Phone reboots instead of entering recovery mode.

Search This thread

Macrophage001

Jan 17, 2010
So I've had my htc one s for about 2 years or so now and this problem has started happening rather recently. No matter what I try, I cannot access the recovery menu.

I've tried:

1.Hardware Keys (Going into bootloader and trying the recovery from there) = no go.
2.App that would allow me to reboot to recovery = no go
3.Installing another recovery to see if that would help = no go

I've also tried the method of erasing the cache through fastboot to no avail.
I'm currently running a really outdated version of cyanogenmod (10.1 i believe) and my phone is now currently stuck at the beginning trying to boot up.

I'm not sure what else I can try. Oh and another thing. It seems like when I tried to install another recovery image, it didn't overwrite what was already there and so now I believe that my phone currently has to recovery menus.

I've already searched through the forums looking for help and while some of the threads that I found came close, none of them except for the erasing of the cache one came close to helping me figure out what was going on.

Please help.

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
So I've had my htc one s for about 2 years or so now and this problem has started happening rather recently. No matter what I try, I cannot access the recovery menu.

I've tried:

1.Hardware Keys (Going into bootloader and trying the recovery from there) = no go.
2.App that would allow me to reboot to recovery = no go
3.Installing another recovery to see if that would help = no go

I've also tried the method of erasing the cache through fastboot to no avail.
I'm currently running a really outdated version of cyanogenmod (10.1 i believe) and my phone is now currently stuck at the beginning trying to boot up.

I'm not sure what else I can try. Oh and another thing. It seems like when I tried to install another recovery image, it didn't overwrite what was already there and so now I believe that my phone currently has to recovery menus.

I've already searched through the forums looking for help and while some of the threads that I found came close, none of them except for the erasing of the cache one came close to helping me figure out what was going on.

Please help.

You can get into bootloader, so just relock it and run an RUU.

Then you can go through the steps of unlocking, installing a recovery and ROM again.

Macrophage001

Jan 17, 2010
You can get into bootloader, so just relock it and run an RUU.

Then you can go through the steps of unlocking, installing a recovery and ROM again.

Ah ok, I'm going to try that. The problem now is that my phone won't boot up and my volume down button doesn't work. It just stays at the portion of boot up with the cyanogenmod logo. I guess my only option now is wait until my phone dies for it to turn off since it won't stay off by simply shutting it down.

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
Ah ok, I'm going to try that. The problem now is that my phone won't boot up and my volume down button doesn't work. It just stays at the portion of boot up with the cyanogenmod logo. I guess my only option now is wait until my phone dies for it to turn off since it won't stay off by simply shutting it down.

If you mean your volume down is physically broken, then yikes you might be in trouble. Might have to watch a video on youtube to learn to take it apart and fix/clean the rocker contact.

If you mean it isn't working because of the boot loop, ok. If you hold power down for like 10 seconds it should reset and then you hold down volume down to get to bootloader.

Macrophage001

Jan 17, 2010
If you mean your volume down is physically broken, then yikes you might be in trouble. Might have to watch a video on youtube to learn to take it apart and fix/clean the rocker contact.

If you mean it isn't working because of the boot loop, ok. If you hold power down for like 10 seconds it should reset and then you hold down volume down to get to bootloader.

Yeah I meant it's actually physically broken. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case but it seems like I'm going to have to find out how to take my phone apart.

Thanks for the help.