[Q] Kernel Question

Search This thread

ChrisPBacon

Feb 24, 2013
I am extremely new to rom flashing. I studied and was able to flash Viperxl 3.2.3 to my HTC one X. The question is: What would be the best sense based kernel to use with this rom and what would I use to control the the clock and voltage for battery and performance.
HTC One X Evita
Will work for bacon.

ChrisPBacon

Feb 24, 2013
I suggest you read those instructions a few times..but after that flashing becomes a breeze and no you would not need to dowgrade your hboot if you s off

Thanks. I will study before I attempt to do it. It took about three weeks of reading everything I could find on here before I flashed the rom. After reading all these posts, I understand the importance of doing it right the first time.
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.

binhujorda

Jul 8, 2011
SAO PAULO
Help with a doubt

Hello, please i need a help for update

I want to install "CleanROM JL Beta 1 -★| Jellybean 4.1.1 | Clean | Fast! |★- "

I can download, put in the memory cell, and installing by TWRP?
or have to extract the boot.img and install by GooManager.

<http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136403>

My Phone:

HTC ONE X AT&T
ROM: CLEAN ROM 5.1
Kernel 3.0.8
Baseband 0.19as
Build Number 2.20
Hboot 1.14
TWRP 2.4.1

Sorry if I have written something wrong, I have read the forum much,however I still encounter difficulties in some things

Thanks to all

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia

My Phone:

HTC ONE X AT&T
Kernel 3.0.8
Baseband 0.19as
Build Number 2.20
Hboot 1.14
TWRP 2.4.1

Sorry if I have written something wrong, I have read the forum much,however I still encounter difficulties in some things

Thanks to all
Extract the boot image from the zip file. Place the boot image and the "complete zip file" on your phones sd. Go into recovery, do wipe, flash boot image, then flash zip file. Reboot.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

Reactions: binhujorda

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
Extract the boot image from the zip file. Place the boot image and the "complete zip file" on your phones sd. Go into recovery, do wipe, flash boot image, then flash zip file. Reboot.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

Those steps are a little misleading...
Here he should not place the boot.img on the sd

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Flashing boot img through fastboot...
download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the boot image out of the Rom zip and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"...now go wipe in recovery and install the Rom it doesn't matter if you keep the boot img in the Rom zip or not

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1179735&d=1344782533
Here is the right link

binhujorda

Jul 8, 2011
SAO PAULO

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the boot image out of the Rom zip and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"...now go wipe in recovery and install the Rom it doesn't matter if you keep the boot img in the Rom zip or not

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Here is the right link

I can flashing the boot img by the application "Flash Image Gui " and the rest by TWRP ?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I can flashing the boot img by the application "Flash Image Gui " and the rest by TWRP ?

Yes.

Flash boot.img with Flash Image GUI, or with fastboot.

Flash the whole ROM zip in TWRP.

Note: When you say "the rest", it implies you removed boot.img. It should still be in the zip. The zip should be fully intact, just as you downloaded it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suggest you read those instructions a few times..but after that flashing becomes a breeze and no you would not need to dowgrade your hboot if you s off

Thanks. I will study before I attempt to do it. It took about three weeks of reading everything I could find on here before I flashed the rom. After reading all these posts, I understand the importance of doing it right the first time.
    HTC OneX Evita
    Will work for bacon.
    Go do s off procedure takes two minutes and painless :silly:

S-Off? Downgrade hboot? I will have to study that a few days. I do not want to end up back on here screaming for help lol. Thanks for the advice.
    HTC OneX Evita
    Will work for bacon.

My Phone:

HTC ONE X AT&T
    Kernel 3.0.8
    Baseband 0.19as
    Build Number 2.20
    Hboot 1.14
    TWRP 2.4.1

Thanks to all
    AT&T HTC OneX
    Android 4.1.1
    ViperXL 3.2.3
    AT&T HTC OneX
    Android 4.1.1
    ViperXL 3.2.3

Here is the right link

Yes.

Flash boot.img with Flash Image GUI, or with fastboot.

Flash the whole ROM zip in TWRP.

Note: When you say "the rest", it implies you removed boot.img. It should still be in the zip. The zip should be fully intact, just as you downloaded it.