!

Obviously if anything goes wrong it's not my fault including:

Thermonuclear War
Attack of the Unicorns
You'r tablet melting
Any divorces in your life
Etc.

Here is what it looks like afterwards. Screenshot_2012-06-04-16-49-59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tonysohn

Sep 24, 2010
Baltimore
So, I don't know if everyone feels the same way I do, but on a 7" tablet I don't see myself using the "Mini Apps" that often so I went through and found a way to remove the Mini Apps application and the Mini Apps themselves.

Any apps in System/app that has "Mini" in its name (Including minimode-res.apk).

Now the miniapps should be completely removed from your system after a reboot including the program that opens them and the arrow on the system bar. If you would like them back just reflash your current ROM or restore the backup THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE!

Thermonuclear War
Attack of the Unicorns
You'r tablet melting
Etc.

Excellent. This will be very helpful for the devs creating ROMs as well.

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Indeed. It's already included in Fry ROM v4. I'm still testing it out and will commit more changes before release, but it's working. Great find.

Thanks,
C.

iso1600

Sep 28, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Our you could just rename them to be safe... Not have to make a backup.
Add like a 1 to each files name.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

machos1

Jan 17, 2012
yonkers NY
Thanks..I didn't really know what to do with that and I had to be extra careful whenever I wanted to touch menu button..
Perfect now
Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda premium

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
I need a screen capture apk that will restore the capture button for my P3110. Could someone please share that with me?

Cheers.

greeny2010

Dec 21, 2010
BPJ

Thermonuclear War
Attack of the Unicorns
You'r tablet melting
Etc.

Here is what it looks like afterwards. View attachment 1106892

Thanks pal ... :good: This is what I'm searching for.

Reactions: kusala

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012

Thanks man for the help. Need to remove some of those annoying ones on the bottom now that I've upgraded to JB. Hopefully this comes out looking smooth.

EDIT: doesn't work on JB official ROM when trying to delete the files. Even tried it in Root Explorer mounted as r/o

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

thesquaredone

Dec 23, 2010
Just tried this method on a stock (but freshly rooted) GTab2 7.0 P3113. All is well on the mini-apps window not launching part. The arrow is still there. This doesnt bother me as long as nothing happens when I hit the arrow (usually by mistake). Thanks for the tutorial. I rooted to specifically resolve this issue. Thanks again!

krupukalengan

May 17, 2012
i did this on my Sungsonic HD. looking good now. i didn't need those mini apps. always showed up when I typing, my finger did that :D but i wasnt delete those. just moved them. thx. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Waxwrong

Sep 1, 2010
Nong Khai, Thailand
Just tried this method on a stock (but freshly rooted) GTab2 7.0 P3113. All is well on the mini-apps window not launching part. The arrow is still there. This doesnt bother me as long as nothing happens when I hit the arrow (usually by mistake). Thanks for the tutorial. I rooted to specifically resolve this issue. Thanks again!

'Ditto' on the arrow still appearing on 4.1.2 but unlike you I would like to delete it. Any help out there for this issue?

Sent from my w30hd(QuadCore) using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thermonuclear War
    Attack of the Unicorns
    You'r tablet melting
    Etc.

Here is what it looks like afterwards. Screenshot_2012-06-04-16-49-59.jpg
    I have posted a patch here for SystemUI.apk that makes the "arrow" disappear and none of the other system applications will be adversely affected (ie; video player still works). You should not remove any "mini" applications or libraries because it will cause problems with other Touchwiz apps that still depend on them. Just patch the SystemUI.apk and you will never see the mini apps again.
    Quick question... This zip will work on stock rooted or just on the microdelta rom?
    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Both.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD
    Hy. And what if i want to add mini apps? How can i do that? If somebody knows pls tell me:)

Thermonuclear War
    Attack of the Unicorns
    You'r tablet melting
    Etc.

Here is what it looks like afterwards. View attachment 1106892

Thanks pal ... :good: This is what I'm searching for.