HD Wallpaper Template

Search This thread

scottw714

Jun 5, 2011
I started a new post because the other template wallpaper threads are not accurate. This template will not scale and has layers of both landscape and portrait home screen outlines. I also made a layer with the landscape icon grid for adjusting backgrounds to match icon placement.

I made this template through trial and error.

The template is in .psd format.
There are 6 layers.
- 1 Landscape homepage outline (Green)
- 2 Portrait homepage outline (Red)
- 3 Landscape Icon Grid (White)
- 4 Test border (Red) used to test borders.
- 5 Wallpaper Dead Space (Greenish, used to show dead space)
- 6 Background (Dark Grey)

To use in GIMP. After opening template, goto file, open as layer. make sure opened layer is between 4 & 5th layers. Align, turn off visibility to all layers but 5 & 6, then save as a png.

Upload to tab and use stock Gallery and stretch as far as possible.

Again, the green is dead space, it will not appear once loaded.

TEMPLATE

Thumbs of template:

500.png

505.png

Here are a couple of wallpapers, not great wallpapers, but HD images to show the power of our screens.
Google Storage with More Images

I just removed the other images, they are too big, they can be found at the link above.

1007.png

Last edited:

karlkarloff

Jan 2, 2011
Boone, North Carolina
i was gonna use your template to make my own wallpaper, but I found the one you made with the record and it was pretty much what I was gonna make anyway, so I totally stole it! Seriously though, thanks a bunch! you are awesome.

scottw714

Jun 5, 2011
Post an image or a link, and I'll make a wallpaper and post it. Has to be at least 1920x1080.
1920x1200 works better if you use portrait mode.

Glad to hear it's getting used.

Give me some thanks if you like it.

Much appreciated.

Reactions: ahhazazi

proxonic

May 8, 2011
i found on my Iconia very strange behavior

ROM HV 1.2 with Richard's Kernel 3.4

I just took one of your wallpapers (i tried as well others) and put on my home screen and directly after that i saw small pieces of those green corners on my tablet in every corner - but only on the last left or right screen - in landscape - in portrait was ok.

But after reboot - green pieces where gone and the wallpaper looks great.

Strange.

hroberts89436

Feb 13, 2008
Wallpaper Help

Hi, Scott,

I have tried to use your template here but I'm not having any luck getting this to do what I want, I have attached the image would you be so kind as taking a look at it and if possible fitting it to within your template. I would like it to be perfectly centered so that if in landscape or portrait it is perfectly in the middle, with a light blue background on the image.

Thanks for looking at this.

Attachments

• 3000003544.jpg
    3000003544.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 184

scottw714

Jun 5, 2011
No Problem

Hope this works, I took some liberties.

The easiest way to get an image is to open it some sort of editor and make the dimensions 1918 x 1406.

My template was for the original ROM, I have since change several times and for whatever reason, each ROM is a little different. I believe the template I used was right, but if not let me know what the issues is, namely some of the green is showing up and I will see what i can do.

If you like, hit the 'Thanks' button.

Scott

Here Here & Here

hroberts89436

Feb 13, 2008
Those are all awesome. I do have some green... In Landscape, I have some green on the bottom in the far right and left screen. In Portrait I have green on the bottom on all screens

I also notice that when I expand the crop picture the interior lines do not match up to the edge of the green, should they?
Thanks

Harold

nitodu

Dec 18, 2010
dude! i don´t know how to make this works...
0 knowledge about design programs...

if you can make this pictures a nice wallpaper with your template i will be forever in your gratitude.

http://www.kamranweb.com/photos/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/beach-life-widescreen-wallpapers-02.jpg

http://ocean-wallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpapers/Beach-Chair-Ocean-Wallpaper.jpg

http://ocean-wallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpapers/Sand-Beach-With-House-Ocean-Wallpaper.jpg

thanks dude i would really apreciated!!!
(sorry for my english)

scottw714

Jun 5, 2011
Wallpapers

I redid the book Wallpapers and created the beach wallpapers.

The beach ones don't work well because the focal point is not centered and the entire purpose of the template is to not rescale an image and lose definition, I am not really interested in doing something that can be done in Paint. Take 20 mins and figure it out, or better yet, take 5 mins and Google the right resolution.

Attachments

• beach.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 53
  • book.zip
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 38

scottw714

Jun 5, 2011
Just load it then.

I thin the actual no scaling resolution is 1918x1406, but it won't matter fro that image because it's not HD.

scottw714

Jun 5, 2011
Damn kjy, wish I would have had that info long ago.

I got my dimensions by trial and error, using a magnifying glass to see exactly where the borders were, looks like i was off a pixel or two.

Thanks for the info and sorry nitudo for giving out bad info.

K

kjy2010

Damn kjy, wish I would have had that info long ago.

I got my dimensions by trial and error, using a magnifying glass to see exactly where the borders were, looks like i was off a pixel or two.

Thanks for the info and sorry nitudo for giving out bad info.

He he all you had to do was go into the launcher2.apk, pull one of the stock wallpapers out, and open it in Photoshop to get the correct Res. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I started a new post because the other template wallpaper threads are not accurate. This template will not scale and has layers of both landscape and portrait home screen outlines. I also made a layer with the landscape icon grid for adjusting backgrounds to match icon placement.

I made this template through trial and error.

The template is in .psd format.
    There are 6 layers.
    - 1 Landscape homepage outline (Green)
    - 2 Portrait homepage outline (Red)
    - 3 Landscape Icon Grid (White)
    - 4 Test border (Red) used to test borders.
    - 5 Wallpaper Dead Space (Greenish, used to show dead space)
    - 6 Background (Dark Grey)

To use in GIMP. After opening template, goto file, open as layer. make sure opened layer is between 4 & 5th layers. Align, turn off visibility to all layers but 5 & 6, then save as a png.

Upload to tab and use stock Gallery and stretch as far as possible.

Again, the green is dead space, it will not appear once loaded.

TEMPLATE

Thumbs of template:

500.png

505.png

Here are a couple of wallpapers, not great wallpapers, but HD images to show the power of our screens.
    Google Storage with More Images

I just removed the other images, they are too big, they can be found at the link above.

1007.png
    No Problem

Hope this works, I took some liberties.

The easiest way to get an image is to open it some sort of editor and make the dimensions 1918 x 1406.

My template was for the original ROM, I have since change several times and for whatever reason, each ROM is a little different. I believe the template I used was right, but if not let me know what the issues is, namely some of the green is showing up and I will see what i can do.

If you like, hit the 'Thanks' button.

Scott

Here Here & Here
    Great work, Honeycomb's useless wallpaper picker is my biggest complaint with it, this will be very helpful.
    Cool

Excactly what I needed! :)
    thanks a lot, lot lot, very good work

very useful !!!!