[TOOL] 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)

Search This thread

iaTa

Oct 2, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This tool can be used to revive a bricked OP6T and remove the 'Device is corrupt' error message on boot.

Contains the latest MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 and OOS v9.0.13 which is compatible with International and McLaren editions.

OOS v9.0.11 can also be used to convert a T-Mobile model into a fully fledged International model, more info here.

1. Make sure that your phone is switched off.
  2. Open device manager on your Windows PC.
  3. Press and hold the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons then connect to your PC using your data cable.
  4. Once the device is connected to your Windows PC, check if the phone is being recognized (Other > QUSB_BULK or Ports > Qualcomm).
  5. If showing as Other > QUSB_BULK either wait for Windows to install the Qualcomm driver or download one of the drivers below and install.
  6. Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0 and click Start.
NOTE: This will completely wipe your device and relock your bootloader.

Downloads
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.12)
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11)
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.6)
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.5)
Driver
Alternative driver

Shameless plugs - OP referral link for any peops that would like $20/£20/€20 discount: OnePlus or PayPal donation link: PayPal.

Last edited:

dreinulldrei

Nov 4, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Don't think this is a good idea; from what has been communicated the Modem for T-Mobile is different or has a different signature; you might end up with a brick. We we obviously won't find out unless we try. The problem is... you don't have an image to re-flash the T-Mobile version, so you might have to send it in.

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
im tempted to run this today on the tmobile model. how high is the risk of hard brick? will it leave me without fastboot if it doesnt work?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Don't think this is a good idea; from what has been communicated the Modem for T-Mobile is different or has a different signature; you might end up with a brick. We we obviously won't find out unless we try. The problem is... you don't have an image to re-flash the T-Mobile version, so you might have to send it in.

apparently the flash to 9.0.5 in the other thread overwrites the modem anyway. its the criticals that dont overwrite. worst case im within my 14 days still, can alwasy return

SourPower

Nov 21, 2014
East
I thought someone did dump a stock Tmo 9.0 out here?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603845445

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Yep, if a Dev can chime in that I won't be left with a hard brick and will be able to go back to TMobile firm atleastsr I'll jump. The only thing holding me back is that sim unlock and unlock bin. I don't wanna go thru that again if have to exchange.

It's not how this tool works. A raw dump doesn't equal a flashable fastboot dump doesn't equal a msmdownloadtool ops file.

Edit: apparently you can't use the not equals symbol. I wrote a lengthy reply and it's gone. I'll write a shorter version.

My assumption is there is no version for the T-Mobile, but this will work for a full conversion. OP support will most likely not use this on the T-Mobile version and it's why we had to void our warranty when we unlocked the bootloader. They probably defer you to T-Mobile if you brick your phone. Now that being said, I bet this tool works just fine on the T-Mobile version and will turn it into a full international device capable of OTA updates and everything.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Yep, if a Dev can chime in that I won't be left with a hard brick and will be able to go back to TMobile firm atleastsr I'll jump. The only thing holding me back is that sim unlock and unlock bin. I don't wanna go thru that again if have to exchange.

One of three things will happen.

One, it will recognize it as the wrong device and won't flash at all.

Two, it will flash and you'll have a hard brick.

Three, it will flash and you'll have a fully converted International version.

If you have to return it to TMobile, you shouldn't have any issues returning it. A dead device is a dead device, the reps don't care. Also getting your new one unlocked should be no issue as all since you already had your first device unlocked. Just tell support that. Your device was unlocked and you had to RMA it. They will SIM unlock no problem. You will still have to wait 7 days for the unlock bin.

Last edited:
Reactions: SourPower

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
It's not how this tool works. A raw dump doesn't equal a flashable fastboot dump doesn't equal a msmdownloadtool ops file.

Edit: apparently you can't use the not equals symbol. I wrote a lengthy reply and it's gone. I'll write a shorter version.

My assumption is there is no version for the T-Mobile, but this will work for a full conversion. OP support will most likely not use this on the T-Mobile version and it's why we had to void our warranty when we unlocked the bootloader. They probably defer you to T-Mobile if you brick your phone. Now that being said, I bet this tool works just fine on the T-Mobile version and will turn it into a full international device capable of OTA updates and everything.
Screw it. I'm gonna do this soon. Will report back

Reactions: havis23 and BIGWORM

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

One, it will recognize it as the wrong device and won't flash as at.

If you have to return it to TMobile, you shouldn't have any issues returning it. A dead device is a dead device, the reps don't care. Also getting your new one unlocked should be no issue as all since you already had your first device unlocked. Just tell support that. Your device was unlocked and you had to RMA it. They will SIM unlock no problem. You will still have to wait 7 days for the unlock bin.

Wanna find out? I'll probably test in a few, lol.

Reactions: SourPower

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008

One, it will recognize it as the wrong device and won't flash as at.

Cuz I'm assuming it's the same as Samsung. One hardware multiple softwares.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Wanna find out? I'll probably test in a few, lol.
Dude I will owe you one. Ur much braver than I. If my son falls asleep I'm trying to. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. And please let me buy u a beer lmfao

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• fail.PNG
    fail.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 4,133

k_ahm.143

Account currently disabled
This tool can be used to revive a bricked OP6T and remove the 'Device is corrupt' error message on boot.

