[NEW][ALL][PORT][4.2+] PS4 Remote Play for Android (New Thread)

Which platform would you most like a see a homebrew Remote Play app on?

• Windows

Votes: 775 9.0%
  • Mac

Votes: 145 1.7%
  • Linux

Votes: 180 2.1%
  • Android

Votes: 7,029 81.8%
  • IOS/Apple

Votes: 371 4.3%
  • Windows phone

Votes: 94 1.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

twisted89

Mar 29, 2010
This is a Port of the Official PS4 Remote Play App for Android. The mod consists of a single APK file that can be installed on any device that meets the requirements below.

Features:
  • Root Check/APK Signature Check Disabled.
  • Connection Speed Check Removed.
  • Wifi Check Removed.
  • XML/JAR Dependencies Removed.
  • Downgraded Minimum Required SDK to 4.2.
  • Native controller Support for Dualshock - Dualshock Instructions below.
  • Screenshot/recording restriction removed.

Requirements:

Install Instructions:
  1. Download APK.
  2. Copy to device and install or use the adb command "adb install <apk>'' from your PC.
  3. Done!

Dualshock OTG Setup Instructions:
  1. Attach dualshock 4 to device using OTG cable
  2. Ensure you can navigate around device using controller
  3. Launch remoteplay - a dialog should appear asking for USB permission, click OK.
  4. Proceed to start Remote Play, once connected you should be able to control your PS4 using the attached Dualshock 4 controller.

Dualshock Bluetooth Setup Instructions:
  1. Download and Install Sixaxis Controller App
  2. Follow in-app instructions for pairing your controller.
  3. In the sixaxis app preferences ensure 'Enable Gamepad' is checked under 'Gamepad Settings'
  4. Edit mappings in the sixaxis app so that x = A, circle = B, square = X, triangle = Y
  5. Load up remote play app and play!

Known Issues
  1. Although the WiFi restriction has been removed connections over mobile data tend to result in a black screen, nothing I can do about this as it's likely due to the protocol Remote Play uses.
  2. Sixaxis doesn't map the action buttons correctly, see bluetooth instructions above to fix this.

DOWNLOADS:
Version 5.2 (Fixed mobile data but now has speed check reintroduced)
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV5.2.apk
Zippyshare
RemotePlayPortV5.2.apk

Version 5.1
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV5.1.apk
Zippyshare
RemotePlayPortV5.1.apk

Invisible Buttons
Version 5.1
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV5.1_ITB.apk
Zippyshare
RemotePlayPortV5.1_ITB.apk

Old Versions

Version 5.0
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV5.0.apk

Zippyshare
RemotePlayPortV5.0.apk

Version 3.4
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV3.4.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.4.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV3.4.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.4.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Version 3.3
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV3.3.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.3.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV3.3.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.3.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87
Version 3.2
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Version 1.3.2
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.3.1
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.3.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.3.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.1.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.2
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.1
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.1.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.1.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.0
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.0.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.0.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.0.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.0.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Changelog

Fixed connecting with mobile data at the cost of adding speed check back

Removed screenshot/recording blocking
Added invisible buttons version
Added controller support.

Updated to support Firmware 4.x

Fixed searching for Ps4 over local network and restriction to 360p over internet.

Added ability to screenshot and record remoteplay

Upgraded to support firmware 3.0
added native otg dualshock and bluetooth controls to same package

Fix (dodgy hack) for Passcode input

Fix for buggy triggers in 1.3

Added support for the PS button when using Dualshock 4 Over OTG and native bluetooth.

re-applied minimum SDK mod, should fix parsing error and other installation errors.

Improved controller support

Initial release

Remote Play PC:
Remote Play PC is a homebrew version of remote play for Windows. Free and Premium versions are available at my site
https://tmacdev.com/forum
For development updates you can follow my Twitter https://twitter.com/Twist3d89.

