[FAQ] >> RBAP for miniCM9 by nAa, nAa's kernel X10mini/X8/x10miniPRO .:12/07/2012:.

Search This thread

blackkzero

May 6, 2011
just for fun :

Screenshot_2012-04-04-17-06-31.png
Screenshot_2012-04-04-17-06-49.png

you're killing us with post like that :D jajaja looks great

Tom.K

Dec 22, 2011
Isn't zRAM just virtual swap partition? I've tried on MiniCM7 Compcache @26% and Swapper @128MB, and it caused some conflicts as it either compcache or swapper was working, or none. I'm not sure is it good to use them both... or just zRAM will be enough?

giannhs_n

May 17, 2011
Depends I notice that if u want to use swap partition you have to disable app2sd the card take too much and you just lagg,used with class 4 only but still imo just use swap and comp. Or app2sd no problem...both just killing the phone!
Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk

Daft*mau5

Feb 28, 2011
Cairo
this is the first great ics rom for x8 and i thank nAa for cooking it but i have a very strange problem that is dazzling me i have mh100 Bluetooth headset the problem is that the rom doesn't stream media audio over Bluetooth the in call audio is streamed and media control over Bluetooth is working i have a strong belief that the problem is rom related because i used to run gingerdx and the headset was working just fine can anyone help me

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

by the way there is a very small performance tweak that improved the performance by miles : reducing vm heap size to 32m and also enabling ksm option above heap size and don't overclock it just uses more battery and makes matters worst and increases force close rate

Last edited:

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
andrux-and-me.blogspot.com
Moto G
Moto E
minMAX cpu switcher UPDATE

now on ICS !!

Screenshot_2012-04-11-15-48-52.png
Screenshot_2012-04-11-15-50-16.png
Screenshot_2012-04-11-15-50-02.png
Screenshot_2012-04-11-15-50-25.png

if you think text is too small :
Screenshot_2012-04-11-15-49-46.png

available frequencies :

DOWNLOADS (no mirroring allowed!) :

if you want to test a non-released version, pm me ;)

11.04.12 standard version for e10i, e10a, e15i, e15a, u20i, and u20a, regardless of the rom (custom rom+kernel)
requirements :
- OC in kernel,
- one of the previously written devices,
- undervolt module installed

--> if you are running on any miniCM7/9 based rom, it should work perfectly :)

122/691ix-320/768s

Last edited:

samchan122

Apr 15, 2012
touchsreen problem

bro, i just flashed the minicm9 rom and i found that i got some problem with the touch screen...instead of touching the screen directly, there is a pointer-like cursor on the screen....how to fix this problem?
thank you for any reply:)

sorry i found that i missed the hotfix part, problem solve now :)

Last edited:

debtanu.das

Apr 25, 2011
Kolkata
Help Please

I am using kernel nAa kernel-11 minicm7 2.1.9
I tried to update to Ics minicm9.. tried to flash nAa Ics kernel, didnt boot, didnt even go into CWM.

nAa said
"Preface:
• If you use this kernel on a gingerbread ROM, I will laugh at your noobness
• If you use this kernel on a stock ROM, it will cook you dinner"

so what will i do?? can i flash nAa ics kernel now?? or do i need to do something else??

Last edited:

d1mas

Mar 27, 2011
Donetsk
debtanu.das
why you don't check is your bootloader unlocked with the same method when you unlocked it first time?)
do a few steps until you get R or r.

Reactions: debtanu.das

debtanu.das

Apr 25, 2011
Kolkata
debtanu.das
why you don't check is your bootloader unlocked with the same method when you unlocked it first time?)
do a few steps until you get R or r.

yes did that now i am back on minicm7 2.1.9 on my mini....
i want to install minicm9
but my phone wont go into recovery when i flash ics kernel...

Last edited:

bombaybadboy

Apr 22, 2012
Wherever
trouble installing minicm9 on my x8

hi noobey here but trying to keep up. i have been at this almost a month now but i cant install minicm9 correctly.
I unlocked my bootloader, i installed the correct kernel, then installed minicm9 rom, it fired up fine but when i touched the screen all i had was a small blue circle above my finger on the upper part of the screen, then after a few mins it would reboot.
i flashed the kernel a few times and reinstalled the minicm9 rom a few times always the same thing happened. im trying to look into what im doing wrong, have read up and seen that some people talk about the gaaps zip as well, i havent tried installing that on top of the rom, (sorry if that really sounds noob).

