U8 UWatch Pro

Search This thread

albeagle007

Feb 10, 2015
Normally the watch dosnt require a password to turn on so maybe it is the password for the sim card that you have in it that it is looking for. If not that try removing the sim card and turning the watch on. I thinknthe factory default password is 000 or 0000.

When i got the watch about 2 weeks ago it worked great and it didn't ask for anything, i have used it for 2 weeks. I don't use a sim card, i just connect it to my smartphone and there is no password required. One day i forgot to charge the battery and the watch turned off itself. When i plugged in to charge it, when i turned it on it is asking for a password, there are 3 trials, after 3 wrong passwords it turns off itself, then when you turn it on, it asks again for a password with 3 trials and so on. So no sim inserted and no smartphone password needed. Maybe when it turned off the first time, it has tried to reset itself and this way it needs a password (i think they have a password to reset) which usually is 0000 or 1234 or 1122 or 1111. So I have tried a lot of passwords, none of them worked. I suppose it is a resetting password, so now it doesn't turn on without the pass. So it is not a sim password nor my smartphone password cause i don't have any. I have also tried to put a sim card and start but the same. I wonder why the manufacture didn't write the password on the manual. I can't use the watch for almost a week now :(

DSC_0251.jpg

Last edited:

lumia5200

Feb 12, 2015
A Way to Distinguish True U8 Bluetooth Wrist Smart Watch Phone

A Way to Distinguish True U8 Bluetooth Wrist Smart Watch Phone
you can search this on google. A better way to use. Also you can find the smart watch with cheaper on SainSonic, Raidoddity, these website

muah_moi

Feb 15, 2015
Did it work

I think the strap is a standard 24mm wide or just slightly less than 1 inch.
It looks pretty standard with except that the pin holding it is not a spring loaded type but
in fact looks as if it is some sort of screw with a hexaganol head
of the type you would put a very small Allen key in.
Changing it looks as though it should be pretty easy if you have two such Allen keys.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Not quite as easy as that because the metal outer case has to be 8mm all the way back from the tip to the shoulder on the plastic.
I read somewhere about someone stripping back the standard plastic plug and finding just the wires underneath.
There is a web site I found selling the longer tip variety of micro USB plug so if it arrives I will test it and maybe I can post a link.

You are correct I think as so far the only music I have played was on my smart phone.
The Bluetooth headphones might not be a problem as you can probable pair them with your smart phone
if the watch won't recognise them , which I suspect it wont.
The odd thing even then the volume control on the watch, in my case won't communicate with the volume control in my music app.
It will make the tracks skip and pause, pity about the volume control.
It is a dedicated piece of firmware as opposed to Android so it boots up very quickly but there are limitations unless the manufacturer posts updates to the firmware.
The battery life is quite good so far, for me a day of light use at least. Charging is pretty quick. It will of course charge off a lap top or aux battery using its 8mm micro USB cable.

Do the micro usb work for you? Did it allow you to plug in your own personal headphones into the micro usb jack?

riahim

Jun 11, 2012
What type of charger does this use? I lost mine and can't figure it out. It's not a mini nor a micro connection...

ofsinreno

Nov 11, 2009
It is a micro USB, but it's got an extended tip on it. A normal one won't quite reach.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

my2234

Jul 14, 2014
A new version

Hi all, just got a new version of this phone. Almost identical to the previous one but with a micro SD card slot as well as a micro sim slot. The battery is now a 350 instead of a 250 so maybe it will run longer.
About the SD card. I have tried it with cards up to 16gb which it recognises and can use.
It can be pointed to use the card for each function where storage is required including audio files. The problem is I have no idea where it expects to find the audio files on the SD card. It might be a directory that has to be created but as usual the documentation, while in English this time, is not very detailed.
There seems to be many little features in this budget watch that are very useful if only the documentation was better. You can get the alarm to use an mp3 recording on the card from any directory but not the audio player.
Anyone know how to get the audio player to work?
The place where extra long micro USB to 3.5 mm jack socket can be purchase?

reliant_turbo

Apr 28, 2014
Warsaw ny
www.turbo-mopar.com
Hi all, just got a new version of this phone. Almost identical to the previous one but with a micro SD card slot as well as a micro sim slot. The battery is now a 350 instead of a 250 so maybe it will run longer.
About the SD card. I have tried it with cards up to 16gb which it recognises and can use.
It can be pointed to use the card for each function where storage is required including audio files. The problem is I have no idea where it expects to find the audio files on the SD card. It might be a directory that has to be created but as usual the documentation, while in English this time, is not very detailed.
There seems to be many little features in this budget watch that are very useful if only the documentation was better. You can get the alarm to use an mp3 recording on the card from any directory but not the audio player.
Anyone know how to get the audio player to work?
The place where extra long micro USB to 3.5 mm jack socket can be purchase?
where did you get the new version?

my2234

Jul 14, 2014
On eBay UK from a store called charmday88.
Also if you want the audio player to work with the SD card in the watch then your music must be in a directory called "my music" which gets scanned if you set the playlist to automatic and alter the icons next to the audio settings control. For 300 tracks it takes under 5 minutes to generate a play list. Note that if the watch is connected to your phone you need to break the BT audio connection before you will see all the options. This can be done by using the audio recorder when you will be prompted to break the BT connection.
The SD card in the phone can be seen and the contents altered by using the USB cable that comes with the phone connected to a lap top and selecting storage mode on the watch when prompted. So loading it up with music is pretty easy.
The watch cost me around £35 and is pretty interesting. It still has the same restrictions as the previous watch in respect of controlling the audio player on the phone. That is it will only let you pause or go forward or back a track.
These watches don't like moisture even the kind you get with condensation or humidity but other than that they function well.
Having full Android on a watch is a bit of an overkill given the size of the screen but this little proprietary OS works well, takes less power and loads quicker. Unfortunately it isn't perfect but for the money it is very functional. The stand alone phone is more useful than one might imagine.

tohai

Apr 17, 2015
Password input phone

When i got the watch about 2 weeks ago it worked great and it didn't ask for anything, i have used it for 2 weeks. I don't use a sim card, i just connect it to my smartphone and there is no password required. One day i forgot to charge the battery and the watch turned off itself. When i plugged in to charge it, when i turned it on it is asking for a password, there are 3 trials, after 3 wrong passwords it turns off itself, then when you turn it on, it asks again for a password with 3 trials and so on. So no sim inserted and no smartphone password needed. Maybe when it turned off the first time, it has tried to reset itself and this way it needs a password (i think they have a password to reset) which usually is 0000 or 1234 or 1122 or 1111. So I have tried a lot of passwords, none of them worked. I suppose it is a resetting password, so now it doesn't turn on without the pass. So it is not a sim password nor my smartphone password cause i don't have any. I have also tried to put a sim card and start but the same. I wonder why the manufacture didn't write the password on the manual. I can't use the watch for almost a week now :(

View attachment 3159483

Hai albeagle007, do you already have the password input phone. ? i also having the same problem

AtzeOnAcid

May 3, 2011
Control Music Player

Sorry, couldnt help with the password, as I ve never experienced this issue.

I am still having another problem with the watch - I couldnt manage to use the watch to control my smartphone music player app (Poweramp). It will always play the music over the watches speaker instead of my headphones, which are connected to the phone.

I guess this has something to do with the higher priority of BT playback equipment in Android, am I right?
But if I uncheck the "Media-Audio"-box in the phones' BT settings, the music app on the watch wouldnt connect to the phone at all.

Does anybody have any ideas?
I ve only bought the watch to control music while riding bike , so as is, it is pretty useless to me...:(

MrGallant

Oct 13, 2013
Got the same problem as above.When i disable media audio watch can't connect music to phone.

Sent from my thl 5000 using XDA Free mobile app

toze1

Apr 13, 2012
anyone knows the default passcode/password of u8pro? Moslty it uses 1122 but its not working. Tnx

user : U8
pass: U8

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

With the APP
"smart watch helper"
all works
but spends a lot of battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is the watch strap replaceable? i dont really like buckle straps and would prefer a deployment clasp. im gonna be ordering this tomorrow so i would just like to know so that i could get the strap at the same time. I intend to make a video on this watch since there arent many. im actually excited for this watch, my hopes arent high but from what i can tell it's a pretty decent smart watch for what it costs.

I think the strap is a standard 24mm wide or just slightly less than 1 inch.
    It looks pretty standard with except that the pin holding it is not a spring loaded type but
    in fact looks as if it is some sort of screw with a hexaganol head
    of the type you would put a very small Allen key in.
    Changing it looks as though it should be pretty easy if you have two such Allen keys.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

aliexpress.com/item/New-Micro-USB-to-3-5mm-RCA-Jack-Headphone-Earphone-Audio-Adapter-Socket-Convertor-Cable-Free/1457486610.html

i guess if the usb connector is not long enough on this one could remove the plastic case and stick some hot glue on it to make it longer.
    so i got the impression though that you cannot store music on u8 pro itself, right?
    also i`m kind of assuming that you would not be able to use u8 pro with bluetooth headset

Not quite as easy as that because the metal outer case has to be 8mm all the way back from the tip to the shoulder on the plastic.
    I read somewhere about someone stripping back the standard plastic plug and finding just the wires underneath.
    There is a web site I found selling the longer tip variety of micro USB plug so if it arrives I will test it and maybe I can post a link.

