Worst galaxy ever?

Search This thread

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Check and make sure you don't have power saving enabled. That caused the issue on my s5, being that it under clocked the cpu.

Having your cpu set too low as a minimum value will also increase wake time and loading of apps.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

livito

Mar 14, 2010
Brooklyn
Check and make sure you don't have power saving enabled. That caused the issue on my s5, being that it under clocked the cpu.

Having your cpu set too low as a minimum value will also increase wake time and loading of apps.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks, but that was the first thing I checked

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
This seems to stop screen black out!

Exactly, onlast Sunday every time I locked the screen it would never wakeup, I had to remove the battery like 3 times, it has been OK for the las 2 days though, but this is frustrating, I mean, I haven't even rooted the phone yet, I read that 4.4.3 is on its way, hope that addresses these performance issues.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium HD app

Set the microsoft exchange server to manual. I did this from another persons suggestion and so far, no black screen. If I do encounter the problem again I will post and then fork out the cash for a samsung SD card, which I've read could be the problem as well.:fingers-crossed:
Update It came back after streaming Pandora for a few hours today through my Bluetooth sound system in car.

Last edited:

SeaFractor

Jun 16, 2011
SeaTac
best samsung ever

I've had mine for some time and enjoy it even more than first purchased. Using a 32 microSD that is class 10 with excellent results.

If it broke, I would buy it again.

Best Samsung in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about the problems, but clearly not for everyone.

Have the update as well and the upload and download are still fast for me.

krntehknik303

Nov 5, 2010
Aurora
Lag issue only happened to me once today when I was trying to pick up a phone call.. it was pretty damn random. It froze up my phone pretty bad to the point that I had to restart my phone.
The only real problem I see for me is that I don't get text messages right away and sometimes I don't get picture messages either. Also, I would lose data connection time to time, I think that might be related to the area that I am currently living. Another thing that concerns me time to time is that my phone would get pretty hot. I mean to the point where I can feel my leg warm up and start to sweat at work.. It's weird. At first I had a battery saving app and it was pretty persistent with the app turned on, but once I removed it the phone worked with no problems. Now, it just randomly gets hot time to time in my pocket.. I heard that the ANE5 update was pushed back because they had some issues with it. My 2 week return date is over I believe, so I guess I can root my phone and flash an international stock rom.

livito

Mar 14, 2010
Brooklyn
On paper this is the best galaxy s ever, we all know that, but I have had this phone for 2 weeks now, and I have had the worst android experience on any phone, I had owned every phone on the galaxy s line since the beginning.
I haven't seen any phone with more lags or software flaws than this one.
To begin, the wakeup lag, sometimes more than 10 secs for the phone to wakeup.
The sd card read/write lag, I change my sd card to a Samsung top notch one, and the lag is still noticeable.
Memory issues, I recreates thisnissues in may ways, open up a game (plants vs zombies 2) play for a couple of mins, lock the phone, and see if you can weke it up.
I noticed a bit more smotthnes after the updatw but still the performance on this phone is just awful.
I hope this is an isolated issue, but I have seen a lot of people complaining about the lag as well.

Looks like most of these issues were addressed on the latest update (NE6), I notice the phone much more responsive now.

NghtWachman

Nov 1, 2012
The Center, Texas
No issue here to report

I've had this phone for two almost three months now and I have to say, I've not had any problems with the phone whatsoever.

My phone was rooted two weeks after I got it and can honestly say that I've been really happy with it so far, everything is working
except privacy mode which I understand you loose that once your device is rooted and some apps that I'm having problems with, but
is from Chainfire SuperSU which I'm hoping to fixc soon.

Besides the SuperSU glitch, I've been very very happy.

Sorry to hear about your problems but I'm beginning to feel convinced that this device may not be for everyone.

:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: 'Murica
May 24, 2014
NYC, NY
Forgot to add the connection issues, I use the subway a lot, I have to put the phone in airplane mode and off to get reception back after getting off the subway, otherwise it will not refresh the connection by itself.

I have noticed that the NE6 fixed this problem for me. Before, it would always show that I had an LTE connection, even underground. Now it's MUCH more accurate.

HOWEVER, I'm still having drop-outs like crazy. Still have to put it into airplane mode and off to get a signal sometimes. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On paper this is the best galaxy s ever, we all know that, but I have had this phone for 2 weeks now, and I have had the worst android experience on any phone, I had owned every phone on the galaxy s line since the beginning.
    I haven't seen any phone with more lags or software flaws than this one.
    To begin, the wakeup lag, sometimes more than 10 secs for the phone to wakeup.
    The sd card read/write lag, I change my sd card to a Samsung top notch one, and the lag is still noticeable.
    Memory issues, I recreates thisnissues in may ways, open up a game (plants vs zombies 2) play for a couple of mins, lock the phone, and see if you can weke it up.
    I noticed a bit more smotthnes after the updatw but still the performance on this phone is just awful.
    I hope this is an isolated issue, but I have seen a lot of people complaining about the lag as well.

Forgot to add the connection issues, I use the subway a lot, I have to put the phone in airplane mode and off to get reception back after getting off the subway, otherwise it will not refresh the connection by itself.

No issue here to report

I've had this phone for two almost three months now and I have to say, I've not had any problems with the phone whatsoever.

My phone was rooted two weeks after I got it and can honestly say that I've been really happy with it so far, everything is working
    except privacy mode which I understand you loose that once your device is rooted and some apps that I'm having problems with, but
    is from Chainfire SuperSU which I'm hoping to fixc soon.

Besides the SuperSU glitch, I've been very very happy.

Sorry to hear about your problems but I'm beginning to feel convinced that this device may not be for everyone.

:good: