Can't install Custom Recovery

Search This thread

Metalian44

Apr 23, 2014
I have a Canadian galaxy note 3 currently with Telus. I had it rooted with a custom rom once before but then Un rooted it and put it back to the stock rom that I got off sammobile.com. The problem is that I rooted it again and every time I try to install a custom recovery nothing will work. I've tried through Odin, goo manager, rom manager... but every time I boot into recovery it loads the stock recovery. The stock recovery also has the tipped over android with the red triangle. Please help! I love custom roms to much to give up on this

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
I have a Canadian galaxy note 3 currently with Telus. I had it rooted with a custom rom once before but then Un rooted it and put it back to the stock rom that I got off sammobile.com. The problem is that I rooted it again and every time I try to install a custom recovery nothing will work. I've tried through Odin, goo manager, rom manager... but every time I boot into recovery it loads the stock recovery. The stock recovery also has the tipped over android with the red triangle. Please help! I love custom roms to much to give up on this

Check if reactivation lock is on.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

Did you uncheck auto reboot in odin before you flashed? After the flash pull the battery and reinsert it after 5 seconds. Hold volume up + menu + power and you should get in to the custom recovery.

Metalian44

Apr 23, 2014

I have tried that but when it starts to boot the recovery it gets stuck in a loop where it vibrates, shows the words recovery booting and then the screen goes black and it repeats over and over.

Metalian44

Apr 23, 2014

I had anthem ioap rom before but now I am just running the stock samsung firmware. I've tried to install cwm and twrp but it is not working. I don't get stuck in the recovery booting loop anymore though. Instead Odin gets stuck on the recovery.img process.