[Q] Charging Problem X10

Search This thread

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
If I keep my phone on charging even after its on 100%, it starts rolling back. As in from 100 to 99 then 98, even if its pluggen in.

Don't know what kind of a problem this is, hardware or software.

Or there's some issue with the battery.

Please help. :confused:

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
If I keep my phone on charging even after its on 100%, it starts rolling back. As in from 100 to 99 then 98, even if its pluggen in.

Sometimes I have the same problem. I dont know if it is caused of a program running in a background or what, but reboot helps

Reactions: lakshay03

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
Sometimes I have the same problem. I dont know if it is caused of a program running in a background or what, but reboot helps

I know the reboot helps.

But usually I put it on charging at night before sleeping.

And when I wake up in the morning, the battery % becomes even less than what it was when i plugged it in.

I'm usually in a hurry then to leave for college in the morning . Can't go to college with battery % less than even 10 :confused:

Thanks for the reply anyway ! :)

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
I know the reboot helps.

But usually I put it on charging at night before sleeping.

And when I wake up in the morning, the battery % becomes even less than what it was when i plugged it in.

I'm usually in a hurry then to leave for college in the morning . Can't go to college with battery % less than even 10 :confused:

Thanks for the reply anyway ! :)

Maybe You have some program that syncs something all the time. Did You try to turn off data and wifi. You can always check it if the reason is the hardware or Software. Just make a backup of Your whole ROM, delete the data and leave the phone over night. I hope it is only software problem.
EDIT: Does Your battery go hot while charging? Oh, and try to wipe battery stats

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
Maybe You have some program that syncs something all the time. Did You try to turn off data and wifi. You can always check it if the reason is the hardware or Software. Just make a backup of Your whole ROM, delete the data and leave the phone over night. I hope it is only software problem.
EDIT: Does Your battery go hot while charging? Oh, and try to wipe battery stats

Yes, my battery does get hot while charging.

And I did wipe the battery stats but its of no use.

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
Yes, my battery does get hot while charging.

And I did wipe the battery stats but its of no use.

Maybe there is really some program that is causing that. I had this problem rarely so I never cared. I had one program called Batterymonitor or sth. like that and it was the reason. Do You have such a program, that shows Your battery level or temperature?

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
Maybe there is really some program that is causing that. I had this problem rarely so I never cared. I had one program called Batterymonitor or sth. like that and it was the reason. Do You have such a program, that shows Your battery level or temperature?

Yes, I have setcpu and rom toolbox.

But would these applications really cause this problem?

Sent from my X10 using XDA

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
The x10 charges the battery to full then if still plugged in it will stop charging until batt drains to set level ,then will charge to full again and over and over all night. X10 wont over charge batt when left plugged in. Kernel/bootloader handle this. There is an app current widget that can log charge levels.

EDIT: I had a tip on charging here but removed it after further research read more about batt here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871051

Last edited:

takmayo

Mar 26, 2012
Mumbai
The x10 charges the battery to full then if still plugged in it will stop charging until batt drains to set level ,then will charge to full again and over and over all night. X10 wont over charge batt when left plugged in. Kernel/bootloader handle this. There is an app current widget that can log charge levels.

EDIT: the best tip I usr for battery life is, let batt runout until phone shuts off, then pull batt, then plug in charger, then replace batt into phone, then phone will boot, enter xrecovery on first boot and wipe batt stats. After wipe while still in xrec pull batt then unplug. Now plug in phone then insert batt. Phone should boot in charge mode( big batt icon only on screen) dont start phone untill light green for 1-2 hours to get full charge . I do this about once a month, when phone starts to shut off around 15%
Sent from my X10S using XDA

As mentioned above as well, this is normal. After charging to 100%, the phone stops battery charging, and will activate charging again only when battery falls a bit (say 97%). Also, battery heating while on charging (and also when using the phone continuously while playing a game) is normal. Relax.. your phone is fine :)

Reactions: Toledo_JAB

takmayo

Mar 26, 2012
Mumbai
@ToledoJab

I am having the same issue with battery... phone switching off at 15%, even at 22-23%, when playing a game or something. But switching it back on, and leaving it idle, phone might run for another 2 hours. So it is the extra load while running a game that the phone cant take any longer (i remember getting the 15%,10% and 5% reminders earlier while playing games)...? Does the battery calibrate method actually help in your case? does it go all the way down to 0% or 1% before shutting down.. ?

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
I just did this after posting that. And yes my phone reported warnings @ 25% 15 10 5 and then shutdown @ 1%.
This way is like reconditioning an old rechargeable ni-cad batt.
All this does is completey drain batt then, with least amount of drainage (phone on, apps& radios running) allows battery to full charge.

There is also a way called recalibrate battery. But this way over charges the batt.

EDIT: I think the phone load will effect reported batt left. I think batt gage use average loads to estimate remaining power. Meaning games, full brightness of LCD, radios -3g -GPS -WiFi -Bluetooth will use more than avg power

edit 2: I found this thread also has some very good points and links. after reading this i will not intentionally take my batt to 0%. I hit 0% about 1-2 times a month on accident as it is. i will just make sure when i do go 0% to wipe stats (dont know if it helps or not) then preform a long (overnight) full charge with phone off.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445698

SORRY for ranting on about this, i thought i was smart but i am still/always learning. :D

From my XPERIA X10S v8.2 on kCernel @ 1.19ghz

Last edited:
Reactions: takmayo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT: I had a tip on charging here but removed it after further research read more about batt here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871051

EDIT: the best tip I usr for battery life is, let batt runout until phone shuts off, then pull batt, then plug in charger, then replace batt into phone, then phone will boot, enter xrecovery on first boot and wipe batt stats. After wipe while still in xrec pull batt then unplug. Now plug in phone then insert batt. Phone should boot in charge mode( big batt icon only on screen) dont start phone untill light green for 1-2 hours to get full charge . I do this about once a month, when phone starts to shut off around 15%
    Sent from my X10S using XDA

As mentioned above as well, this is normal. After charging to 100%, the phone stops battery charging, and will activate charging again only when battery falls a bit (say 97%). Also, battery heating while on charging (and also when using the phone continuously while playing a game) is normal. Relax.. your phone is fine :)
    I just did this after posting that. And yes my phone reported warnings @ 25% 15 10 5 and then shutdown @ 1%.
    This way is like reconditioning an old rechargeable ni-cad batt.
    All this does is completey drain batt then, with least amount of drainage (phone on, apps& radios running) allows battery to full charge.

There is also a way called recalibrate battery. But this way over charges the batt.

EDIT: I think the phone load will effect reported batt left. I think batt gage use average loads to estimate remaining power. Meaning games, full brightness of LCD, radios -3g -GPS -WiFi -Bluetooth will use more than avg power

edit 2: I found this thread also has some very good points and links. after reading this i will not intentionally take my batt to 0%. I hit 0% about 1-2 times a month on accident as it is. i will just make sure when i do go 0% to wipe stats (dont know if it helps or not) then preform a long (overnight) full charge with phone off.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445698

SORRY for ranting on about this, i thought i was smart but i am still/always learning. :D

From my XPERIA X10S v8.2 on kCernel @ 1.19ghz