[APP] Kokotime App Thread for questions/requests/help

Search This thread

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
Hey Dev,

Great app. Kudos!! Just one question. Where can I access the downloaded files ? When I click on the download button it says downloading but then I cannot find the downloaded file. Is there any menu that I cannot locate. Thank you .

Hello there, the downloaded files will be found in the downloaded section on the main menu. Scroll to the "More" section and you will find a button called "Downloaded" click on it to access your downloaded content. Kokotime does not mix up content downloaded from addons with content available on your storage. Content downloaded with Kokotime can only be accessed through Kokotime.

Ives314

Oct 29, 2017
If I go pro. And I have to reinstall the app. Because Lord knows I love flashing everything. Is there a login or something to let the app know I have pro?

Nevermind about the question above. I signed up anyway..lol

Also what is my device limit I just noticed it. I work at Verizon and I have tablet there. I have Nexus 9 for almost every room in my house. And I'm always breaking and buying things.

Last edited:

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
If I go pro. And I have to reinstall the app. Because Lord knows I love flashing everything. Is there a login or something to let the app know I have pro?

Nevermind about the question above. I signed up anyway..lol

Also what is my device limit I just noticed it. I work at Verizon and I have tablet there. I have Nexus 9 for almost every room in my house. And I'm always breaking and buying things.

Hello there, to answer your first question, yes, you sign in with your account to get the premium access. Before the latest update it was with activation codes and users had to request a new code after each flash but this was all fixed with the account system.

The device limit is currently 5 or 6 I am not really sure will need to recheck. The device limit is the number of devices that can be signed in at once, to remove a device from the connected devices you just simply need to log out.

Wikdclown

Dec 20, 2013
plus.google.com
After some use i've noticed a few things, when you are inside a addon like the primewire one itd be nice to have more browsing options other than genre, a alphabetical list would be nice or browse by actor, network, etc. Another thing i noticed was when you first startup the app it shows recently watched but when you click on the show it seems to partially load it and after you wait awhile it will eventually (1-2 minutes) load the seasons/episodes. Sometimes the player seems to get 'stuck' on links it can't resolve or something, it will try to load a link forever but when i manually select a different link it works fine.

Reactions: Scrdev94

rodogg88

Oct 30, 2010
I have tried your app on a first generation amazon firestick. It installs ok but it seems to be a memory hog on the firestick. starting up takes a while but ones its up you can navigate the menus quickly. Although remote friendly, the menu is not 100% remote friendly as sometimes scrolling to the top of the app with a remote can be tricky. my biggest issue with the app is playing a video. i am running the firestick on comcast 200mb internet and the router is right underneath the firestick. playing videos on kokotime (no matter the quality) plays and freezes, plays and freezes. no smooth playback. not sure of you can look into it or tell me how to generate a log for you.

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
I have tried your app on a first generation amazon firestick. It installs ok but it seems to be a memory hog on the firestick. starting up takes a while but ones its up you can navigate the menus quickly. Although remote friendly, the menu is not 100% remote friendly as sometimes scrolling to the top of the app with a remote can be tricky. my biggest issue with the app is playing a video. i am running the firestick on comcast 200mb internet and the router is right underneath the firestick. playing videos on kokotime (no matter the quality) plays and freezes, plays and freezes. no smooth playback. not sure of you can look into it or tell me how to generate a log for you.

Hello there, I haven't done any testing on the firestick so I can not guarantee you best user experience on a first generation firestick. About the bug on the main menu I am well aware of it and I have been trying to find the cause of this glitch that happens when navigating with a controller and I found the issue and fixed it a dew days ago and will release an update with a fix soon. Now about the freezing I am 100% sure it is a source issue and not an issue with the video player, the easiest way to fix this and to get smooth playback is to change the video source by selecting a faster video server from the top right options menu. Some addons use slow servers so it is always a good idea to check the available video sources and choose the best one.

