CRICKET PST Settings Thread! by Ryan Mogul

Search This thread

ziggygo

Nov 20, 2009
I give up I can't get *228 to work
I live in Chicago area and I'm trying to connect my HTC TP2 Sprint CDMA /GSM(never activated) with Cricket .I'm completely new new to phones so wen I read forum's almost every time I have to learn new things . Please help
Here is where I got so far.
Flash Hard SPL (security unlocked) – thanks to Cimonex
was able to to flash custom ROM(for now is EnergyRom)
unlock Security,SIM,CID – thanks to Olipro
flash unlocked radio 1.96WU (there is other 2.05WU ,I don't know which to use)
reset security to 000000 on EPST
change to Cricket PRL's (I got like 20 of em , none gets local signal ,some gives Verizon digital roaming )
stop and removed CMGuardian ,Arcsoft , tried following Ryan's instructions manually program EPST
install Cricket W AP and Arcsoft 5_0_31_7
Cricked got my MEID in their database and I have my MSID/MIN (I'm switching phones with them)
in registry whats left of Sprint is SprintTV HKLM/SOFTWARE/VolumeOverlay APClass...
something else is preventing my phone to see Cricket towers *228 don't work
what em I missing ?
btw HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Last edited:

nikola66

Dec 27, 2009
HTC OZONE

My htc ozone from verizon,unlocked for any sim card,try to make it work with cricket,calls works,i went to some local diller to flash to cricket,soon as i walk out of the store,web and mms quit working[login information wrong -something like that],come back, they fixed,walk away,same thing.is there any help? Windows standard 6.5 3volution series

2Sancho

May 26, 2009
Picture wont finish uploading.

Has anybody found a solution when the MMS pictures dont finish uploading.
goes all the way to 90% - 99% but it disconnects, and it might work after an hour if lucky.

ymitchell7

Feb 3, 2010
Winston-Salem
Ryan,

I have a question about PST settings. I did everything step by step, but wondering if certain settings should be blank. In NAM settings (step 3), for example, you mentioned the changes that needed to be made. The other settings were already filled in, like "True NMSI, True IMSI, & ACCOLC." Since you didn't mention these settings, should they be blank, or left as is? In CDMA settings, "A sys Primary" is 283, "B sys Primary" is 384, etc. Should I clear these settings or leave them alone?
Thanks

oziruz

Feb 20, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
www.oziruz.biz
Data Connection not working properly

Ryan, im using your 6.1 Light Rom, and i dont have my msl back to all 000000 is that a problem? everything works except my data connection sometimes it wants to tell me that im not subscribed, however i know i am that was one of the features i made sure to get, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

nickyjpd

Sep 17, 2009
Recommendation for sprint tp2 to Cricket.

OK, I tried Mighty, and after a week of trying, the best I get is *228 to work, but still no internet.

I'm going to try with one of Ryan Moguls ROMs now, with the cricket settings.

Can someone recommend which of Ryans ROM would be best for a sprint branded tp2 on cricket network.

I'm in Niagara Falls, and the prl that loaded up last 228 is 38499.

Out of curiosity, I had to go to the 01040 to get it to work. It loaded up 38499. No errors. Now, for giggles, I tried *228 again, and I got the nam error. That seems not right. Comments?

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
OK, I tried Mighty, and after a week of trying, the best I get is *228 to work, but still no internet.

I'm going to try with one of Ryan Moguls ROMs now, with the cricket settings.

Can someone recommend which of Ryans ROM would be best for a sprint branded tp2 on cricket network.

I'm in Niagara Falls, and the prl that loaded up last 228 is 38499.

Out of curiosity, I had to go to the 01040 to get it to work. It loaded up 38499. No errors. Now, for giggles, I tried *228 again, and I got the nam error. That seems not right. Comments?

Cricket acts funny with phones using a MEID ESN in their system. Most of their phones use a Dec ESN. And anyways OTASP (*228) is random when it works anyways. Even with all the right settings etc it might still say we are sorry we are unable to program your phone or similar. Sometimes going outside helps. Soft resetting etc..

I dont make TP2 ROMs for now but I recommend you use Arthurs on PPCgeeks.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105360

nickyjpd

Sep 17, 2009
Thanks for the fast response. You will be seeing a donation. I'm going to check it out without a doubt.

Ryan, as my mom says (not to me) You are so good, when you go to heaven you'll get to keep your boots. (admitedly, it translates a little funny).

nickyjpd

Sep 17, 2009
wow, worked like a charm. I'm kind of disapointed, I was soooo close. It was connecting and everything, must have been a modem or internet setting I was missing, or that didn't take with the installation from your cab.

I'd love to make some time and try to figure out whats what.

Thanks again for all your help, personal, and with what you've published. (King Arthur as well of course!).

RyanMogul

wow, worked like a charm. I'm kind of disapointed, I was soooo close. It was connecting and everything, must have been a modem or internet setting I was missing, or that didn't take with the installation from your cab.

I'd love to make some time and try to figure out whats what.

Thanks again for all your help, personal, and with what you've published. (King Arthur as well of course!).

No problem buddy glad everything worked out for you. PS though, Kingarthur uses my Cricket Carrier and Arcsoft OEM that I made for him. So settings are the same.

nickyjpd

Sep 17, 2009
I'm back to tinkering. I had the cricket carrier cab, maybe I got the wrong arcsoft. Didn't see "oem" version.

