[q] need help please

Search This thread

mattgraal

May 31, 2014
I am quiet a noob at rooting and using odin. Well, my problem is i tried to unroot using odin and I was flashing L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR using PDA but then my phone accidentally disconnected and now I cannot flash that..I am really scared I soft bricked my phone. Kies will not download due to some stupid errors..I REALLY NEED HELP. I rooted and unrooted and unflashed and flashed numerous times.. But now it's not letting me do the basic PDA flash. I was flashing the stock rom. I don't mess with roms they are unstable and buggy at least cyanogen was. I fixed that error easy but now I am stuck in "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in kies & try again". I cannot download kies and when I do it asks to delete previous versions and then fails and asks the same thing a million times, stupid kies. Well, I can get in download mode without a problem I just don't know what I would need to do now. I am kinda trippy. MY phone an fyi is running 4.4.2 Kitkat if that matters.

Last edited:

AbhiLP

Nov 13, 2012
Jammu
I am quiet a noob at rooting and using odin. Well, my problem is i tried to unroot using odin and I was flashing L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR using PDA but then my phone accidentally disconnected and now I cannot flash that..I am really scared I soft bricked my phone. Kies will not download due to some stupid errors..I REALLY NEED HELP. I rooted and unrooted and unflashed and flashed numerous times.. But now it's not letting me do the basic PDA flash. I was flashing the stock rom. I don't mess with roms they are unstable and buggy at least cyanogen was. I fixed that error easy but now I am stuck in "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in kies & try again". I cannot download kies and when I do it asks to delete previous versions and then fails and asks the same thing a million times, stupid kies. Well, I can get in download mode without a problem I just don't know what I would need to do now. I am kinda trippy. MY phone an fyi is running 4.4.2 Kitkat if that matters.

Uninstall kies from your pc if you have it installed already. All you need is latest Samsung USB drivers. You can find them on google and after that strictly follow the below guide :-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

Please make sure you have all the necessary files required to flash a new firmware according to the model of your phone. The guide above is just for helping you follow the right steps !

Last edited:

mattgraal

May 31, 2014
Uninstall kies from your pc if you have it installed already. All you need is latest Samsung USB drivers. You can find them on google and after that strictly follow the below guide :-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

Please make sure you have all the necessary files required to flash a new firmware according to the model of your phone. The guide above is just for helping you follow the right steps !
Okay, I got that..I'll just find kies and wipe it X)

Last edited:

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Also, make sure you are using a newer version of Odin while flashing the new Stock Tar files. Recommended is odin 3.07 or 3.09 for fewer problems.