rodogg88

Oct 30, 2010
Hello there, I haven't done any testing on the firestick so I can not guarantee you best user experience on a first generation firestick. About the bug on the main menu I am well aware of it and I have been trying to find the cause of this glitch that happens when navigating with a controller and I found the issue and fixed it a dew days ago and will release an update with a fix soon. Now about the freezing I am 100% sure it is a source issue and not an issue with the video player, the easiest way to fix this and to get smooth playback is to change the video source by selecting a faster video server from the top right options menu. Some addons use slow servers so it is always a good idea to check the available video sources and choose the best one.

hey, thanks for the response. i thought i mentioned trying different video files but might have not. I do know the button you refer to and have used it to change the source and quality (thanks for building in indicators on the file quality - high, low, etc). i typically choose low quality.

i guess the only suggestions i could as for are:
  1. highlight which video source you are currently viewing
  2. add a global search button on the home screen to search all addons
  3. fix the subtitles option (keeps saying no subtitle exist)
  4. if you select a video and it comes back as doesnt exist, close the loading and take you back to the menu

keep up the great work

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
hey, thanks for the response. i thought i mentioned trying different video files but might have not. I do know the button you refer to and have used it to change the source and quality (thanks for building in indicators on the file quality - high, low, etc). i typically choose low quality.

i guess the only suggestions i could as for are:
highlight which video source you are currently viewing
fix the subtitles option (keeps saying no subtitle exist)
if you select a video and it comes back as doesnt exist, close the loading and take you back to the menu

keep up the great work

Its not about choosing low or high quality its more about the servers that are providing the content, if you are running low quality from a slow service streaming will still be slow, the best option would be to choose another service from the options menu. I already added the selected indicator it will be available for the next update along with m3u playlist support so users can import their channel playlists and the player will support live streams. The live stream addon system is also done but it will not be added in the next update because it needs more testing. A lot of major UI changes and bugs were fixed including the controller bug on main menu, and page transitions were also optimized for better transitions. I will take a look on your suggestion and see if it can be done for the next update or not, the project has become quite big and it has become harder to add new features every day like I used to before but thanks for your suggestions and feedback it really helps !

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
Do any of you use m3u playlists ? Or have a subscription with an iptv service ? Are there any specific features you would like to be able to do when importing a playlist or linking an m3u url ? What data is usually available in the #EXTINF of your m3u, group, logo, something else ?

Thankful to anyone who can provide information so I can finalize the channel section

MeExilex3

Apr 29, 2017
Do any of you use m3u playlists ? Or have a subscription with an iptv service ? Are there any specific features you would like to be able to do when importing a playlist or linking an m3u url ? What data is usually available in the #EXTINF of your m3u, group, logo, something else ?

Thankful to anyone who can provide information so I can finalize the channel section

Not sure if it'll be helpful or not but I found this IPTV chan site you can try it has 6 different playlist you can use for free. I've been using it with a different IPTV app and I haven't had any problems with it yet so maybe you can try some of the playlist yourself and see what you like, what works, and what features you feel would benefit the app. ;)

Site: https://fluxustv.blogspot.com/p/m3u-list.html?m=1

Hope it helps! :fingers-crossed:

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs

Reactions: DallasBelt

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
Not sure if it'll be helpful or not but I found this IPTV chan site you can try it has 6 different playlist you can use for free. I've been using it with a different IPTV app and I haven't had any problems with it yet so maybe you can try some of the playlist yourself and see what you like, what works, and what features you feel would benefit the app. ;)

Hello there, the m3u playlist function was added and if you are running the latest version you can play your m3u playlists in 3 different ways :
- Directly from the browser, by clicking an m3u url Kokotime can read the file and let you browse and play the content of the playlist without saving it
- By downloading the m3u file and importing it in app (this will not update the playlist automatically from the url but ot will update inside the app if you manually update the file)
- By adding the m3u url inside the app, this will save the playlist in the apps "My channels" section and it will automatically update the content of the playlist each time it is updated on the url.

Also when you load a playlist with Kokotime you can easily navigate through the channels by double tapping right or left on the video player to zap channels, or by opening the bottom drawer to choose another channel from the list without having to close the current stream.

