Mediaserver battery drain solved

Search This thread

spromper

Jan 15, 2012
Hey guys,

I got my xperia t yesterday and i immediatly updated it to jelly bean. Ive done 3 full charges already and mediaserver keeps draining my battery. I put in an empty sd card and ive only got a few photos. Does this go away after a few days or should i do something about it?

I think I solved it. I read in the nexus4 forum that disabling keyboard sounds and/or system sounds could help. Maybe it's to soon to tell but I think it worked.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
Odp: Mediaserver battery drain

In my case Mediaserver stands ONLY for any app that plays music when the screen is off. So for me it's PowerAMP.

spromper

Jan 15, 2012
Re: Mediaserver battery drain

Let it settle for a few days. It will get better. This is normal behaviour

Okay i hope you're right. Battery is still pretty good though even with the mediaserver draining it. I find it a great phone already!

spromper

Jan 15, 2012

Mm it's been three days now and somewhere.around 7 charges and mediaserver is still draining my battery. Is this still normal? Should i leave the device on as long as possible to let it settle? Or should.i reboot every day?

oddeceed

Feb 9, 2012
Mm it's been three days now and somewhere.around 7 charges and mediaserver is still draining my battery. Is this still normal? Should i leave the device on as long as possible to let it settle? Or should.i reboot every day?

rebooting everyday is a little extreme i reboot about once a week it takes a couple of hours for the system to settle again but i have to charge almost twice a day once fully and once a quick top me up 20 - 30 minutes max and that gets me through the day listening to music allday through a bluetooth headset phone calls texts internet and gaming

Reactions: spromper

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz

This is really strange. It shouldn't be that way.

Well if you want, you could try repairing the software using PCCompanion or Sony Update Service. And then check if the problem still exist.

Reactions: spromper

spromper

Jan 15, 2012

It's slowly getting better im just going to wait a couple more days. Screen is highest consumer now instead of mediaserver but its still high.

Whatsinthebox

Mar 7, 2013

I was having the same problem. I found that when I removed the music widget from the home the drain stopped. It worked for me hope it works for you

spromper

Jan 15, 2012

I was having the same problem. I found that when I removed the music widget from the home the drain stopped. It worked for me hope it works for you

Thanks, i tried it but it doesnt work. the drain actually got worse this morning. It's using 50% now. I think im going to try and flash ics tomorrow. What's the latest ics firmware for the T?

wednesday13

Nov 11, 2010

Thanks, i tried it but it doesnt work. the drain actually got worse this morning. It's using 50% now. I think im going to try and flash ics tomorrow. What's the latest ics firmware for the T?

If youre on root, download rescan media root. Disable automatic scanning.

Then download rescan media to rescan manually.

Both are available on play store

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2

spromper

Jan 15, 2012

I think I solved it. I read in the nexus4 forum that disabling keyboard sounds and/or system sounds could help. Maybe it's to soon to tell but I think it worked.

Reactions: thedisturbedone

Kirandev

Feb 28, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3

I can't believe this, disabling system sounds actually working for me.
I've never seen media server at 2 percent.

Sent from my LT29i.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362768851049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362768851049.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,106
Reactions: thedisturbedone

Tinup93

Oct 6, 2012
Cairo
?!

is it realy working ?
so should i even disable Dial pad touch tones and screen lock sound,touch sounds ?

what about vibration?

Tinup93

Oct 6, 2012
Cairo
media server

my media server just went down straight to 7% after 100% usage on bar with android system 7% too is that still good ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let it settle for a few days. It will get better. This is normal behaviour

rebooting everyday is a little extreme i reboot about once a week it takes a couple of hours for the system to settle again but i have to charge almost twice a day once fully and once a quick top me up 20 - 30 minutes max and that gets me through the day listening to music allday through a bluetooth headset phone calls texts internet and gaming

This is really strange. It shouldn't be that way.

Well if you want, you could try repairing the software using PCCompanion or Sony Update Service. And then check if the problem still exist.

I can't believe this, disabling system sounds actually working for me.
    I've never seen media server at 2 percent.

Sent from my LT29i.