ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I safely installed the 012 ICS leak using the CWM and unlocked bootloader, I did this by opening the .zip, removing the recovery folder, anything to do with bootloader, and rezipped it as an update.zip, installed fine through CWM and I kept my unlocked bootloader and CWM, re-rooting using the ZeroNull method worked fine as well.

I can now play Angry Birds Space with this leak, I did notice that it hanged earlier, I simply closed the app and reopened and it still works fine.

The new leak seems alot, lot smoother day-to-day.

Metallica 4 Life

Mar 16, 2012
Installed the 012 leak and from a day's experience I can tell it is overall smoother, bootloader unlocked running CWM.
Going into the apps menu now gives you an animation instead of just black screen into the app drawer.

Camera is much better and GPS is improved, accelerometer inverting the x and y is fixed, mic is still sounding horrible, speakers don't crack anymore...just overall much better and smoother :)

Touch input still messes in some games but I noticed something interesting since the first 002 leak, if it quits on you all you have to do is with one finger tap the button you want to tap and with the other finger tap on somewhere empty, do this fast enough(remembering to alternate between your fingers) and it will somehow grant you the touch input back...until it quits on you again, can somebody try and confirm my method?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Joecascio2000

Installed the 012 leak and from a day's experience I can tell it is overall smoother, bootloader unlocked running CWM.
Going into the apps menu now gives you an animation instead of just black screen into the app drawer.

Camera is much better and GPS is improved, accelerometer inverting the x and y is fixed, mic is still sounding horrible, speakers don't crack anymore...just overall much better and smoother :)

Touch input still messes in some games but I noticed something interesting since the first 002 leak, if it quits on you all you have to do is with one finger tap the button you want to tap and with the other finger tap on somewhere empty, do this fast enough(remembering to alternate between your fingers) and it will somehow grant you the touch input back...until it quits on you again, can somebody try and confirm my method?

I just pinch to zoom and it fixes it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

lawguy

Nov 2, 2011
I love ICS on this device. It flies. I hope that ACER gets this touchscreen issue resolved though.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I wasn't gonna say anything because I thought it was a placebo effect but the latest leak is way faster.

Sent from my A100 using XDA Premium HD app

It definitely feels alot lot faster, smoother and generally more solid. I can't say for certain but I also think that the WiFi seems somewhat improved.

Web browsing is ridiculously fast with this, and games now work, haven't tried GTA again though.

benpwarner

Jun 18, 2010
interesting

If you adjust the lcd density to 240 it makes the tablet think its a phone running stock ics, the only problem is it does away with the back and home buttons on bottom.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Thanks for the input on .12 and touch screen still being an issue. My gf likes to play draw something so I gotta hold off upgrading till the touch screen is fixed.

EDIT: bit the bullet
My test. Seems the issue that plagued HC still exist. I can still play games fine though. If I touch the tablet with the other hand while testing it doesn't skip. Same as if i have it charging. Just like how it was on HC.

Can you guys replicate the touch becoming disabled and having to double touch to re enable? I cant seem to.

Last edited:

Matt1408

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Downloaded the newest build. Seems to be a lot smoother.

A few notes, the Google Apps seem to have been updated to the newest versions.

There is the inclusion of an app called Planner which is can not be disabled in the Apps setting page. (All other apps included in the system do not have a problem with this). This app is also locked to portrait view, so if you open it with HDMI mirroring you can get portrait view on your TV :p

bluevmax92

Oct 8, 2009
cincinnati
I'm betting that we would be able to update to the official OTA through an update.zip again.
i just spent 30 minutes chatting with an acer rep. they said (acer) wont be hosting the official version for download on their site.... once it is released, is someone on here gonna strip it and make it into a zip for our community? he told me the FOTA will not be sent to my tablet if the 4.0.3 on my tablet didnt come from acer... (i told him i installed it thinking it was the official release)