Reactions: MeExilex3

MeExilex3

Apr 29, 2017
Hello there, the m3u playlist function was added and if you are running the latest version you can play your m3u playlists in 3 different ways :
- Directly from the browser, by clicking an m3u url Kokotime can read the file and let you browse and play the content of the playlist without saving it
- By downloading the m3u file and importing it in app (this will not update the playlist automatically from the url but ot will update inside the app if you manually update the file)
- By adding the m3u url inside the app, this will save the playlist in the apps "My channels" section and it will automatically update the content of the playlist each time it is updated on the url.

Also when you load a playlist with Kokotime you can easily navigate through the channels by double tapping right or left on the video player to zap channels, or by opening the bottom drawer to choose another channel from the list without having to close the current stream.

Yeah I've switched over to Kokotime to try the IPTV option and so far it's been working great for me. I haven't had any problems or lagging and the double tap left or right has been working perfectly and the side drawer is simple and easy to use. I haven't gotten around to installing it on my Amazon Fire Tv but when I get chance I'll try it on there as well and report back if you'd like. I currently only have a phone (mine), my mother's phone and Fire TV to test it on my self. Both phones a Samsung galaxy S8 & S8+ have been working flawless. So thank you for the amazing app and hard work you've been putting into this app. :good:;)

Also have you tried any of the Fluxus TV playlist? My Internet isn't the greatest and my cell service Metropcs isn't the greatest either but strangely enough I used to have a lot of buffering and every now and then It would kick me from the stream but since I started using the same playlist and channels on Kokotime I haven't had any buffering and it hasn't kicked me from the streams. I've been testing it by watching different 24/7 channels that they have at 30mins at a time and sometimes even for a few hours if I found a show or movie that I like and like I said it's been flawless on Kokotime. Cheers! :highfive:

DallasBelt

Mar 9, 2015
Cuenca
Asus ZenFone 2
Asus ZenFone 3

It's working good on my phone. Thanks!

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
Yeah I've switched over to Kokotime to try the IPTV option and so far it's been working great for me. I haven't had any problems or lagging and the double tap left or right has been working perfectly and the side drawer is simple and easy to use. I haven't gotten around to installing it on my Amazon Fire Tv but when I get chance I'll try it on there as well and report back if you'd like. I currently only have a phone (mine), my mother's phone and Fire TV to test it on my self. Both phones a Samsung galaxy S8 & S8+ have been working flawless. So thank you for the amazing app and hard work you've been putting into this app. :good:;)

Also have you tried any of the Fluxus TV playlist? My Internet isn't the greatest and my cell service Metropcs isn't the greatest either but strangely enough I used to have a lot of buffering and every now and then It would kick me from the stream but since I started using the same playlist and channels on Kokotime I haven't had any buffering and it hasn't kicked me from the streams. I've been testing it by watching different 24/7 channels that they have at 30mins at a time and sometimes even for a few hours if I found a show or movie that I like and like I said it's been flawless on Kokotime. Cheers! :highfive:

Hello again, thanks for getting back to me with the feedback and very happy to know everything is working well and that you are enjoying the app. I tried to upload the app to the amazon store but amazon refused it for the same reason they refused Kodi. So I guess you will have to manually side load it there but it would be nice to know if everything is working fine.

About the live streaming on the video player I specifically built a system for streaming on low speed connections so users wouldn't get kicked of their streams if their connection is too slow so glad to know that is working well, I haven't tried fluxus TV though but I tried slow streams to make sure everything is working fine on slow connections thank for your support. :highfive: back haha

Reactions: MeExilex3

MeExilex3

Apr 29, 2017
It's working good on my phone. Thanks!

I'm happy that's its been working great for you it's hard to find a good free IPTV service for obvious reasons but when you do its nice to share it with others which is what I'm doing. Cheers! :good::laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Hello again, thanks for getting back to me with the feedback and very happy to know everything is working well and that you are enjoying the app. I tried to upload the app to the amazon store but amazon refused it for the same reason they refused Kodi. So I guess you will have to manually side load it there but it would be nice to know if everything is working fine.

