[Q] 4G Issue

Search This thread

mussacredi

Oct 7, 2007
Hi

I have a Z1 brazilian 6943 and my carrier is Claro. As you probably know 4G in Brazil is not great, even 3G is not 100% reliable so I have question that so far no one was able to respond to me.
When I leave the LTE(preference) WCDMA/GSM active under networks and I have 4G signal everything is ok, but the problem is that 99% of the time is not ok, there is no data available. So I expect the phone understand that LTE is not available and uses the 3G network but this doen not happen, I have zero data availability and I have to change from LTE (preference) WCDMA/GSM to WCDMA(preference)/GSM to have data...

Any one of you has the same situation? if so is there any way our phone understands that there is no 4G and uses 3G instead I have to do it manually?

Regards

Renato

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Hi

I have a Z1 brazilian 6943 and my carrier is Claro. As you probably know 4G in Brazil is not great, even 3G is not 100% reliable so I have question that so far no one was able to respond to me.
When I leave the LTE(preference) WCDMA/GSM active under networks and I have 4G signal everything is ok, but the problem is that 99% of the time is not ok, there is no data available. So I expect the phone understand that LTE is not available and uses the 3G network but this doen not happen, I have zero data availability and I have to change from LTE (preference) WCDMA/GSM to WCDMA(preference)/GSM to have data...

Any one of you has the same situation? if so is there any way our phone understands that there is no 4G and uses 3G instead I have to do it manually?

Regards

Renato

That's exactly the problem i have as well in France, the Z1 handle very bad the 4G, if you can't have a decent 4G connection just don't select it in network preference because u'll have signal problem. It's fine only when i'l folly cover by 4G, if it's not the case, just disable it in the notification and all will be Ok.