Contains the latest MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 and OOS v9.0.5 and is compatible with the non T-mobile international models (T-mobile compatibility currently unknown).

3. Press and hold the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons then connect to your PC using your data cable.
  4. Once the device is connected to your Windows PC, check if the phone is being recognized (Other > QUSB_BULK or Ports > Qualcomm).
  5. If showing as Other > QUSB_BULK either wait for Windows to install the Qualcomm driver or download the driver below and install.
  6. Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory.exe and click Start.

Downloads
MsmDownloadTool: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603846961
Driver: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347798730

Shameless plug - my OP referral link for any peops that would like $20/£20/€20 discount: https://www.oneplus.com/invite#EC5BZVULJDUUO22
Oh my God you just saved my life brother. Thank you so much.:eek:

Reactions: kamots and iaTa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Contains the latest MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 and OOS v9.0.13 which is compatible with International and McLaren editions.

OOS v9.0.11 can also be used to convert a T-Mobile model into a fully fledged International model, more info here.

5. If showing as Other > QUSB_BULK either wait for Windows to install the Qualcomm driver or download one of the drivers below and install.
    6. Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0 and click Start.

Downloads
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.12)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.6)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.5)
    Driver
    Alternative driver

Shameless plugs - OP referral link for any peops that would like $20/£20/€20 discount: OnePlus or PayPal donation link: PayPal.
    My observations from my journey (Fastboot only, Bootloader Locked):
    1) made sure my Windows computer was in test mode (powershell... bcdedit... find the instructions on how to do this). SUCCESS!
    2) Phone kept going into Fastboot mode whenever plugged in -> found a thread that mentioned forcing it off by holding Power + BOTH Volume buttons (10 seconds). SUCCESS!
    3) got Qualcomm drivers to recognize phone when plugged into PC = allowed my device to be seen from MSM tool (along the way, downloaded and used both OP drivers in 1st post - maybe it helped, maybe not). SUCCESS!
    3) In the MSM tool, I would get the "sahara communication failed". Unplug phone and plug in, MSM starts again, but gets another "sahara" message. Repeat dozens of times, to no avail. FAIL!
    4) Was using the OOS 9.0.13 file and MSM tool, but read a thread that suggested using an older set, so I switched to using the OOS 9.0.5 file and MSM tool. Get another "sahara" message FAIL!
    5) Followed some suggestions to hold volume up and power button (not sure why). Phone goes into Fastboot mode, and the phone would only register as Android Bootloader Interface when Fastboot was on. Could not upload any other driver for it to work. FAIL!

So: The phone is in Fastboot mode, is still plugged into the computer; the MSM tool from the 9.0.5 tool is still open, still set on "Sahara" error message from before; I have loaded both Qualcomm drivers the OP has listed in post #1, yet the phone still reads as "Android Bootloader Interface" and not Qualcomm when in Fastboot mode. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

6) Turned off phone by holding down Power + BOTH Volume buttons (because anything else forces the phone back into Fastboot mode because it is plugged in!) and suddenly the MSM tool starts downloading the appropriate files to fix my phone. SWEET SUCCESS!!!!!!

This post is mainly to help myself in the future should another brick happen, but to help others as well learn from my mistakes. I read a lot of posts and started inching closer and closer to my ultimate goal of full stock restoration - thank you to all at the XDA community and Youtube as well. But this post is also to illustrate that not everyone's situation is the same, and it can be incredibly frustrating when your situation does not fit the bill.

Thanks to everyone, and good luck with yours!
    TMO

I did a dump of every partition, except data, the second I unlocked my bootloader.

Well, it isn't RSA signing that is bricking the TMO version -- the certs are identical. What is interesting is this:

Code:
    1423:d=5  hl=2 l=   3 prim: OBJECT            :organizationalUnitName
    1428:d=5  hl=2 l=  42 prim: PRINTABLESTRING   :General Use Test Key (for testing 13 only)

The question is, is that the Google test cert? If so, you guys lucked out and can sign your own firmware.

Sorry I can't explain the bricks, but it is most definitely not due to different RSA signatures.

-- Brian
    U mean not to flash otas and critical?? Full rom imgs have proven to work..my only concern is if critical is updated by OnePlus in the future and they make it mandatory to have a certain version of critical in order to boot new firmware. In which case then tmo users are stuck till tmo itself issues updates.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If by critical you mean, the bootloader, modem firmware, trust zone, etc.... yes, those are the ones that are RSA signed.

If someone wants to dump xbl_a from both the TMO and international versions, I will be glad to double check .. maybe TMO had a change of heart with the OP6t.

FYI - I don't own the phone, just trying to help people keep from bricking their devices.

-- Brian
    @Dark Nightmare & @hartleyshc I've got TWRP now decrypting correctly. Anyone wanna brave the waters and test?

Edit: False alarm. Gimme a little bit to figure something out!