First ROM project help

Search This thread

HypostaticOnion

First off, I wanna say thanks to the community that has inspired me to learn about android to the point that I wanna start work on my own first project. Basically I wanna make a Stock sense 2.1 ROM, with added in tweaks and my own spin on some stuff. I'm gonna need a few things.

1) I need some devs who can help me, by answering questions, and also talking me through stuff.

2) I will eventually need testers. I only want a few, because I don't wanna be bombarded with all kinds of bugs lol. I have a few people in mind.

If you think you can help, send me a PM and in the subject line, indicate what you're wanting to help with (ie: dev or tester).

Thanks guys.

Reactions: dreamkiller80

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
i will do my best to lead you astray :eek:

j/k man best of luck with it and you know ill help where/when i can

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
I would be glad to tell you what you did wrong. Jk. I had this idea before of my own flavor of 2.1 but I was far too lazy to make it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
@tyler feel free to hit me up via pm, twitter, or irc during the weekdays for whatever you need

if you post more specific help requests in the op here, like what exactly you like to see added or done to your project would give those who might be inclined to help a better idea of what you are looking (ie editing apks, scripts, mods, etc)

HypostaticOnion

@tyler feel free to hit me up via pm, twitter, or irc during the weekdays for whatever you need

if you post more specific help requests in the op here, like what exactly you like to see added or done to your project would give those who might be inclined to help a better idea of what you are looking (ie editing apks, scripts, mods, etc)

Well, I got the testers I need, but as far as what the plan is, I wanna keep it hush until it's released. I've only shared with a few people, but it's been in private.

Swyped From My MikRunny'd Superphone Using TapaTalk 2

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Well, I got the testers I need, but as far as what the plan is, I wanna keep it hush until it's released. I've only shared with a few people, but it's been in private.

Swyped From My MikRunny'd Superphone Using TapaTalk 2

ok, gotcha....well you know where to find me if ya need to :)

joefrog1996

Oct 7, 2011
Word of advice, don't get too caught up in developing for gingerbread. Study and use ics as well because its the future for our phone. I don't want to see you spend months on this and have no one use it. I know its your first ROM but think ahead.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
Word of advice, don't get too caught up in developing for gingerbread. Study and use ics as well because its the future for our phone. I don't want to see you spend months on this and have no one use it. I know its your first ROM but think ahead.

Gingerbread is solid and will enable the basics. Once those are good and we actually have a leaked kernel for ics it would be smart to move on.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Reactions: RegnierD

kevdliu

Apr 4, 2011
i would wait for the ics leak in the upcoming week but practice (?) adding tweaks with gb roms until then

Reactions: HypostaticOnion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I wanna say thanks to the community that has inspired me to learn about android to the point that I wanna start work on my own first project. Basically I wanna make a Stock sense 2.1 ROM, with added in tweaks and my own spin on some stuff. I'm gonna need a few things.

1) I need some devs who can help me, by answering questions, and also talking me through stuff.

2) I will eventually need testers. I only want a few, because I don't wanna be bombarded with all kinds of bugs lol. I have a few people in mind.

If you think you can help, send me a PM and in the subject line, indicate what you're wanting to help with (ie: dev or tester).

Thanks guys.

Gingerbread is solid and will enable the basics. Once those are good and we actually have a leaked kernel for ics it would be smart to move on.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
    i would wait for the ics leak in the upcoming week but practice (?) adding tweaks with gb roms until then