QCell Extended Battery 3600 mAh

Search This thread

supersixevo

Dec 21, 2011
I have it and it is great!!!
On average I get around 33 hrs. With +/- 5 hours display time. Depend on which rom and if I play games. Cover fit perfectly.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

dirtbikerr450

Oct 19, 2011
USA
I would recommend this battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-06-22-49-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-06-22-49-29.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,626
Reactions: brittoking

dirtbikerr450

Oct 19, 2011
USA
Not good got my first bootloop today but i did a restore of CM9 and it was back to normal it might have been something else besides that great battery

JohnnyKushi

Mar 28, 2012
Mission Viejo
Hey guys I'm running a similar extended battery and I just broke the back that came with it. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or maybe even a link to buy spare back pieces.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

JohnnyKushi

Mar 28, 2012
Mission Viejo

mipakr

Sep 20, 2010
picked one of these up as well. will update with qualitative batter life reviews.

bassheadz

Dec 30, 2011
rack city
How any boot loop issues I counted one post about one but a restore fixed it....is it a continuous thing or a one time deal?

Sent from my IPhone 4S running shostock2 v2.1

thomastsai92

Feb 9, 2012
Current case

I currently have a Trident Aegis, and I don't feel safe without having a hybrid (or impact safe) case on my phone. Does this fit even with the battery on? And if not, can you recommend a good case that does?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any pictures of battery in phone?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The battery is worth the extra bulk/weight
    Forethoughts:
    I bought this one over the GTMax even though it had WAY less reviews and was slightly more expensive as it seemed to have better quality and it had a better number of good reviews compared to bad. I actually think I have YET to see a bad review for QCell. (I didn't look hard though. XD) The GTMax seemed to have lots of good reviews...and tons of bad ones as well. Some even reporting that it they got dead batteries, the battery performed worse than the stock, or that it worked great...and then quickly lost it's performance a few days later. I also kinda dislike the battery cover design of the GTMax compared to the QCell. So in the end, I thought it was worth the slightly higher price and less number of reviews. Hey, at least I can add another review to this product to help others compare?

Long Review:
    Just received it. So far, it's a nice bit bigger than the regular battery, seems fairly well made for a fairly unknown company, etc. However, the original has "Near Field Communication" printed on it. I am currently unsure if the new battery changes anything with NFC. Also, the cover...felt a tad wrong. Doesn't "click" when you press it down and feels a like it's the tiniest bit wrongly cut. I still however got it in fine and it wasn't all that bad. The color and gloss is perfect. Looks pretty much exactly like the rest of the phone and takes away any logo or texture that old cover had, so I like that part a lot.

The weight is fine. It's like carrying 2-3 Samsung Galaxy SII's. The feel is perfect. I have big hands as some have told me, so when I hold the phone with stock battery, I have a bit of space in my hand. Like my hand is a "U" shape. The battery now fills that space up a nice bit and gives me a nice grip on the phone. I'm neutral on holding it horizontally. One side is holding a thin part of the phone. My right hand is holding the thick battery part of the phone. But doesn't bother me at all so far. I believe the GTMax's battery would win here though as the expanded shape is carried to the top with a curve. QCell's ends abruptly.

So far, I am unsure of any real last of this battery compared to the old one, but if someone could recommend a way to test both against each other, I'd be happy to test. So far, it seems like it should last at least a bit longer than the original, but again, I just got it.

Shorter Review:
    Design/Looks: 5/5
    Functionality: Currently Unsure
    Weight/Feel: 4/5
    Extra Comments: Does NFC still work? The cover also feels a bit off when putting it in. Will it work longer than the GTMax ones?

Pictures:
    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B24vmf2EVo4ebUVkczJwMkRMR1E/edit
    I got recived this battery today and got in on amazon for $19.99
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SK5GK0/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details
    I will report back in a couple of days

Case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077HQ9M2/ref=gno_cart_title_1
    I would recommend this battery
    Anybody has tried it with ShoStock3?

Sent from my SGH-I777

ROM - ShoStock 3 v2.5.6
    Kernel - AJK v1.25-S

Yes, I'm using ShoStock3 v2.5.6 and I can go all day and maybe get down to 50% depending on heavy use. I did get some better life using a JB 4.2.2 ROM, but I did not really care for the ROM.