MMS Help & BT MMS Settings

Search This thread

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
^thanks im trying it right now... also i cant send pic messages bigger than 100kb, anyway to change that? i used to be able to do 300kb, but now 100 is the max setting

Using a registry editing program, go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSC Setting\[your name for T-Mobile MMS gateway]

Once in here, go to WAP1SendDefaultSize and change the value to 307200. Do the same for WAP2SendDefaultSize. Reboot the phone and it should work. In the MMS settings under "Messaging", you still won't have the option of selecting 300K for a sending size (but your phone will still allow files up to 300K to be uploaded in MMS messages).

nlarge

Apr 20, 2007
Using a registry editing program, go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSC Setting\[your name for T-Mobile MMS gateway]

Once in here, go to WAP1SendDefaultSize and change the value to 307200. Do the same for WAP2SendDefaultSize. Reboot the phone and it should work. In the MMS settings under "Messaging", you still won't have the option of selecting 300K for a sending size (but your phone will still allow files up to 300K to be uploaded in MMS messages).

did this a while ago and it actually shows 300k in the settings selection now too. but still wondering about the above key that i dont seem to have. should i?

Se7eN43

Mar 10, 2008
start>settings>connections>GPRS>T-Mobile MMS:

make sure "WAP Network" is selected under "Connects To"

Now go into Messaging>MMS>Menu>settings>Menu>MMSC Settings>T-Mobile MMS>Menu>Edit:

also make sure "WAP Network" is selected under "Connect via"

start>settings>connections>GPRS>T-Mobile MMS:

make sure "WAP Network" is selected under "Connects To"

Now go into Messaging>MMS>Menu>settings>Menu>MMSC Settings>T-Mobile MMS>Menu>Edit:

also make sure "WAP Network" is selected under "Connect via"
"T-Mobile MMS" in the settins area is not even set up for me would you guide me on how to set it up seems like when i Flashed My Phone To The WM6.1 That Feature Never Got An Auto-Setup So If You've Got the Updated WM6.1 Please Guide Me On How To Setup My
(GPRS>T-Mobile MMS) Settings. Thanks.

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
"T-Mobile MMS" in the settins area is not even set up for me would you guide me on how to set it up seems like when i Flashed My Phone To The WM6.1 That Feature Never Got An Auto-Setup So If You've Got the Updated WM6.1 Please Guide Me On How To Setup My

This has already been answered on page 1 of this thread.

Se7eN43

Mar 10, 2008

well if ur in the US, then just use the "Connetion Setup" program in the Accessories folder of the Start menu. other than that, just do a search on MMS at t-mobiles website to set it up.

Please Help Having Some Issues. With Messegeing

Ever Since Ive Updated To Rickys WM6.1 ROM My Messegeing Thing Aint Been Working Right. I Got My Picture Messegeing To Work. But As Far As Video Messegeing It Dont Work. I Asked My Friend to Send Me A Video Messege And It Never Went Thru. I Cant Receive Nore View Video Messegeing.... Can SOmeone Help Me Fix this? Also I Understand That I Can Only Send Files As Big As 300k. Why Is It Capped? And Is There A Way To Make It Higher? Please help Me Thank YOu.

Last edited:

jdoggraz

Retired Moderator
Nov 19, 2007
Glendale, Arizona
Umm... Mine works fine... Visit the site I have below in my signature and go through the configurations and yes the limit would be 300k no more then that. I believe you might be able to registry edit this; however, i think this is server limit that t mobile puts on messages.

Umm... Mine works fine... Visit the site I have below in my signature and go through the configurations and yes the limit would be 300k no more then that. I believe you might be able to registry edit this; however, i think this is server limit that t mobile puts on messages.
ive tryed going thru your setup link and still no luck. any other advice you can give me?

jdoggraz

Retired Moderator
Nov 19, 2007
Glendale, Arizona
Use REGISTRY EDITOR UNDER TOOLS FOLDER OK.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit

change recvlimit1 through 3 to 307200
and sendlimit1 through 5 to 307200

then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSC Setting\SampleMMSC

Once in here, go to WAP1SendDefaultSize and change the value to 307200. Do the same for WAP2SendDefaultSize and WAP1recvdefault as well

This should work for you, and I am assuming you are using T Mobile is that correct?

Clydeistheshit

Apr 14, 2008
OK I HAVE UPDATED MY PHONE TO THE LATEST 6.1 ROM: http://rapidshare.com/files/11116979...3_No_Opera.zip. I HAVE GOT MY WEB AND EMAIL TO WORK JUST FINE BUT NOT MY MMS MESSAGE. I AM NOT ABLE TO SEND OR DOWNLOAD A PIX THE SOME ONE HAS SENT TO ME....... WHAT IS THE PROBLEM????

This exact same question has been asked so many times. I am pretty sure I even answered it once today in another thread. First try running "connection setup" and select your country and carrier. If that fails try your carriers website to see if they have all the details you need and if that doesn't work just do a search on the main page and you will come up with lots of different information

Technology

Aug 24, 2007
The Fix If T-Mobile Is Your Carrier

OK I HAVE UPDATED MY PHONE TO THE LATEST 6.1 ROM: http://rapidshare.com/files/11116979...3_No_Opera.zip. I HAVE GOT MY WEB AND EMAIL TO WORK JUST FINE BUT NOT MY MMS MESSAGE. I AM NOT ABLE TO SEND OR DOWNLOAD A PIX THE SOME ONE HAS SENT TO ME....... WHAT IS THE PROBLEM????
Go to Messing> highlight MMS> Menu> Settings> Menu> T-Mobile MMS and go to Connect via: and change to Wap Network. Next go to Start> All Programs> Settings> Connects> GPRS> T-Mobile MMS and change Connect to: to Wap Network and hit Done..........!:D

Last edited:

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
if you use the connection wizard...YOU WILL NEED TO CALL T_MOBILE.
I SUGGEST insert the settings manually.

It is becoming a pain reentering all this info with every ROM update.

Start Menu -> Settings -> Connections -> GPRS
T-Mobile Data
Connects To: The Internet
Access Point: wap.voicestream.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: <blank>

Start Menu -> Settings -> Connections -> GPRS
T-Mobile MMS
Connects to: WAP Network
Access point: wap.voicestream.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: <blank>

Start -> Settings -> SMS Service
GPRS preferred

Start Menu -> Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Options -> Connections
"Automatically detect settings" is unchecked

Select network: The Internet (Must be set to "The Internet" to work over WiFi. Try "WAP Network" if you're having trouble over the EDGE/GPRS connection)

Start Menu -> MMS -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> MMSC Settings
Menu-> (add) T-Mobile MMS (should not be there Add it and delete all other)
Then Menu -> Edit
Name: T-Mobile MMS
MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
WAP gateway: 216.155.165.50
Port: 8080
Connects via: The Internet
Max. sending: 300K
WAP version: WAP 2.0
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited: