Heat

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the OnePlus 5T stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Cullenator

Mar 3, 2015
Victoria, BC
I just tested mine out with a collection of Google Cardboard apps. While my last phone (LG G3 F460, SnapDragon 805) would heat up to an alarming degree and start throttling after about 15 minutes of any Cardboard app, I played for about an hour with my 5T and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't any warmer than when I put it into the headset! This impressed me and got me excited about Cardboard and Google VR again, which I was skeptical about with my last phone.

Michaelflat1

Nov 14, 2016
1080p 60fps video after about half an hour got the phone a bit hot, was in the hard case that came with the phone however. But it was still able to record. CPU was around 55c

Only on rare occasions like playing GPU intensive games or while decoding and encoding videos does it get slightly warm. It is the coolest phone I have ever used till now. I am overwhelmed!

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Yeap surprisingly it doesn't heat up even when using it while dash charging.
This is exactly what baffles me. The phenomenon when you are able to pump about 4 amperes of current without its side effect of getting heated is actually something like "abra ka dabra" & "hocus focus" of the magical world! I am still intrigued by its quick yet cool "DASH" charging feature.

Cullenator

Mar 3, 2015
Victoria, BC
This is exactly what baffles me. The phenomenon when you are able to pump about 4 amperes of current without its side effect of getting heated is actually something like "abra ka dabra" & "hocus focus" of the magical world! I am still intrigued by its quick yet cool "DASH" charging feature.

I think they designed the dash charging plugs to take all the heat for the phone. It's a pretty clever trick.

playuser1111

Jun 2, 2018
if i use utorrent app in my oneplus5t, it heats within 5 mins and reaches almost 60 degree easily.
it is consistent behavior, which happens everytime.

JEDAlive

Jul 13, 2014
Had this phone for quite a few month now. These days, I use it mostly for gaming(auto), no need to pay attention to it for sometimes. But it does get pretty hot. Not very suitable for handheld gaming (high-end games). What I do is put it somewhere with good air flow, room with fan/air-con, even on the floor (its cooler than on table...). My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 heats up way more that this phone, even on the floor, playing the same game. Just saying...

Other usage is just great. No overheat. Even mid-range game won't heat it up too much.

pacan230

Dec 28, 2018
VERY PLEASE ASK FOR ONEPlus 5T A5010 CONSTANTLY RELOADED WITH A PERIODITY OF 10 M

Mod edit: English translation (by Google Translate) added:

Good time of the day, the phone is constantly rebooting and Android 7.1 is trying to install updates, installation failed to write this message in any form to download updates to the phone, waiting for help from you here, thank you in advance, cleared the site, explain everything in detail since I'm new , n, PHONE NEW FIRMWARE OFFICIAL STOCK original

ОЧЕНЬ ПРОШУ ПОМОЩИ oneplus 5t а5010 ПОСТОЯННО ПЕРЕЗАГРУЖАЕТСЯ С ПЕРИОДИЧНОСТЬЮ 10 М

доброго времени суток постоянно перезагружаеться телефон стоит андроид 7,1 при попытке поставить обновления ,installation failed во такое сообщение пишит при любом виде загрузить обновления на телефон, жду помощи от вас тут , зарание большое спасибо, кещ чистил, объясняйте все подробно так как я новичок, н, ТЕЛЕФОН НОВЫЙ ПРОШИВКА ОФИЦИАЛЬНАЯ СТОКОВАЯ оригинальная

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Moderator Announcement (@pacan230), referencing XDA Forum Rules:
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
4. Используйте английский язык.

Мы понимаем, что со всеми национальностями не все хорошо говорят по-английски, но, пожалуйста, попробуйте. Если вы действительно не можете писать на английском, используйте онлайн-переводчик. Вы можете добавить свое оригинальное сообщение на вашем родном языке, ниже перевода на английский. (Это правило распространяется на ваши сообщения, записи профиля и подпись). Вы можете попробовать: - https://translate.google.com/ или https://www.babelfish.com/ или использовать любой по вашему выбору.