Donations:
Donations can be made at my website tmacdev.com the link under my profile or my bitcoin: 18CiY65ruKHmSh2Skt6pUtsxL9MspNsHiE

XDA:DevDB Information
[ALL][PORT][4.2+] PS4 Remote Play for Android, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
twisted89

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.2
Stable Release Date: 2016-10-29

Created 2015-03-30
Last Updated 2016-10-28

Last edited by a moderator:

Jstgeorge2588

Dec 11, 2010
Sorry for double posting

I figured it would be better to put this on this thread since it is focusing on the 1.0 version:

"Great job with this. I have a non-rooted Note 4 with OTG connection to my DS4 on remote play. The controller works now with this, but my only issue is that the button mapping is all over the place. Using the accessibility options on the ps4 doesnt seem to be changing anything since the buttons are still responding the same way for some reason. Any way around this without root (i want to root but unfortunately verizon thinks otherwise). "

twisted89

Mar 29, 2010
I figured it would be better to put this on this thread since it is focusing on the 1.0 version:

"Great job with this. I have a non-rooted Note 4 with OTG connection to my DS4 on remote play. The controller works now with this, but my only issue is that the button mapping is all over the place. Using the accessibility options on the ps4 doesnt seem to be changing anything since the buttons are still responding the same way for some reason. Any way around this without root (i want to root but unfortunately verizon thinks otherwise). "

This will be due to incorrect key mappings in your android keymap files, I don't believe there is a way to fix that without root when using the controller over OTG, correct mappings can be found here - http://xdaforums.com/fire-tv/general/root-dualshock-4-correct-keymaps-t2817223

EDIT:

Also worth mentioning that currently the button remapping on the PS4 is only for the controller not remoteplay.

Last edited:

Piddau

Mar 26, 2015
Great work! One small donation headed your way! :)

Works great on the shield tablet with controller.

Morkai Almandragon

Jan 29, 2009

Have you (or anyone) tried just syncing the controller over BT?

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
This will be due to incorrect key mappings in your android keymap files, I don't believe there is a way to fix that without root when using the controller over OTG, correct mappings can be found here - http://xdaforums.com/fire-tv/general/root-dualshock-4-correct-keymaps-t2817223

On fire tv, RemotePlay works beautifully with Sixaxis and I don't have any button configuration issues but I don't seem to have trigger support for L2 and R2. Would this fix that issue? My Fire tv is rooted so the skies the limit : 3

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Luutienduy1985

twisted89

Mar 29, 2010
On fire tv, RemotePlay works beautifully with Sixaxis and I don't have any button configuration issues but I don't seem to have trigger support for L2 and R2. Would this fix that issue? My Fire tv is rooted so the skies the limit : 3

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

I assume you're connecting over OTG? I don't have a cable to test myself but probably worth a shot.

skochw

Aug 27, 2012
Awesome, thank you! Very excited to try this out when I get home. :)

Quick question about this version: does it support the unlocked framerate they added with the latest PS4/Vita firmwares?

hymanator

Mar 26, 2015
Works great!

Confirmed to be working perfectly on my Nvidia Shield Portable. Was able to set both resolution and frame rate to "High" and it ran smooth. Awesome work and thank you!

Morkai Almandragon

Jan 29, 2009
Just tried bluetooth with the same results, it keeps thinking X is O and Square is X, etc basically all buttons are all over the place. In version 0.7.4, this mapping worked almost perfectly which is confusing as to why it is not now

I am assuming you mean with SixAxis... I meant without it. Turn off Sixaxis and sync it.

1. Turn controller off
2. On your android go to Bluetooth settings and set it to search
3. push and hold the share and PS buttons on your controller
4. wait for it to show up on the phone and pair it.

As long as you are not using one of the near launch controllers (IE old ones with bad thumb sticks too) it should sync right up.

Jstgeorge2588

Dec 11, 2010
I am assuming you mean with SixAxis... I meant without it. Turn off Sixaxis and sync it.

1. Turn controller off
2. On your android go to Bluetooth settings and set it to search
3. push and hold the share and PS buttons on your controller
4. wait for it to show up on the phone and pair it.

As long as you are not using one of the near launch controllers (IE old ones with bad thumb sticks too) it should sync right up.

Well im not rooted so I cannot use the Sixaxis App. However, when doing what you said by pairing, I am still getting the controls all over the place. I have a Note 4, version 4.4.4 nonroot

khizrkshahr

Sep 23, 2014
Ok so what if I have a non rooted device how do I connect the controller as a gamepad I paired it normally can take over my phones menus hut in the app it doesn't work as a gamepad

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Rackers

Top Liked Posts