I also figured out half the problem is cricket mobile internet quality to.

At least I can run his real fast while I tinker with mighty. Also hope to learn to cook, but thats another day.

I'm going to be driving down your section of the world on a road trip, I'll wave and toss a beer at the first pit sign I see. lol.

This phone really is pretty amazing. Thanks again for all your help.

oziruz

Feb 20, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
www.oziruz.biz
For Ryan - see if you can fix this one!

Ryan (preferably) , or anyone else for that matter. I just did the 6800 Flash to Ryan's 1.5 Light (WM6.1), and for some reason even though ALL the PST settings are right, and i search all over the registry and everywhere else.... theres the icon at the top, you know the one you click on will show what data sessions are active and the carrier/signal, etc.. well, how come with the NAM info setup to Cricket, it still says Qwest in that little bubble? Any ideas? not a big deal but very frustrating.

Moulin13

Jan 29, 2010
everything working perfectly except for the bluetooth, does not recognize a Bluetooth earpiece, phones are recognized but not the hands free..

ddarkone7

Oct 8, 2009
my internet keep connecting automatically every 5 mins, i have a Palm Tre Pro, but i used Ryan's wap and mms settings and cab, how do i stop wap from connecting? Thanks Never mind I got it with data controller.

Last edited:

ddarkone7

Oct 8, 2009
how do i get my mms settings to stay on Wap 2.0 on my Treo Pro, it keep reverting back to 1.2? never mind

Last edited:

thesteve42

Oct 11, 2009
the setup here works perfect, however there is a better way.
first set to SIP only.
disable all MIP profiles.
reboot and your good to go, with no authentication in PST

RyanMogul

the setup here works perfect, however there is a better way.
first set to SIP only.
disable all MIP profiles.
reboot and your good to go, with no authentication in PST

WOW you showed me something that I do not know... lol

Excerpts from my PST settings thread below.

9. Click view info and pick MIP Settings, Make sure Active Profile is on 0, MIP mode should be Simple IP only, MIP reg retries should be 1, MIP reg retry timeout should be 2000 ms, MIP pre-reg timeout should be 30, Mobile Node HA auth should be Disable, send a reg request should be Enable, dormant handoff to disable.

11. Click view info and pick MIP customer profile 1 and make sure Enable profile is DISABLED. Now do the same with the other 4 profiles (profiles 2-5), make sure that the only profile enabled is MIP Default Profile.

Now to correct you, if the phone is programmed for Cricket or is a Cricket phone you do not have to do absolutely every step described in my PST settings.

But if your phone is not a Cricket phone and is not programmed for Cricket then you have to follow every single step to a T for Cricket to function properly, Talk/Text/WAP. MMS The ROM settings need to be perfect as well as PST.

Take care and if you are going to hijack might want to have some information that is not already described in the thread...

thesteve42

Oct 11, 2009
if u disable profile 0 as well, the security tab disapears.
this was tested on a sprint vogue, on cricket.

RyanMogul

if u disable profile 0 as well, the security tab disapears.
this was tested on a sprint vogue, on cricket.

Excerpts again from my Cricket PST Settings.

9. Click view info and pick MIP Settings, Make sure Active Profile is on 0, MIP mode should be Simple IP only, MIP reg retries should be 1, MIP reg retry timeout should be 2000 ms, MIP pre-reg timeout should be 30, Mobile Node HA auth should be Disable, send a reg request should be Enable, dormant handoff to disable.

10. Click view info and pick MIP Default Profile, Enable profile should be ENABLE, NAI should be yourtendigitphonenumber@mycricket.com, MN HA SPI set should be enable, MN HA SPI value should be 12c, MN AAA should be enable, MN AAA SPI value should be 2, reverse tunneling should be enable, home address should be 0.0.0.0, Primary HA address should be 68.28.15.12, secondary should be 68.28.31.12, HA shared secret and AAA secret should be cricket <--lowercase, DMU public should be 0, MN Authenticator should be 0.

11. Click view info and pick MIP customer profile 1 and make sure Enable profile is DISABLED. Now do the same with the other 4 profiles (profiles 2-5), make sure that the only profile enabled is MIP Default Profile.

When you put active profile on 0 that is the MIP Default Profile, which if you follow the settings you put that on ENABLE as described above and disable the other 5 profiles 1-5 leaving MIP Default Profile (0) Enabled and active.

If you disable the Default profile which is 0 the security tab may disappear, but then you cannot authenticate (if the phone has never been authenticated first), which in turn disables EVDO.

Look my settings are universal for all HTC devices, I just tested what you said on the Diamond, Touch Pro, and the Mogul. The security tab DID NOT disappear when disabling every single profile (including the default profile). So if one of those phones was not already authenticated I would of have to of performed the authentication which is described in my PST settings. People are most definately better off doing it the way described in the very first post. Follow the instructions to a T and do not let others mislead you. If this persons way works on the vogue so be it, but my way works also, which is universal to all devices.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good write up for this. I have one big problem. when I try to *228, it fails after just a couple of seconds and says,
    “The number of SPC attempts failed 15 times from the network. Handset will free for 1 minute and will then reset.” I read a post that was obscure but said that the SPC should be six 0's Mine is not all zeros. I don't know how to change mine to all zeros if that is the case

Thanks