[Modem] Hybrid Radios For E970 [2-25-2014]

Search This thread

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Since I couldn't find the links I took it upon myself to convert the n4's radios by morrislee . I do not know if these work (well) on other carriers besides T-Mobile, use at your own risk.

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, if you brick it you assume full responsibility.

Credit:
morrislee
efant
haze_nme
cg_87

Original Thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2412052

Modified:
84/27/84
98/27
97/27/97
97/33/97

I have tested these on my new E970 att on PSK rom(in-call vol woks T-Mobile). LTE doesn't work on ANY radio on T-Mobile for some reason.
Link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Byx2-k8qUVWHUWNuR1A3N09RREE&usp=sharing

Bugs:
98/27: Sensors don't work
97/27/97: No Rotation
97/33/97: No Rotation
84/27: None

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-25-23-58-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-25-23-58-26.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,105
Last edited:

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
Anyone tested these on AT&T?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pepper454

Feb 28, 2012
getting a delay to boot animation. 30+ sec. with this radio, Flashed the .33 radio found in other place "[Nexus 4 Radios] Flash in Recovery [LTE and HSPA+]" no delay faster boot.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
getting a delay to boot animation. 30+ sec. with this radio, Flashed the .33 radio found in other place "[Nexus 4 Radios] Flash in Recovery [LTE and HSPA+]" no delay faster boot.

A delay of 30sec, is that with the 98 radio? I haven't experienced that myself, can anyone else confirm?

Edit: could you time how long it takes your OG to boot, then I'll time mine from a cold boot too.
Sent from my LG Optimus G

pepper454

Feb 28, 2012
A delay of 30sec, is that with the 98 radio? I haven't experienced that myself, can anyone else confirm?

Edit: could you time how long it takes your OG to boot, then I'll time mine from a cold boot too.
Sent from my LG Optimus G

22 sec with the 33 lg to lock screen, flash 27_98, 1:11 LG to boot animation 1:26 to lock, flash back to .33 , 22 sec again.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
just flashed 27 84, 22 sec to lock screen. what benefit is this modem on tmobile?
It uses 27 for cell and 84 for wifi and other according to Morrislee. 27 is supposedly better battery/signal and has fewer dropped calls, which is what I've read in the N4's modem thread and is based on my experience. 97 & 98 are both troublesome radios for some odd reason.

It would give LTE, but something is preventing LTE from turning on with the e970. The phone seems to default to the 1900mhz rearmed towers and not the 1700mhz band needed for T-mo's LTE. I asked a dev if they could look into adding the band menu so we can switch bands.

pepper454

Feb 28, 2012
It uses 27 for cell and 84 for wifi and other according to Morrislee. 27 is supposedly better battery/signal and has fewer dropped calls, which is what I've read in the N4's modem thread and is based on my experience. 97 & 98 are both troublesome radios for some odd reason.

It would give LTE, but something is preventing LTE from turning on with the e970. The phone seems to default to the 1900mhz rearmed towers and not the 1700mhz band needed for T-mo's LTE. I asked a dev if they could look into adding the band menu so we can switch bands.

Maybe we will see this before the phone becomes too dated. Thank you for the detail, I will stick with this one.

dupreeks

Apr 9, 2010
I used this radio after flashing cm11 M2 for e970 because incoming and out going calls had no volume on either end, cm11 was great but after I flashed the hybrid radio it did fix the problem with calls, I still had amazing data speed but things started to force close. The simpsons tapped out would no longer load with everything unknown on the crash report, Native crash, and search and settings also shortly started to start FC constantly. I went back to stock via nandroid backup and everything works fine. I will try cm11 again on T-Mobile when the radio kinks have been worked out. I am just throwing this out there in case anybody has the same problem or a solution. I tried reinstalling apps, clearing caches etc. no luck. I hope this is fixed soon.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pottyvick

Jan 14, 2011
Phoenix
I was only able to get lte on the stock rom and stock radio... Not even custom stock roms gave me lte... i have tried a different hybrid radio but signal kept getting lost, so im gonna try your 27-84 radio...

ver2go

Mar 30, 2007
Did the devs ever add the band menu? Just coming into this phone so I'm still catching up. I really was hoping to get LTE on T-Mobile like I was getting on my ATT HTC One XL. Strange that it was getting LTE.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I couldn't find the links I took it upon myself to convert the n4's radios by morrislee . I do not know if these work (well) on other carriers besides T-Mobile, use at your own risk.

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, if you brick it you assume full responsibility.

Credit:
    morrislee
    efant
    haze_nme
    cg_87

Original Thread:

Modified:
    84/27/84
    98/27
    97/27/97
    97/33/97

I have tested these on my new E970 att on PSK rom(in-call vol woks T-Mobile). LTE doesn't work on ANY radio on T-Mobile for some reason.
    Link:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Byx2-k8qUVWHUWNuR1A3N09RREE&usp=sharing

Bugs:
    98/27: Sensors don't work
    97/27/97: No Rotation
    97/33/97: No Rotation
    84/27: None
    Here are my settings...

Obviously your phone is SIM/Factory unlocked, is your bootloader unlocked?
    What ROM?
    What Radio?
    Where are you located?
    How long have you had these speeds?
    What are your APN settings?
    What plan are you on?

I recall a thread where someone mentioned that FreeGee or whatever defaulted certain values like Bluetooth MAC address, etc. Is it possible that T-Mobile is blocking "us" from LTE because it sees multiple instances of a single device or radio on their network?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

SIM and bootloader unlocked

ROM - Paranandroid 4.4.2 Beta6 Found Here (thanks Houstonn
    Radio - att jb/mako hybrid Found Here (thanks adfurgerson) <-- this seems to be what did it for me. I had problems using the hybrid radios in this thread... used the radio from this link with a fresh install on everything and did the trick. Click on the link and its the top .zip file.
    Location - Jacksonville, Florida
    Time - Had these speeds for 5 days now. I have reset my phone. turned off and on the data. used wifi.. sent calls and texts.. tried to see if it was stable. So far so good.
    APN settings - see attachment.
    Calling plan - I am on a friends and family unlimited text and calls with 500 mb data.

Also, I am using the kernel. 3.4.80-geeb (thanks houstonn) and I flashed everything using CWM.

Maybe someone can see if that works for them? Let me know.
    In call earpiece+dmic fix for stock ATTJB radio: https://copy.com/Vsfxuy9yDJyAIzwD

Unzip it. Using a root capable file manager (eg CM11 File Manager), go to /system/lib/hw/ and backup/rename your audio.primary.msm8960.so to audio.primary.msm8960.so.orig (or something). Copy the modified audio.primary.msm8960.so into /system/lib/hw/ and change/fix its permissions (should be rw-r-r for owner-group-others respectively). Reboot, test by making a phone call.

As a reminder, this is only necessary for using the stock ATTJB radio with a 4.2.X+ ROM. The library itself was compiled from the CM11 source tree and has ONLY been tested with CM11 nightly!
    You're able to use the earpiece+mic during phone calls with a stock ATT/JB radio from 20J and the latest CM11 nightly?
    To follow up on this, I recompiled CM11 using modified ACDBIDs for the TMUS earpiece and dmic. The resulting audio.primary.msm8960.so module will use the JB ACDBID values for T-Mobile audio as well, so the stock ATT/JB radio can now have normal audio during calls.
    Maybe the guys here can help...

I was able to successfully flash either 27/105 or 33/105, the zip did not have the usual "Mako" check that most of the ones in the above link have. I didn't notice much difference aside from losing auto rotation, quickly returned to 84/27.