bluevmax92

Oct 8, 2009
cincinnati
Over the weekend, I had a bunch of time to kill with my daughter, so I gave her my tablet running the latest ICS leak. Within about half an hour, she discovered issues with all the Angry Birds games (no touch input), Flick Golf (touch input was sporatic), Bejeweled II (again, touch input quit mid-game) and a couple others. Meanwhile, I found out that Splashtop Remote Desktop still doesn't work properly. The resolution is terrible and the remote PC won't respond to any input. So, in spite of the few benefits, I switched back to HC. In my opinion, there are not enough improvements over HC to justify putting up with the bugs. Acer still has plenty of time to get it right, but if you're on the fence about trying the leak, be aware that reverting back to HC requires a hard reset so you better have a good back-up app of lots of spare time to restore your apps and setting.
could you give some pointers as to how you went about reverting back to hc 3.2? by the way if you dont have a solid backup plan for your apps, i use applister.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ldC5iZXNwb2tlc3lzdGVtcy51dGlsLmFwcGxpc3RlciJd

this gives you the opportunity to email yourself a list of all your apps with clickable links inside the email... a little lengthy job but its surefire ...

photopaul65

Jan 16, 2011
ICS issues

Just installed the leak on Saturday. Right away seemed much smoother and certainly faster. Wifi did seem to connect faster with fewer drops, but still won't connect if I'm too close to my router (same as HC). All 92 of my Play Store apps automatically restored themselves, which was nice. Is that a new ICS feature or a new Play Store feature? Only asking because I had to manually install everything except my paid apps on my new HTC phone a few months ago.
Having same issues with games as reported, zero response from any ABirds, Stupid Zombies allows targeting but no firing. Zen Pinball HD works like a dream though. Haven't bothered to try Shadowgun or Dead Space.
I noticed Sunday evening that it started stuttering between screens, both on the launcher and the app drawer. 2 shutdown/restarts didn't fix it, so I did a factory reset and it was back to butter smooth. Now, a day later and it's doing it again? WTF? I'm normally not one to complain about a bit of stutter/lag swiping from screen to screen when it's just the way the device is. This seems to me to be degrading quickly from the fresh install. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible I have an app that is not playing nice with ICS? Can anyone point me to a blacklist?
I'm considering downgrading, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.
Thanks

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Just installed the leak on Saturday. Right away seemed much smoother and certainly faster. Wifi did seem to connect faster with fewer drops, but still won't connect if I'm too close to my router (same as HC). All 92 of my Play Store apps automatically restored themselves, which was nice. Is that a new ICS feature or a new Play Store feature? Only asking because I had to manually install everything except my paid apps on my new HTC phone a few months ago.
Having same issues with games as reported, zero response from any ABirds, Stupid Zombies allows targeting but no firing. Zen Pinball HD works like a dream though. Haven't bothered to try Shadowgun or Dead Space.
I noticed Sunday evening that it started stuttering between screens, both on the launcher and the app drawer. 2 shutdown/restarts didn't fix it, so I did a factory reset and it was back to butter smooth. Now, a day later and it's doing it again? WTF? I'm normally not one to complain about a bit of stutter/lag swiping from screen to screen when it's just the way the device is. This seems to me to be degrading quickly from the fresh install. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible I have an app that is not playing nice with ICS? Can anyone point me to a blacklist?
I'm considering downgrading, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.
Thanks

when your going through the device setup...if you click restore this device...itll download whatever apps were last synced with your online backup..as well as your wifi settings,bluetooth pairings etc

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Metallica 4 Life

Mar 16, 2012
Well I talked to an Acer agent and he provided the exact ETA's for 4.0 in both Canada and USA.
USA: April 27th
Canada: May 3rd
ae71a182-0f5f-16f3.jpg

...so much for "mid-april"

Matt1408

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
WTF? Why is the date later for Canadians? What did we ever do to hurt Acer's feelings?

Oh well, I'm happy that we basically have the first 7" tablet with an official ICS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.
    i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk