[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

Search This thread

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.
Drunken moderators? I'm qualified for that job. :D

AND ANOTHER THING... [purposefully pointing, needlessly boisterous, bizarrely random]
I am ALSO qua(hic)... qual(hic)... qualif(hic)... [I can do this, I can do this... BREATHE]

I am here for the moderate drunkard job, too. :highfive:
Are you the beginning or end of the line?
... OR BOTH?
One of you better start explaining! :silly:

...298 ...299 ...and, 300. [huh, what do you know?]
BTW - I never made it past 120ct until I realized you meant someone else.
-EDIT- now you've changed your sig, this will make no sense!

Possibly paraphrased/belatedly butchered former signature of reference:
"When you feel like choking someone count to 10.
If already in the process, then count to 300."

There, I has fixed it for me.

Last edited:

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
AND ANOTHER THING... [purposefully pointing, needlessly boisterous, bizarrely random]

I am ALSO qua(hic)... qual(hic)... qualif(hic)... [I can do this, I can do this... BREATHE]

I am here for the moderate drunkard job, too. :highfive:

Are you the beginning or end of the line?

... OR BOTH?

One of you better start explaining! :silly:

...298 ...299 ...and, 300. [huh, what do you know?]

BTW - I never made it past 120ct until I realized you meant someone else.

-EDIT- now you've changed your sig, this will make no sense!

Possibly paraphrased/belatedly butchered former signature of reference:

"When you feel like choking someone count to 10.

If already in the process, then count to 300."

There, I has fixed it for me.
You appear to have gone to a lot of trouble for this response.

For that, I Neo am awarding you a gold star, nay, a cookie, nay... A gold star cookie.

4854451336_47e77b465b_z.jpg

Sent from the Real World

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.
nom, nom, nom!

You appear to have gone to a lot of trouble for this response.

For that, I Neo am awarding you a gold star, nay, a cookie, nay... A gold star cookie.

4854451336_47e77b465b_z.jpg

Sent from the Real World

Much delayed.
Many apologies.
Inattentive, I have been.

Trouble? No, not for me.
I hope I have not troubled any recipient by making light of what can be a subject devoid of humor to some. [and for valid, tragic reasons]
Bearing this in mind, I would be remiss if I neglected to encourage all who partake of such things to imbibe responsibly, remaining imbued by reality. [end of P. S. A.]

Alas, I am not even the drunkard that I proclaimed myself to be; assuming a role for the sake of a high-stakes attempt at being humorous. I am a sham; may, a charlatan; nay, a SHYSTER! But, oh the reward! A gold star cookie is gratefully accepted and then immediately dismembered -point by point- so that I may share this recognition with five of the members that carry the potential burden of my admiration. Referring to them as strong and competent contributors would demonstrate that I have a knack for stating the obvious and little more. I trust all here will have their own kind words to describe these members and understand why I would express my admiration. I am constrained by time and malady. Please forgive me.

One gold-star-cookie-point each to:
xunholyx
Ibuprophen
Oswald Boelcke
DB126
Droidriven

And to you, Neo, I return with the remnants of the stellar analog's core to consume 50/50.
Equality with you in any regard is certain to benefit me.

Last edited:

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
I am surfing xda through app and all of sudden while scrolling the thread the add popup and this sound start playing even when I don't touch the add. I have checked this behaviour on two devices. And it's really annoying. Add start playing itself all by itself when I don't click onto it. There is a tiny glitch of sound like it start and stops all of sudden itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190817-201930_XDA.jpg
    Screenshot_20190817-201930_XDA.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 208

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
I am surfing xda through app and all of sudden while scrolling the thread the add popup and this sound start playing even when I don't touch the add. I have checked this behaviour on two devices. And it's really annoying. Add start playing itself all by itself when I don't click onto it. There is a tiny glitch of sound like it start and stops all of sudden itself.
Is it the xda labs app's forums part or xda app from playstore?

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Is it the xda labs app's forums part or xda app from playstore?
Playstore one. i know adds are there in playstore version. Its alright when adds comes. But they needed to popup like normal adds., not like start playing sound all of sudden. And i expect more from XDA official app.
@methuselah You might want to consider to report it in this dedicated thread; however, I've no insight how this all works and when (if) it will change.
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1696660
Well, it isn't too intrusive. The thing is i have issues with sounds that the adds are playing. I will report in that thread also.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Playstore one. i know adds are there in playstore version. Its alright when adds comes. But they needed to popup like normal adds., not like start playing sound all of sudden. And i expect more from XDA official app.

Well, it isn't too intrusive. The thing is i have issues with sounds that the adds are playing. I will report in that thread also.
The XDA Labs app is the official app now, the XDA app from PlayStore does not get the support that XDA Labs gets.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
apologies , xda (premium 5.0.22) app does not have a report button and no p.c. here.
this : https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3958689
looks like maybe should be looked at?

err on the side of kindness
I use XDA Labs, also no report button. I use normal browser to report. Same here. No PC.
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post74071503

Maybe it is a better approach. Just an FYI.
Congrats on 30.000 mark! Maybe if your post gets 12 more thanks, you can celebrate another jubilee

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T

So, what I should do now? Anywhere else to report?
Added to the already known issues: https://github.com/Wood-Man/XDA-Labs-Issues-and-Suggestions/issues/100

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto 30 Ultra description has a small error:

"The device is powered by a 4610mAh with 50W fast charging."

This is the right data:
    125W wired
    50W wireless
    10W reverse wireless
    @the_scotsman

Sir, above for your attention.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_edge_30_ultra-11206.php
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.