connecting to ad-hoc

Search This thread

rirozizo

i've searched and searched and searched and didn't find anything...

i need a real solution for having the htc vision connecting to ad-hoc networks..... i have tried the solution of dell streak 5 (not that i have it) they actually replaced the wpa_supplicant file in the system directory to make it work... tried it and the wifi didn't even turn on on the desire z...

so is there any solution? i don't care if its complicated...

———————————————
sent from a phone... 'nuf said ;)
btw... justin bieber sucks
———————————————

turbo.chris

Apr 15, 2011

i need a real solution for having the htc vision connecting to ad-hoc networks..... i have tried the solution of dell streak 5 (not that i have it) they actually replaced the wpa_supplicant file in the system directory to make it work... tried it and the wifi didn't even turn on on the desire z...

———————————————
———————————————

Hi Riro Zizo,

I'm using Virtuous Sense 2.0 and I've replaced my wpa_supplicant file with the wpa_supplicant file of Cyanogenmod 7, which includes ad-hoc by default. This works without any problem. Maybe the wpa_supplicant binary of the dell streak is incompatible with your rom.

I've just uploaded my wpa_supplicant, you can find it here: multiupload.com/AL8XOFAWUU

Maybe this one works for you :)

good luck!

Reactions: rirozizo

rirozizo

thanks... but it didn't work... i replaced the old wpa_supplicant from /system/bin/ with your file... rebooted, and the wifi didn't even turn on

so i deleted the ".bin" from the file... and the wifi turned on... but didn't search for APs... so i undo all the steps, and went back to stock wpa_supplicant with no ad-hoc...

bump :)

———————————————
———————————————

A_Elizondo

Apr 8, 2012
solution?

I had a similar issue, make sure you set the permissions correctly I believe its 755 and also chown the file to system.wifi

thanks... but it didn't work... i replaced the old wpa_supplicant from /system/bin/ with your file... rebooted, and the wifi didn't even turn on

so i deleted the ".bin" from the file... and the wifi turned on... but didn't search for APs... so i undo all the steps, and went back to stock wpa_supplicant with no ad-hoc...

bump :)

———————————————
———————————————

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

———————————————
    ———————————————

Hi Riro Zizo,

I'm using Virtuous Sense 2.0 and I've replaced my wpa_supplicant file with the wpa_supplicant file of Cyanogenmod 7, which includes ad-hoc by default. This works without any problem. Maybe the wpa_supplicant binary of the dell streak is incompatible with your rom.

I've just uploaded my wpa_supplicant, you can find it here: multiupload.com/AL8XOFAWUU

Maybe this one works for you :)

good luck!