Kindle Fire Utility crashed mid root...

Search This thread

boazjuggalo

Apr 27, 2011
I have system version 6.3 and was using KFU 0.9.5.

I ran KFU for the first time, hit 2 and pressed enter.

It rebooted into TWR, the cmd window said that it was installing TWR and gave the "if freezes just wait, yadda yadda yadda" so i went and took a shower, came back and had a "cmd has quit responding (force close) (wait)" and i hit wait about 5 times and it kept doing it all over. Finally hit force close and now the kindle won't do anything.

When I power it on I get the yellow triangle with the fire in it. No other screen, just on this screen forever.

How can i fix from here?

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
I have system version 6.3 and was using KFU 0.9.5.

I ran KFU for the first time, hit 2 and pressed enter.

It rebooted into TWR, the cmd window said that it was installing TWR and gave the "if freezes just wait, yadda yadda yadda" so i went and took a shower, came back and had a "cmd has quit responding (force close) (wait)" and i hit wait about 5 times and it kept doing it all over. Finally hit force close and now the kindle won't do anything.

When I power it on I get the yellow triangle with the fire in it. No other screen, just on this screen forever.

How can i fix from here?

Power it off then on when you get to the yellow triangle hold the power button down till it turns orange this will put you in twrp before doing anything make a backup only for kicks and giggles cause likely there will be something wrong with this backup then hit factory/ data restore clear cache and dalvik then hit reboot this will wipe all your personal data and apps so you will need to reregister and download your purchases again but maybe this is enough to get you past whatever is stoping it from booting up right unless of course you have a previous restore point from rooting before then restore that before rebooting

boazjuggalo

Apr 27, 2011
Power it off then on when you get to the yellow triangle hold the power button down till it turns orange this will put you in twrp before doing anything make a backup only for kicks and giggles cause likely there will be something wrong with this backup then hit factory/ data restore clear cache and dalvik then hit reboot this will wipe all your personal data and apps so you will need to reregister and download your purchases again but maybe this is enough to get you past whatever is stoping it from booting up right unless of course you have a previous restore point from rooting before then restore that before rebooting

Doesn't work, does not turn orange. I have held it and i have spam pressed it. Just sits at this screen until i hold the button for 20ish seconds to turn it off.

jmluks

May 8, 2011
this happened with me as well.. im my case, the drivers were not installed properly.. check device manager to verify.

boazjuggalo

Apr 27, 2011
At this point it doesn't even show up in device manager. It hasn't got to a point to use USB and the computer don't even make the "device attached to usb" sound effect. Before doing the failed Kindle Fire Utility it was showing up correctly in device manager.

jmluks

May 8, 2011
I think u had my problem as well... when the kindle was running normally, it was detected properly..after kfu rebooted it, windows wasn't able to detect it anymore.. what I did was uninstall / reinstall the drivers that came with kfu