You are correct I think as so far the only music I have played was on my smart phone.
    The Bluetooth headphones might not be a problem as you can probable pair them with your smart phone
    if the watch won't recognise them , which I suspect it wont.
    The odd thing even then the volume control on the watch, in my case won't communicate with the volume control in my music app.
    It will make the tracks skip and pause, pity about the volume control.
    It is a dedicated piece of firmware as opposed to Android so it boots up very quickly but there are limitations unless the manufacturer posts updates to the firmware.
    The battery life is quite good so far, for me a day of light use at least. Charging is pretty quick. It will of course charge off a lap top or aux battery using its 8mm micro USB cable.
    Link as text

https:// play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.smartwatch

delete the space after //
    so what are the differences between U8 and U8 pro?

hardware looks different, or are there real changes?

software is newer but not that much different?

same BTNotifier app?

Well there is a micro sim card slot which allows it to be a stand alone phone if needed.

This is all for an android phone ad that is what I am using with btnotify as downloaded from the details on the instruction sheet that came with the phone.
    The phone arrived set to Chinese so to set it to English find the settings icon (looks like a gear wheel)
    Tap the second option down.
    Tap the second option down again.
    Select the first option which is English.

I have one of these and it works pretty well even just as a phone.
    Unfortunately the instruction sheet is a bit limited and you need to work a few things out.
    Using btnotification on an android phone it will push full notification with some of the contents not just the fact you have a message to the watch.
    You can start your smart phone camera and see the picture it is seeing then make it capture it on the smart phone using the smart watch as a remote control.
    You can use the music app on the smart watch to operate your music played app on the smart phone to play music held on your phone. On mine I can skip tracks but NOT alter the volume coming through the smart phone speakers or smart phone earphones.
    Of you allow the music to play through the smart watch speaker or earphone then the volume control on the smart watch works locally.
    This may depend on the app you have on the phone and what functionality the phone has.
    There are 4 clock faces and the digital one is very good.
    The screen is bright and has good viewing angles. It comes on with a button press and goes off on a second button press or after about 5 seconds of inactivity. This is good for the battery life and not as much as much of a pain as it might at first appear.. No more so than pressing a button for a back light at night. There is only one button so you can't get it wrong.
    Slightly annoyingly the standard micro USB plugs are longer at about 8mm because the USB slot is sunk to protect it from damage and water I suppose. The earphones are also micro USB in fact the same slot a there is only one. A 3.5 mm jack would have been better for me ad I don't like the earphones supplied very much. A bit of rooting around on the net can yield some 8mm cables but as yet I have not found a 8mm micro USB to 3.5 mm jack plug adaptor.
    If anyone can work out how the speed dial works I would love to know how.
    You can get the local sim to call numbers by entering their position on the sim followed by #. Not really the same thing but easier than scrolling through the local address book. Note their position on the sim is as they were added to the sim not alphabetical.
    I might add to this as I find out a bit more.
    I do have the observation that while names come up for incoming calls to the smart watch if they come from the smart phone it displays the phone number. Maybe this is just my fault.
    Both the lost phone and loss of blue tooth connection (phone out of range) work.
    I will be interested to see any other comments or instructions from anyone else.
    Well only one day in and I find an undocumented feature. If you move your arm forward like you want to know the time the screen comes on. So one handed operation is no problem. Obviously someone used an accelerometer feed to switch on the display or my watch has a loose connection but I think it is very clever, just wish I had a manual that documented all the features.
    Note you may have to try it a few times to get it to work but it will.
    Can't get any of your links to actually download anything, where is the original link for 1321 version?
    Can you get into the file dropper website? I accessed from desktop and mobile chrome and it worked.
    One thing to bear in mind is that the catcha code is case sensitive.
    I don't have 1.3.21,but here is the official link for 1.3.20

http://dl.vmall.com/c0wl4l104v

Edit, found this on the playstore.... Seems to work well.. Is the 3.02 firmware. Am waiting to receive a notification to see if it displays as much info as the mediatek one- edit it displays sender and subject from Gmail app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.smartwatch

The Dev also has another app, but doesn't seem to have as many options
    So i have found 4 versions of BT notify.. Seems like 1.3.21 works the best for me.. Everything works and seems faster..

The latest version 3.01, the remote camera didn't work.

Here are the links

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1319

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1320

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1321

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-301