Can anyone help me with this problem plz

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
andrux-and-me.blogspot.com
Moto G
Moto E
hi noobey here but trying to keep up. i have been at this almost a month now but i cant install minicm9 correctly.
I unlocked my bootloader, i installed the correct kernel, then installed minicm9 rom, it fired up fine but when i touched the screen all i had was a small blue circle above my finger on the upper part of the screen, then after a few mins it would reboot.
i flashed the kernel a few times and reinstalled the minicm9 rom a few times always the same thing happened. im trying to look into what im doing wrong, have read up and seen that some people talk about the gaaps zip as well, i havent tried installing that on top of the rom, (sorry if that really sounds noob).

Can anyone help me with this problem plz

backup your current state (using CWM) and then flash the cypress hot fix :

nAa said:

and your problem should be fixed :)
if not, roll back to the backup you just did and come again for support ;)

Reactions: bombaybadboy

bombaybadboy

Apr 22, 2012
Wherever
thanks

the links didnt work but the imfo you gave me pointed me in the right direction, guna give it another go, thanks for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FAQ] >> RBAP for miniCM9 by nAa, nAa's kernel X10mini/X8/x10miniPRO .:12/07/2012:.

Read Before Asking Please

FAQ for MiniCM9, nAa kernel and any other custom rom maybe
    reading may answer to lots of your questions !
    for X10mini, X8 & x10miniPRO

MiniCM9_logo_600x424.png

• i decided to create a new thread dedicated to Q&A about miniCM9 ;)
    • this thread is the place of your questions, answers, tips about miniCM9 and nAa ics kernel
    • so please, as usual, read FAQ, use search option or anything else before asking commonly answered questions
    • the FAQ will be incremented when needed
    • the Q&A is written as Q are asked

Requirements:

Instructions:
    • Download the MiniCM9-xxx.zip from the release link that follows
    • Backup your /data contents: contacts, apps, sms, etc. or backup via recovery
    • Move the MiniCM9-xxx.zip to the root folder of your sdcard. Download the suggested Google Apps for CM9 from here (check http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ if you want to experiment with other gapps versions)
    • Make sure you are using the nAa-ics kernel
    • Enter CWM and:
      - Select 'backup and restore -> Backup'
      - Select 'wipe data/factory reset' (MUST DO)
      - Flash the MiniCM9-xxx.zip. To do this, Select 'install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard' and select the MiniCM9-xxx.zip
      - Flash gapps in the same way
    • Reboot (first boot will take ~2 mins)
    • Once your device has booted, you can use the nAa notification to register for upcoming updates. This way you can get update notifications on new versions of MiniCM9 and the nAa-ics kernel!

Please make sure you followed the above steps before reporting any issues, especially 'wipe data/factory reset'

something else that is useful to read before asking :

Here we (nearly all? XDA members, regardless of being devs or only users [like me], me at least ) don't care about your good/bad English ;) the important is trying to be understood and to understand the content of the threads :)

only ask things you can't find, or you don't understand, please if you don't understand something in any process tell us exactly where is your problem : it will optimize the answer ;)

sometime rephrasing things can make you understand better, feel free to help us for making the most understandable sentence for anybody :)

i'm always trying to use a proper English (not so easy for a non native English ^^)
    but if there's something misunderstood because of my English your are welcome to correct me :)

BUT if you don't make the effort to read, I won't make the effort to answer :p (ok, you can't read everything... but read the minimum ;) )

that's it :)

miniCM website is now available (http://minicm.dyndns.org/site/Chat/ for chatroom)
    clic on the red text above ;)

register, and then enjoy :)

DO
    Reboot - Recovery

BUG
    the screen stuck in rebooting dialog. It should just rebooting

ACTION
    press home key (or any key maybe) to make it reboot

we seek for you, TESTERS, go there for helping : [DEV] miniCM9 debug only thread (shakira, robyn and mimmi)
    2nd part of FAQ

FAQ :

for quick search, use ctrl+f and enter keyword, you should find an answer to your question :)

ok, let's start with some fun :

how to understand FAQ :

0/ question(which build(s) is(are) concerned with q/
    answer to the question
    old, wrong or obsolete answer
    additionnal comments if needed

1/ is miniCM9 an april 1ST troll???????(any version)
    ok, we are on April the 1stn but NO, it is not a troll, just some teasing, and then you'll be able to test it by yourself (on X8 only atm, you'll need to wait a little more for mini and pro)
    3/ cypress digitizer doesn't work ??(for miniCM9-3.0.0/nAa-ics01 on X8)
    use the dedicated fix :

3. and only keep the one you want to flash in the firmware folder
    4. then, start flastool and process flashing operations

1. the red part are nearly unresponsive :
      Screenshot_2012-04-10-20-50-16.png

but the buttons are still perfectly usable, just need to press more to the center
    2. when typing more than 2 times on a word : the app FC, to restart it just wait 2 seconds after pressing "ok"
    3. same issue when selecting words, it can lead to FC

in fact you'll quickly see by yourself how to live with this, without much problem :)
    ==> supposed reason : conflict between input method selecting way and ICS way, the two want to select, and ICS wins the battle :p
    ==> the well known keyboard panel freeze that existed in miniCM7 no more exists in miniCM9 !