About the live streaming on the video player I specifically built a system for streaming on low speed connections so users wouldn't get kicked of their streams if their connection is too slow so glad to know that is working well, I haven't tried fluxus TV though but I tried slow streams to make sure everything is working fine on slow connections thank for your support. :highfive: back haha

Hello Hello, Hope you had a great day today and hopefully you'll have a great night as well. :)
Yeah I'm honestly not surprised about Amazon I had to download an app from the Play Store awhile back to side load apps mainly Kodi lol to the Fire tv it's called Apps2Fire it's up in the Play Store if anyone needs its.
I side loaded the Kokotime app earlier today and haven't had any problems or issues with the IPTV Streaming no buffering, getting kicked from the stream buttery smooth. I'll keep testing and report back if I notice anything. Also the way you built the system for low speeds was absolutely genius my man Mad Props. :cowboy::cool:
I'm more surprised other IPTV apps haven't done the same and if they have it isn't nearly as polished as yours since like I've said I have pretty Sh*t Internet and cell service and while other apps I've tried I'm constantly getting kicked or dealing with buffering issues I have yet to experience it with your app. No Man thank you seriously its awesome when you find a Dev that's open to feedback, suggestions, and gives great support. I and I'm sure everyone here greatly appreciate everything you've been doing and I can't wait to see how far this app will go and wish you all the luck, good vibes, and continued success in the world you deserve that and so much more.. Ive also been telling friends and family about your wonderful app so hopefully you'll get more support and coin as well. Cheers! :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, If you are here its probably because you have tried our app and need help or want to make a request or report a bug. Feel free to ask anything below and we will try and help ASAP.

For those who haven't tried Kokotime App, the android media center powered by 3rd party addons go ahead and try it out already !

Available at : [url]https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.scrdev.pg.kokotimeapp[/URL]
    (SMALL ANNOUNCEMENT)

For those of you wondering, Kokotime is still in development and there is still a lot more in progress, here are some features to expect in the near future :
    +Support for live stream addons
    +A separate version of Kokotime optimized for Android TV including optimized layouts and controller navigation (Yes because for those of you complaining, Kokotime was never designed for Android TV)
    +Local library organization including fetching additional info for your local movies or shows like posters, descriptions, genres, cast and reviews !
    +Native chromecast support for your local files
    +Universal Cast support for local files so you can cast your local files to ANY device (Without a chromecast) using our unique Universal Cast system
    +Improvement of our video player including the video player right side drawer.
    +Subtitles syncing and possibility to choose between multiple subtitles if the automatically chosen one is not syncing
    +And much more !

So please be patient and we will make it totally worth your while, and a big thank you to all our supporters and Premium users who are helping us improve Kokotime and continue its development
    for those interested in the upcoming version 2.0 of Kokotime View attachment 4148369
    So essentially a stripped down, beautiful, easy to use and understand version of Kodi, for the everyday person, lol.

Yep I think we can put it like that but the thing is the addons are essential for the legality of the app which I have been trying to achieve for quite a while and removing all content providers from the app to community based addons will remove all responsibility for the app and it will be treated as a mediacenter with addons than a "piracy app"
    Yah....its kinda lil annyoing i hope developer look into it :/

Guys Im working on a whole new update lots of stuff are coming just need to be a bit patient since there is a lot to do here is a small peak of what to expect :

-Addons are coming so all types of content will be available (tv shows, movies, music, sports, and more) an sdk will be available so developers can code addons for kokotime
    -A subtitle manager to search and manually download subtitles in app and full subtitle visual customization (size,color, background ,etc)
    -Main app menu will be added for easy access to all the apps addons and options.
    -Settings will be added to customize your app experience as requested so lots of little options.
    -App will be available on google playstore so easy updates etc
    -Native chromecast support, no need for an external app to stream to chromecast.
    -In app file manager for easy and fast access to your files

This is some of the main features in developpement but I am always checking user requests for stuff to add. A beta version will be available soon so everyone an test