dr.norton said:
    in brief, if your regional settings (on windows) don't correct (or let's say english localisation) you can't see the inner files of the main ftf file like kernel.sin & loader.sin in the flashtool, consequently you can't flash the ftf.
    if someone can't see the *.sin files of a *.ftf file, he should change his regional settings of his system. that's all :)

Settings --> display--> brightness
    -Enable automatic brightness
    -Enable ultra brightness

Settings --> display --> automatic blacklight
    -Enable Use custom level
    -Enable Allow light decrease
    -Screen dim levels...: follow this settings:
    Screenshot_2012-05-03-15-31-03_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Don't forget to Save & apply

If you don't see the image go HERE

• disable google search bar : settings > trebuchet > home screen > disable search bar
    • change grid size : settings > trebuchet > home screen > grid size
    • use Apex launcher

I tried a few things and managed to make the lights work this way:

1 - Settings > Display > Automatic Backlight .
    LIGHT SENSOR FILTER mark ''Enable''
    LIGHT LEVELS mark ''Use custom''
    mark ''Allow light decrease'',

2 - Settings > Display > Automatic Backlight > Decrease hysteresis
    Mark ''0%''

3 - Settings > Display > Brightness
    Mark ''Automatic brighness''

OK, The keyboard lights should work !

My configuration, Screenshots :

A: Using swap essentially increases the amount of memory available for your Android system and applications. What it does, is that it allows you to have more open apps at a given time without the need to kill older apps or HOME (causing redraws when you hit HOME). In essence, it improves the multitasking experience for low RAM phones.
    Swap is kept on the sdcard which is by no means as fast as the RAM memory of your phone. So it does NOT improve performance scores.

Q: What is the best sdcard for swap? What size should I use?
    A: The best sdcard is the one with the higher write speed. Usually you need at least a class 6 sdcard to see some improvement. This does not mean that swap won't work on slower sdcards, however things will get laggy when stuff are swapped in or out.
    The size to use really depends on your usage. For normal usage, 64MB should be enough for having 3-4 apps open at any time. If you need to run heavy apps, consider 128MB or 256MB. At any case you can experiment and find whichever option works best for you.

Q: So, what do I need to do to make swap work?
    A: Enabling Swap under MiniCM9 is a piece of cake: Settings -> Performance -> Memory Management -> Swap Settings
    There you can select the size, enable or disable, or check the current swap info.
    You do NOT need a swap partition. You do NOT need swapper or any other thirdparty apps/scripts. All can be done via the Settings menu.
    At boot, if a swapfile is found it's used. At shutdown/usb mass storage, if swap is enabled, it's cleanly disabled so that the sdcard can be unmounted as it should.

Q: Sounds complicated... Do I need to activate swap?
    A: No. MiniCM9 will work perfectly with or without swap as it does e.g. with or without overclocking. Swap is yet another cool performance-related feature :)

another explanation, in other words : here thanks to XepA

usefull links and performance tricks

some links for you :

flashtool (use 0.2.9.1)
    Flastool last version
    SEUS found in MIN thread by dr.norton
    unlock how to
    unlock how to 2
    what is the use of priority for settings in setcpu?
    summary for x10mini/pro
    debrick your mini
    last chance debrick
    miniCM wallpaper by D_d
    SD formatter
    flashplayer for X10 mini (use the download link for armv6) use it at you OWN risk.
    [how to] change X10mini battery
    Stock kernel for X10 mini ! (not pro)
    some explanation about CPU governors
    Mini CM9 Stuff [Walls,Themes,Tips, Icons]
    denoobing, reference and help for x10miniPRO (mimmi) thx to static28

performance tricks :

Hi folks!

MiniCM9 along with the nAa-ics kernel, includes some interesting performance improvement points:
    • System -> Performance -> Processor -> CPU governor and frequency --> SmartassV2 is suggested. Overclocking can be set as higher as your device can take
    • System -> Performance -> Processor -> Undervolting --> Enable this to get better battery life
    • System -> Performance -> Memory management -> zRam (Compcache) --> By default this is set to 18% in order to provide more physical memory (RAM)
    • System -> Performance -> Kernel samepage merging -> Enable this to get smaller memory footprint due to memory sharing among apps (Note that this might increase battery consumption)

ICS is memory hungry, so the more memory we can get, the better the experience will be ;)
    there's a while i didn't posted anything nice in FAQ, why not restarting with screen shots?

3rd part

here the 3rd